Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Last one to post wins

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Uh Huh..........

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinKnight View Post
    I see it didn't get you very far...

You only snuck up on Harve and he caught you in the act...

Sho' nuff......... To quote Country Singer LeRoy Van Dyke........ "Just Walk on by... Wait on the Corner..."
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hwoods View Post
    Sho' nuff......... To quote Country Singer LeRoy Van Dyke........ "Just Walk on by... Wait on the Corner..."
    O.K. You wait on the corner Chief. I'll send someone to pick you up.

Miller shifts into overdrive and DRIVES on by.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miller337 View Post
    O.K. You wait on the corner Chief. I'll send someone to pick you up.

Miller shifts into overdrive and DRIVES on by.

You better fix those flats....

It appears someone slashed the tires....

Harve... did you see whodunit?
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

MembersZone Subscriber

Boy, it is really hard to be ruthless after that. Both her and Bull's daughter are simply darling.
    Thank you Sir! But your tires are still flat and I just blew your doors off!
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

Seems like I have quite the collection of valve stem cores in my pocket. Good thing I run these on my ride. No air to let out.

See ya'll pass me while I have dinner, but not for long though. Catch up as fast as you can, IF, you can.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF
    "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Forum Member

ok everyone...lets all sit back for a while and turn out thoughts to all of those in NY who lost everything- and I mean EVERYTHING last week in the floods during/after Irene -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZWqU...yer_detailpage

Speaking of which - has anyone heard from Moose???

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by pasobuff View Post
    ok everyone...lets all sit back for a while and turn out thoughts to all of those in NY who lost everything- and I mean EVERYTHING last week in the floods during/after Irene -

You are correct Mam, My thoughts and prayers go out to them.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

All those in NY and every where else have our thoughts and prayers.

55 Years & Still Rolling

Thumbs up Absolutely..........

I'm with you Ma'am. No sign of Moose, but wasn't he heading out of Town?? Or am I thinking of someone else??......
    In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

I'm with you Ma'am. No sign of Moose, but wasn't he heading out of Town?? Or am I thinking of someone else??......
    Harve - yes, he ws heading out of town before the hurricane as part of a mobilization or resources....haven't heard from him since. Not sure which agency he was working for either or I'd ask one of the guys/gals here....

I do know his home town wasn't hit hard - just a lot of rain but no real flooding etc.

55 Years & Still Rolling

Thumbs up Hmmm......

Harve - yes, he ws heading out of town before the hurricane as part of a mobilization or resources....haven't heard from him since. Not sure which agency he was working for either or I'd ask one of the guys/gals here....

I do know his home town wasn't hit hard - just a lot of rain but no real flooding etc.
    OK, that's good news...... Question on the Tornado Video clip....... Was that near Amsterdam??........
    In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Yes - that is just to the East of Amsterdam...NWS has confirmed it was on the ground for about 10 minutes!.....In our area that is VERY rare.....

55 Years & Still Rolling

Thumbs up Ok............

Yes - that is just to the East of Amsterdam...NWS has confirmed it was on the ground for about 10 minutes!.....In our area that is VERY rare.....
    Laura and I were thru there a while back, from Lake Onida (Syracuse) to Amsterdam, headed north about 20 miles, then East to Saratoga Springs, avoided the Albany area congestion on our way to Whitehall NY, then Rutland VT. Nice Ride in early October.........
    Last edited by hwoods; 09-05-2011 at 10:40 PM.
    In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

I hope that you guys are all OK and didn't have any damage and the horses didn't get spooked!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Personally we are fine....tornado was about 10 miles from us.......

Now dealing with MORE flooding acoss the State....when is it going to END?!?!?!?

Forum Member

Personally we are fine....tornado was about 10 miles from us.......

Now dealing with MORE flooding acoss the State....when is it going to END?!?!?!?
    Its been raining here all day hard. Tornado warnings east of here!

More heavy rain tonight and into tomorrow, which by the way is in line to come you direction as well!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

55 Years & Still Rolling

Thumbs up Yeah............

Cap is right on the money........ One storm after another............
    In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Had some big ugly black clouds around here, and a bit of rain, but nothing significant..... so far. Let's keep it that way!

For those of y'all dealing with the nasty stuff.... keep yer heads down and stay safe out there!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    Had some big ugly black clouds around here, and a bit of rain, but nothing significant..... so far. Let's keep it that way!

For those of y'all dealing with the nasty stuff.... keep yer heads down and stay safe out there!
    I'll trade you. F.S. raised the fire potential to EXPLOSIVE this week.

MembersZone Subscriber

I'll trade you. F.S. raised the fire potential to EXPLOSIVE this week.
    HAHAHAAA we had that around here through the month of July. To say "drier than a popcorn f@rt would be too kind. One good sneeze would have been sufficient to start the kindling to light.

Forum Member

oh geeze...my husband uses that term! lol....time to go snuggle with the little one - have a great night all!

55 Years & Still Rolling

Thumbs up And...........

A couple of hours after my last post on this page, it suddenly became Water Rescue City around here......... We also had a House Fire that was real hard to reach, due to roads being closed due to the flooding....... I ran a call from Home, then couldn't get back due to a road washout........... Never a dull moment.
    In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

MembersZone Subscriber

A couple of hours after my last post on this page, it suddenly became Water Rescue City around here......... We also had a House Fire that was real hard to reach, due to roads being closed due to the flooding....... I ran a call from Home, then couldn't get back due to a road washout........... Never a dull moment.
    Sounds like FUN! hahahahaaa NOT! Hope all worked out for everyone concerned, as far as limited or no injury sustained, beyond the sense of loss.

MembersZone Subscriber

Exclamation

A message from our Chief of Defence Staff (JCS Chairman) and the Minister of National Defence:

English Text - French text follows

Texte anglais – Texte français suit

This message is being sent to all recipients on the DWAN and as such does not need to be forwarded to anyone on the DWAN. This mailbox is not monitored; please do not send replies to it.

Ce message est envoyé à tous les clients sur le RED et par conséquent n'a pas besoin d'être réacheminé sur le RED. SVP ne pas répondre à ce message puisque cette boîte aux lettres n'est pas surveillée. / Le texte anglais suit / English text follows

Ten years ago, a calm and clear September morning was shattered by senseless acts that took the lives of thousands of innocent men, women and children. These unprecedented and coordinated terrorist attacks, led by extremists that hold no regard for human life, targeted buildings that represent liberty and strength, freedom and prosperity. We remember the calamity and confusion on that day as well as the images of towers falling and ashen-faced citizens running for help. On that September morning, we bore witness to a loss of innocence. We will forever remember those who lost their lives in New York and Washington, including 24 Canadians who were killed, and we continue to stand with, and offer our deepest and sincere condolences to, the families, friends and loved ones of those who perished.

The terrorist attacks of September 11th, 2001 have shaped the security environment of the past decade and have necessitated that Canada, and all of you as Canadian Forces members and as members of the Defence team act to confront this threat, in concert with our allies.

In the ten years since that fateful day, Canada has taken decisive action to address the evolving threat of terrorism. The Canadian Forces committed 38,000 military members to a UN-mandated, NATO-led mission to Afghanistan, a country used as a launching pad for the terrorists who perpetuated the attacks of September 11th, 2001. Canada worked with our closest ally, the United States, to secure our continent by expanding the scope of NORAD to include maritime surveillance. This government set forth the Canada First Defence Strategy to ensure the Canadian Forces are a modern, combat-capable, flexible force, able to defend Canada and Canadian interests at home and abroad. As a result, we are better equipped and better prepared to deal with the security challenges of the 21st century.

As we remember those who lost their lives exactly ten years ago, we must also remember those who sacrificed in the years since.

You, Canada's soldiers, sailors, airmen and airwomen faced the threats that challenged the security of our nation, accepted the fears of your compatriots, marched to the front lines of one of the most dangerous places on earth and fought to defend the ideals and values that shaped Canada and made this country great. Through your efforts, our nation is more secure and our world is more stable. Canada offers you, and all who support you, our gratitude. On behalf of all Canadians, I thank you for your service, sacrifice and selflessness.

The Honourable Peter MacKay

Minister of National Defence
    =======

Il y a dix ans, un matin calme et ensoleillé de septembre a été chambardé par des actes insensés ayant coûté la vie à des milliers d’hommes, de femmes et d’enfants innocents. Ces actes de terrorisme d’une coordination sans précédent et exécutés sans égard pour la vie humaine ont détruit des édifices symbolisant la liberté, la puissance et la prospérité. Nous nous souvenons encore de la détresse et de la confusion sur les visages couverts de cendre des gens cherchant désespérément de l’aide tandis que les tours s’écroulaient. En ce matin de septembre, nous avons été témoins de la perte de l’innocence. Nous nous souviendrons toujours de ceux et celles qui ont perdu la vie à New York et à Washington, dont 24 Canadiens, et nous continuons de soutenir les proches de ceux et celles qui ont péri, et de leur offrir nos plus sincères condoléances.« Les attentats terroristes du 11 septembre 2001 ont enclenché une transformation du contexte de sécurité au cours de la dernière décennie. Dans cette perspective, le Canada, ses alliés, et vous tous, militaires des Forces canadiennes et membres de l’Équipe de la Défense ont participé à la lutte contre la menace terroriste.

Au cours des dix années qui ont suivi cette journée fatidique, le Canada a posé des gestes décisifs pour combattre le terrorisme. En effet, les Forces canadiennes ont affecté 38 000 militaires à la mission commandée par l’ONU et dirigée par l’OTAN en Afghanistan, un pays servant de refuge aux terroristes responsables des attaques du 11 septembre 2001. Notre pays et son plus proche allié, les États*Unis, ont uni leurs efforts pour protéger notre continent en élargissant la portée du mandat de NORAD en y incluant la surveillance maritime. Le gouvernement actuel a mis en place la Stratégie de défense Le Canada d’abord, qui vise à garantir la modernité, l’aptitude au combat et la polyvalence des Forces canadiennes de manière à ce qu’elles soient en mesure de défendre le territoire et les intérêts du Canada, au pays comme à l’étranger. Par conséquent, nous nous trouvons mieux équipés et fins prêts à faire face aux difficultés du 21e siècle sur le plan de la sécurité.« Alors que nous nous souvenons des gens qui ont péri il y a dix ans, nous ne devons pas oublier ceux et celles qui ont sacrifié leur vie dans les années qui ont suivi.

Vous, soldats, marins et aviateurs canadiens, hommes et femmes, avez bravé les dangers qui menaçaient la sécurité de notre nation en prenant sur vous les craintes de vos compatriotes et en marchant sur les lignes de front dans l’un des endroits les plus dangereux de la planète afin de défendre les idéaux et les valeurs qui ont fait du Canada le merveilleux pays que l’on connaît aujourd’hui. Grâce à vos efforts, notre pays est maintenant plus sûr et le monde, plus stable. Le Canada vous manifeste sa reconnaissance, à vous et à tous ceux qui vous appuient. Au nom de tous les Canadiens, je vous remercie de votre service, de votre sacrifice et de votre dévouement.

L’honorable Peter MacKay

Ministre de la Défense nationale

Forum Member

I thought I would pop in and say hi so.....

Hi !!!

Thread Information