Forum Member

Wink HDJ Grant Super Summit in Florida

KTB following recommendation for a location that was warm. March 10th, 11th & 12th in Florida. Suggested four locations. Sarasota, Orlando, Tampa & Daytona. I have no preference to location other than be close enough for us to be guests at one of his clubs. The dates are perfect.

Forum Member

Cool

Kurt, if you're taking votes... and I still qualify.. Orlando or Daytona would be my wish...

Andy

MembersZone Subscriber

I think that'd be closer than Reno for me, and can't beat warmer weather instead of worrying about getting snowed in.

Forum Member

Smile warm is cool

Anywhere that I don't have to look at snow is ok for me.

Forum Member

Catch do you not wanna make the drive to Reno again?

Forum Member

Orlando for me.....

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by RES81CUE View Post
    Catch do you not wanna make the drive to Reno again?
    Not really. I enjoyed part of the trip, but by no means all of it. Kansas, Utah, Nevada, the Texas panhandle, and Oklahoma kinda suck to drive through. At least the parts I drove through. Some foriage might be nice scenery.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    KTB following recommendation for a location that was warm. March 10th, 11th & 12th in Florida. Suggested four locations. Sarasota, Orlando, Tampa & Daytona. I have no preference to location other than be close enough for us to be guests at one of his clubs. The dates are perfect.
    Hey, any of those would suit me. As long as there wings and cold drinks. Would be nice to see the gang again. Let me know.

MembersZone Subscriber

Orlando for me.....
    I never should have said anything to the wife. "That'd be great! We could take the kids and go to Disney!"

MembersZone Subscriber

Tampa/Clearwater Beach is winning as of this point. Will let everyone know the final tally in a week or so.

Speaking of long trips, I am going out to do a workshop in Majuro, in the Marshall Islands. The flights total 43 hours 1-way and $6700 r/t in airfares. At least its Envoy Class so I can sleep! I have always wanted to dive the Japanese Zeros at the bottom of TRUK Lagoon.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

Tampa Bay would be sweet, too (Bucs fan).

You need a diving partner Kurt? LOL I'd love to do the same. Maybe even hit some of the Pacific islands my grandpa fought on in WWII. I'm the first in my family to set foot on Hawaii since he was there just after Pearl Harbor, it'd be neat to continue that someday.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Tampa/Clearwater Beach is winning as of this point. Will let everyone know the final tally in a week or so.

Speaking of long trips, I am going out to do a workshop in Majuro, in the Marshall Islands. The flights total 43 hours 1-way and $6700 r/t in airfares. At least its Envoy Class so I can sleep! I have always wanted to dive the Japanese Zeros at the bottom of TRUK Lagoon.
    I heard the price of the tickets was for a lawn chair in the belly of a cargo plane driven by a Han Solo type. 43 hours? Have fun.

Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    I heard the price of the tickets was for a lawn chair in the belly of a cargo plane driven by a Han Solo type. 43 hours? Have fun.
    I flew there from Kadena, Okinowa in the arse end of a C-130 Herc back in the early 70's hanging in the fold down canvas benches down the sides with our feet in the cargo pallets down the center. By the time we got there we were all numb and deaf & half froze to death.
    Island hopping across the Pacific in a Herc is not in the tourist guides.
    And yes: they were Navy fighter jocks up front holding the stick & throttles.

Kurt Make sure you add plenty of that Tennessee brown antiseptic to the water before drinking it! :-}

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by islandfire03 View Post
    I flew there from Kadena, Okinowa in the arse end of a C-130 Herc back in the early 70's hanging in the fold down canvas benches down the sides with our feet in the cargo pallets down the center. By the time we got there we were all numb and deaf & half froze to death.
    Island hopping across the Pacific in a Herc is not in the tourist guides.
    And yes: they were Navy fighter jocks up front holding the stick & throttles.

Kurt Make sure you add plenty of that Tennessee brown antiseptic to the water before drinking it! :-}
    Sounds like you an I were on the same flight into Kwajalien islandfire. Only on ground long enough to refuel and then on to Clark AFB. This time its for pleasure and business, I hated the reason I was there before, if you know what I mean! Already planned on the water and hopefully the conditions are a little better than Nipa huts on the beach although, in a way, that sounds pretty inviting right now.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Catch, I just got through with a couple of weeks worth of Disney and the surrounding. Didn;t even get a chance to watch Kurt do the Karoke thing this time either. My wife is now in management, and has this time/organization management thing going on so she sets up a schedule and makes sure we follow it.

Forum Member

Any word on this?

MembersZone Subscriber

Any word on this?

I am setting a venue, looks like Tampa/Clearwater Beach area here in Fla on Mar 10-12. News to follow. Stay tuned!
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

It'd be nice if we could find out how well the last one did for us before it's time to enroll in the next one.

Forum Member

Wink Ditto That!!

That would help with the justification (cost benefit) discussions!!

Forum Member

I have to echo what RES81CUE posted. My annual elections postponed and having to knock some heads together concerning how they blew the grant writing fees. It would have paid for the summit and a little more. Yayhoos. corncobb yayhoos

Forum Member

Red face I was wrong,

Kurt. call off your 10" snow curse. I take it all back. All I could think about was how did you carry out the curse in only two days. 10" 25 miles away and was predicted here. I take it all back.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    It'd be nice if we could find out how well the last one did for us before it's time to enroll in the next one.
    And wouldn't I love to be able to provide that information to everyone but, as we all know, this incessant delay in awarding these grants has hogtied me and all the students in being able to put some figures forth.

The Wolf's at the door and I might as well be painting my backside with BBQ sauce. I can see him licking his lips outside the window!
    Kurt Bradley

Thread Information