Banned

Default Where were these IDIOTS when Clinton was Boinking Monica?

I first saw this on CNN, but it disappeared quickly, thank good for FOX News

NOW Goes After David Letterman Over Affairs With Female Staffers
    NEW YORK The National Organization for Women has put David Letterman in its crosshairs.

NOW issued a strongly worded statement Tuesday night saying the late-night host created a "toxic environment" for his female employees by having sex with several young staff members over the years.

Letterman admitted to having multiple affairs last week after a CBS News producer allegedly threatened to blackmail him.

NOW President Terry O'Neill blasted the late-night funnyman, saying the affairs were classic examples of sexual harassment in the workplace.

"As 'the boss,' he is responsible for setting the tone for his entire workplace and he did that with sex," O'Neill said. "This places all employees including employees who happen to be women in an awkward, confusing and demoralizing situation."

A powerful man with a public forum like Letterman, O'Neill said, can get away with turning women into sex objects because "he can crack a few jokes and publicly apologize for his mistakes."

"It is this kind of hypocrisy that perpetuates the image of men in power preying on women, while many look the other way," O'Neill said.

NOW urged CBS to take immediate action against Letterman for his lewd behavior but so far, it has stopped short of calling on the network to drop his show.

"The National Organization for Women calls on CBS ... to take action immediately to rectify this situation," O'Neill said.

But, she added: "With just two women on CBS' board of directors, we're not holding our breath."

Also coming down hard against Letterman is celebrity lawyer Gloria Allred, a women's rights activist whose California firm specializes in sexual harassment cases. She is urging Letterman's former and current employees to take him to court....
    Yet when It was the most powerful man in the country, The President, they said it was a private matter. These people are scumbag, lowlife, unprincipled scavengers. And this is why I trust the Mainstream media NOT.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Yet when It was the most powerful man in the country, The President, they said it was a private matter. These people are scumbag, lowlife, unprincipled scavengers. And this is why I trust the Mainstream media NOT.
    This is why anyone with half of a brain can see that the twits from NOW (which does not have a huge membership, just a loud voice) are irrelevant and hypocritical - hence they are ignored by everyone but the talking heads in the media.

I am surprised they even made any noise over this at all since Dave Letterman is a liberal and they usually do not go after their own.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

... and they in NO WAY supported a female vice presidential candidate. Actually they were against her ... vehemently so even.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    I first saw this on CNN, but it disappeared quickly, thank good for FOX News

Oh, the joys of fake rhetorical outrage .

CNN has been reporting on this for two days. It is still in the entertainment section, and that's where it really belongs.

But "thank good" for Fox News, since apparently you don't think they count as mainstream news. But in the past you have also stated that Reuters and the AP did not count as mainstream news either.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

MembersZone Subscriber

This is why anyone with half of a brain can see that the twits from NOW (which does not have a huge membership, just a loud voice) are irrelevant and hypocritical
    ...and ugly.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

MembersZone Subscriber

I have good news for you ScareCrow. I know you love to quote from the vast knowledge that is Wikipedia, so for guys like you there is Conservapedia

It wouldn't be so bad if this was a parody of conservative talking points. But this thing is legit. I would think that most guys on here who are critical of President Obama can take a look at this entry and shake their heads.

I guess this thing has been around for a while, but today was the first I heard of it.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusKspn View Post
    I have good news for you ScareCrow. I know you love to quote from the vast knowledge that is Wikipedia, so for guys like you there is Conservapedia

It wouldn't be so bad if this was a parody of conservative talking points. But this thing is legit. I would think that most guys on here who are critical of President Obama can take a look at this entry and shake their heads.

I guess this thing has been around for a while, but today was the first I heard of it.
    At least they admitted he was born in HI.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    At least they admitted he was born in HI.

Allegedly
    born in HI

MembersZone Subscriber

Honestly, my biggest beef with them is their Conservative Bible Project. But to really talk about that would mean diving into religion, and we have enough of a mud slinging going on when we talk about politics.

Banned

First off, I don't use Wikipedia exclusively. Sometimes they have things right, and I use them as a quick and dirty answer. I took a look at that site. Probably won't be there again, but thanks to you, their counts are going up

Banned

Honestly, my biggest beef with them is their Conservative Bible Project. But to really talk about that would mean diving into religion, and we have enough of a mud slinging going on when we talk about politics.
    You can put them on the same credibility level as the Huffington Post.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    ...and ugly.
    Hee hee. I was trying to not make it personal, but you are right. You would think they'd want someone easy on the eyes to make their points instead of someone running for title of "Cat Lady of the Year."
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

Remembering our old friend George Carlin, who said:

"It doesn't take a lot of imagination to pi** off a feminist. All you have to do is walk into Ms. magazine or NOW headquarters and say, 'Which one of you cute little cupcakes wants to come home with me and fix me a nice meal and give me a b*** j**?'"
    I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Forum Member

Quote:
    NEW YORK The National Organization for Women has put David Letterman in its crosshairs.

NOW issued a strongly worded statement Tuesday night saying the late-night host created a "toxic environment" for his female employees by having sex with several young staff members over the years.

Letterman admitted to having multiple affairs last week after a CBS News producer allegedly threatened to blackmail him.

NOW President Terry O'Neill blasted the late-night funnyman, saying the affairs were classic examples of sexual harassment in the workplace.

I haven't seen/read every detail on this situation, so I might be off base, but I like how they automatically assume that Letterman was the "instigator" and seemingly ignore the possibility that these female staff members could've been using sex to advance their career, land a "sugar daddy" or just for the bragging rights of doing it with a celebrity.

"As 'the boss,' he is responsible for setting the tone for his entire workplace and he did that with sex," O'Neill said. "This places all employees including employees who happen to be women in an awkward, confusing and demoralizing situation."

I don't deny that the behavior (of all parties involved) probably wasn't the most appropriate for the work place, however it's also not exactly uncommon or even specifically "wrong" depending on where the activities took place.

No one on here has ever date a co-worker?

I'm not sure how this puts all employees "in an awkward, confusing and demoralizing situation". If an employee didn't know about the affairs while they were happening, then they wouldn't knowingly be affected by it. I can see some of the "awkwardness" that could result after the cat got out of the bag, but what's "confusing" about 2 people having sex and why is it "demoralizing" to the other employees? Is it because he didn't have sex with them too?

A powerful man with a public forum like Letterman, O'Neill said, can get away with turning women into sex objects because "he can crack a few jokes and publicly apologize for his mistakes."

"It is this kind of hypocrisy that perpetuates the image of men in power preying on women, while many look the other way," O'Neill said.

Again this assumes that he was the aggressor and that the women were not willing participants. Additionally, it appears that what took place wasn't "illegal" so...........

NOW urged CBS to take immediate action against Letterman for his lewd behavior but so far, it has stopped short of calling on the network to drop his show.

"The National Organization for Women calls on CBS ... to take action immediately to rectify this situation," O'Neill said.

But, she added: "With just two women on CBS' board of directors, we're not holding our breath."

Why are they so sure the behavior was "lewd"? What immediate action do they think CBS needs to take? If he's no longer have sex with his staff, wouldn't the situation already be rectified?

Also coming down hard against Letterman is celebrity lawyer Gloria Allred, a women's rights activist whose California firm specializes in sexual harassment cases. She is urging Letterman's former and current employees to take him to court....

Gee, she doesn't sound like an ambulance chasing lawyer at all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FireMedic049 View Post
    My biggest problem with the Nazi's from NOW is their double standard.

Thread Information