MembersZone Subscriber

Default Missouri Workshop

My dept will be hosting Brian Vickers (BC79er) Saturday January 30th, 2010
    8am-4pm in Eldon,MO for one of his grant workshops.

Go to Brians website for details or email me direct mmcneill@advertisnet.com

We are already preparing for the increase in calls that happens everytime he comes near our district.
    Last edited by mmcneill; 10-08-2009 at 07:50 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

What will he be going over? I have a lake house and it would be worth a winter trip if the class is going to be something I am interested in?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by giweff View Post
    What will he be going over? I have a lake house and it would be worth a winter trip if the class is going to be something I am interested in?
    Take a look here.

http://www.vickersconsultingservices.com/workshop.htm

MembersZone Subscriber

With any luck I won't be working that day, like the last time. It'd give me an excuse to come up and see you if nothing else.

Not to change directions of the thread, but how did things work out with your guy's accident? He doing OK? Get the truck taken care of?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    With any luck I won't be working that day, like the last time. It'd give me an excuse to come up and see you if nothing else.

Not to change directions of the thread, but how did things work out with your guy's accident? He doing OK? Get the truck taken care of?
    Our insurance company, MSHP and the insurance company of the other vehicle all did reconstructions of the accident. They all said that our driver could not have avoided the accident. The facts clearly showed the other vehicle had crossed the centerline before our engine topped the hill.

We made sure that he received consuling and he seems to be doing OK now. Time will tell.

As far as the engine goes ....our insurance company totaled it. Good thing we had replacement value insurance on it. KME had a custom in production that we were able to add what our other engine had without having to wait a year to start from scratch. With that we were able to take delivery of the new engine 3 weeks ago.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mmcneill View Post
    Our insurance company, MSHP and the insurance company of the other vehicle all did reconstructions of the accident. They all said that our driver could not have avoided the accident. The facts clearly showed the other vehicle had crossed the centerline before our engine topped the hill.

We made sure that he received consuling and he seems to be doing OK now. Time will tell.

As far as the engine goes ....our insurance company totaled it. Good thing we had replacement value insurance on it. KME had a custom in production that we were able to add what our other engine had without having to wait a year to start from scratch. With that we were able to take delivery of the new engine 3 weeks ago.
    Good to hear in all regards. Hope your guy ends up OK, or at least as OK as can be expected. I'm sure that can't be easy for him, but at least he should know it's not his fault. And good for you for getting him some help with dealing with it, I know a lot of chiefs that wouldn't have, or wouldn't have even thought about it.

Forum Member

That accident sounded horrific. How many inches fell before and during the game? One of the wetest I ever saw. Fans were wearing floaties.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    That accident sounded horrific. How many inches fell before and during the game? One of the wetest I ever saw. Fans were wearing floaties.
    The accident was pretty bad...We are just glad that it was not any worse than it was.

In the past 24 hours Columbia officially has had 6.75 inches of rain. Of that 3 inches fell during the game. There are reports from the area showing as much as 8 inches for the past 24 hours.

I have had 5 inches of rain at my house here at the lake.

Needless to say we are ready for the rain to stop for a while. We have places in our district that have numerous low water crossings that we can not through.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Needless to say we are ready for the rain to stop for a while. We have places in our district that have numerous low water crossings that we can not through.
    Well if you didn't have to turn off the paved road to turn off an unpaved one onto another unpaved one might not have that problem. Hope no one gets tossed by a bull back at that rodeo school (5th of 6 runs they had in 2 hours while I was there) anytime soon. I was surprised the pumper made it back there dry let alone in a downpour.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    Well if you didn't have to turn off the paved road to turn off an unpaved one onto another unpaved one might not have that problem. Hope no one gets tossed by a bull back at that rodeo school (5th of 6 runs they had in 2 hours while I was there) anytime soon. I was surprised the pumper made it back there dry let alone in a downpour.
    I think that Karma has heard you are coming back to see us.

For the folks that don't know we cover parts of 3 counties with each county dispatching us for their county. Last week when one of the counties paged us it was with 2 calls at once with another county following 30 seconds later with another one.

Warren (WJVaughn) is going to be coming to see me in a few weeks so we will see if we can get some run time for him also.
    Last edited by mmcneill; 10-09-2009 at 12:16 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

I think that Karma has heard you are coming back to see us.

For the folks that don't know we cover parts of 3 counties with each county dispatching us for their county. Last week when one of the counties paged us it was with 2 calls at once with another county following 30 seconds later with another one.

Warren (WJVaughn) is going to be coming to see me in a few weeks so we will see if we can get some run time for him also.
    Not the way to treat somebody bearing contracts

Thread Information