Forum Member

Default New show on Fox Reality: the Academy

I did a search on this and didn't find anything. New series on Fox reality later this month about Orange County Fire Academy:

http://www.foxreality.com/theacademy/#/index

Permanently Removed

Good show, lots of promise. If you want to see a preimier fire department, the OCFA is one of the best in the nation. Try to look past the helmet stigma on this board and you will see a model fire department.

Bou
    Last edited by CALFFBOU; 10-10-2009 at 11:17 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by CALFFBOU View Post
    Try to look past the helmet stigma on this board and you will see a model fire department.

Bou
    Must be another case of everyone picking on you huh. Oh wait, you were the first to bring anything up.
    Co 11
    Virginia Beach FD

Amateurs practice until they get it right; professionals practice until they cannot get it wrong. Which one are you?

'The fire went out and nobody got hurt' is a poor excuse for a fireground critique.

the 4-1-4

Quote Originally Posted by DocVBFDE14 View Post
    Must be another case of everyone picking on you huh. Oh wait, you were the first to bring anything up.

Nah, you have it all wrong. You brought up the helmets, not him.

Someone sure has a serious case of little man syndrome. It's almost comical.

Permanently Removed

Two more clowns that cant contribute to the topic at hand. Either not intelligent enough in the fire service or no knowledge of the subject.

More like two obsessed fans, needing to follow me around the board. Good thing the web team is banning people now.
    Last edited by CALFFBOU; 10-10-2009 at 06:28 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

The show looks good. It will be interesting to watch. OCFA is a great dept, they come out east often.

MembersZone Subscriber

Is that not the dept scfire was on? I haven't seen him around for awhile.

Permanently Removed

Quote Originally Posted by BryanLoader View Post
    Is that not the dept scfire was on? I haven't seen him around for awhile.
    Yes it was.

Forum Member

It sounds like the perfect chance to get some good publicity and allow the public to see alot more of what firefighters train to do.

Hopefully the producers will not screw this chance up to do this.

the 4-1-4

Two more clowns that cant contribute to the topic at hand. Either not intelligent enough in the fire service or no knowledge of the subject.

More like two obessed fans, needing to follow me around the board. Good thing the web team is banner people now.

So tell us then, is this your idea of "contributing" to a topic at hand? Is this post from a training thread your idea of "intelligence" in the fire service?

I just scanned over the 4 pages on this story. More non-progessive training and tactics from the East Coast. Just what we need.

Whatever, dude. You wonder why you catch flack from people on these boards. Your first post on this thread and your other little beauty from the grain thread really do a big number for your credibility, or lack thereof.

But you're right, we're the ones making "inflammatory" posts...blah, blah, blah.

Now, isn't it time for your cute little "stick to the topic at hand", or one of your other quirky little "retorts"; I know I can't wait for it.

As far as the show is concerned, I hope it's successful and well received, just like "First In" has been.

Permanently Removed

The only reason I catch flack on these board is because sensitive sallys like you get their feelings hurt, get mad and follow me around the board in an effort to make me look bad.

Thanks for proving my point.

the 4-1-4

The only reason I catch flack on these board is because sensitive sallys like you get their feelings hurt, get mad and follow me around the board in an effort to make me look bad.
    You catch flak because you have a chip on your shoulder and are easy to get to. You **** and moan about dissenting opinions, yet do the exact thing you cry about when people give you a hard time, the epitome of a hypocrite.
    The fact is you make yourself look bad, no one else does that for you.

I actually find it hilarious that you think Illinois is part of your hated "east coast".
    Check that, it's actually kind of sad.
    Take a good hard look at some of the stuff you post, and then try and tell yourself that you aren't stirring the pot, or that you aren't just a wee bit sensitive. Very funny.

What point would that be? The point that you're nothing but a little whiner who likes to pretend the whole forum world is out to get you?
    You're the one with over 6,000 posts, it seems to be that you would be in a lot of threads.

Again, whatever. Please, stick to the topic at hand, or don't post. (How did that sound?)

Forum Member

Your like a sickening high school sally who just talks and talks and talks. STFU already. I am actually embarassed for you. Freaking 6,000 posts on here. You do know that there is a world out there? Theres some fun things in life to do besides sitting on this forum all day. Theres beer, women and when you mix the two together even a poor slug like yourself can get lucky.

Forum Member

Good show, lots of promise. If you want to see a preimier fire department, the OCFA is one of the best in the nation. Try to look past the helmet stigma on this board and you will see a model fire department.

Bou
    Of course they are a preimer dept, they are from California aren't they?

I'd love to have tv cameras see some of the academies where "desired" candidates are pushed through.

on a serious note, whats the deal with the big pockets on the right chest. It seems to be a west coast thing to have that bulbous pocket there.
    Last edited by nameless; 10-10-2009 at 05:55 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Being called a "clown" by you, is the epitome of being at the complete other end of the spectrum possible

Good thing the web team is banner people now.
    Banner? Going to go Hulk on us. Oh boy, we better look out now...oh by the way....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Co 11
    Virginia Beach FD

Amateurs practice until they get it right; professionals practice until they cannot get it wrong. Which one are you?

'The fire went out and nobody got hurt' is a poor excuse for a fireground critique.

Permanently Removed

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    on a serious note, whats the deal with the big pockets on the right chest. It seems to be a west coast thing to have that bulbous pocket there.
    The big pocket on the right side is to hold the SCBA mask.

Forum Member

The big pocket on the right side is to hold the SCBA mask.
    oh. Not sure if I'd like having that there, but its a nice way to keep the face piece protected while doing outside work or doing other dirty work.

Thread Information