Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Portal upgrade

Forum Member

Question Portal upgrade

System Upgrade
    The system is currently being upgraded. The upgrade should be complete on Sunday the 11th of October, 2009 at 11:59pm Eastern Time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Hopefully this is the begining of some "upgrades" for 2009 AFG

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by shinds View Post
    System Upgrade
    The system is currently being upgraded. The upgrade should be complete on Sunday the 11th of October, 2009 at 11:59pm Eastern Time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Hopefully this is the begining of some "upgrades" for 2009 AFG
    Could be but it's mostly related to the closeout report upgrade, they're moving to the SF-425 form online equivalent. Closeouts and progress reports will now be due every 6 months based on the calendar year so Jan 1st and July 1st. Even if you get awarded the day before you'll need to fill it out, but there won't be any waiting until the 11th month for the final. If you're done before one of those dates comes around you can get the whole thing out of the way.

Forum Member

Well I see the portal is now up and running again. And the Steelers put another "W" in the books

Forum Member

"Well I see the portal is now up and running again. And the Steelers put another "W" in the books"
    Yea, but look who they were playing, can you really call that a win?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    Could be but it's mostly related to the closeout report upgrade, they're moving to the SF-425 form online equivalent. Closeouts and progress reports will now be due every 6 months based on the calendar year so Jan 1st and July 1st. Even if you get awarded the day before you'll need to fill it out, but there won't be any waiting until the 11th month for the final. If you're done before one of those dates comes around you can get the whole thing out of the way.
    So will there be any 'visible' changes or will it just be one of those changes where we wouldn't have known it if we hadn't been told about it?

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    So will there be any 'visible' changes or will it just be one of those changes where we wouldn't have known it if we hadn't been told about it?
    Will be a different look, and I'm sure there will be new Help links all over it.

Forum Member

Default closeout not showing

In the action portal, I'm not seeing the closeout section. It was there before when I was filling out my requested info before the software upgrade shut it down. In fact it appears exactly like it did before the closeout appeared. I take it that it will appear shortly as I almost had the closeout finished.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    In the action portal, I'm not seeing the closeout section. It was there before when I was filling out my requested info before the software upgrade shut it down. In fact it appears exactly like it did before the closeout appeared. I take it that it will appear shortly as I almost had the closeout finished.
    That's because the whole closeout section is down until next month to finish the changeover. Everything that wasn't submitted will probably need to be redone the new way. Ones that were submitted and then reopened for corrections will probably stay the old way to avoid a lot of rework on both sides of the fence.

Forum Member

Was logged on to the portal, and when I went back to the main screen after checking what we all check, it showed an error, and now I am unable to log back in.... maybe a sign? We could only hope!!

Forum Member

No Response from Application Web Server
    There was no response from the application web server for the page you requested.
    Please notify the site's webmaster and try your request again later.

This is what appears when trying to login

Forum Member

Angry

Oh well, looks like a false alarm, everything back up and running, with no changes for me

Forum Member

Red face closeout notification

I sent a message to the helpdesk asking when the closeout portal would appear, (just to make sure I wasn't the only one not able to get in) and they replied they would send an email.

I'm not gonna hold my breath on any email. I'll keep checking here so if anyone does get in, please say so here in a new thread.

thanking you in advance

Thread Information