Forum Member

Exclamation OZ Firefighter looking for exchange to USA

Hi,

I'm a firefighter from the Metropolitan Fire Brigade (MFB) in Melbourne Australia. I've recently been selected and approved to participate in an international exchange so now must endeavour to search for a suitable firefighter to exchange with. Would prefer BC Canada, California, Florida or NY state but will definitely consider all options.

The MFB is a fully professional fire service with approx 1600 firefighters serving Melbourne through 47 stations. We are responsible for fire suppression, EMR, rescue (water, road, industrial, USAR, high angle etc) and hazmat over an area of 1000 sq/km.

The exchange is for a 12 month period which commencing at a date suitable for both parties. To read more details regarding the exchange cut and paste this link:
    http://www.mfb.vic.gov.au/Recruitmen...llowship-.html

or contact myself and I can forward it on.

If you would like to participate in an exchange contact me and we can discuss details further. Look forward to hearing from you.

Stay safe.

Cheers
    Adrian

Forum Member

Unfortunately I am being laid off so no luck here. However, I was wondering if your more rural fire services hired from outside the country during your fire season?

Forum Member

Default Oz summer fire crews

Hi mate,

Yes, we do have summer fire crews. The DSE (Dept Sustainability and Environment) take them on. These crews are located throughout the state (Victoria) in the national parks. There is FAST crews (access by vehicle/ foot), Hover exit and rappell crews (choppers). It is awesome work (physically demanding) and you get to see some great sights which 'normal' people haven't got east access too.

I've got a mate in the training dept and could ask what the requirements are to apply.

Thread Information