Thread: Boca Raton

Forum Member

Default Boca Raton

Any1 here currently work for them?? I wonder how many ppl they are going to hire.. any1 else think this app is a little....to much???

Forum Member

Their app is nothing compared to the Town of Palm Beach or Hollywood.
    If your going to cry about doing the job you signed up for do us all a favor and quit, there are plenty of dedicated people standing in line for the best job in the world.

Firefighter/Paramedic

MembersZone Subscriber

its quite hefty. What are you guys putting for the fields that dont apply to you? like i'm single never been married/divorced so should i just put N/A in all the fields?

Forum Member

yea its definitely not compared to hollywood. its just a whole lotta crap that needs to be filled out...ive put N/A on everything that doesnt apply...

80 dollars for the CPAT and if u wish to do a practice its another 80! i dont think thats right but w/e

Forum Member

Tip of the day: unless instructed to leave fields that don't apply to you blank, put N/A instead.

Ok so tip of the day 2, 3 and 4, when ever possible TYPE your application and ALWAYS make multiple copies of the app before filling it out if you can do so. I know some apps are in a "booklet" form so fill it out on a blank paper, have someone read it over and then fill in the app. Sometimes apps can be scanned and filled out on the computer, if you can do this then DO IT, because most people will not.

That is my community service for the week, good luck.
    If your going to cry about doing the job you signed up for do us all a favor and quit, there are plenty of dedicated people standing in line for the best job in the world.

Firefighter/Paramedic

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Firemedic 61 View Post
    Tip of the day: unless instructed to leave fields that don't apply to you blank, put N/A instead.

Ok so tip of the day 2, 3 and 4, when ever possible TYPE your application and ALWAYS make multiple copies of the app before filling it out if you can do so. I know some apps are in a "booklet" form so fill it out on a blank paper, have someone read it over and then fill in the app. Sometimes apps can be scanned and filled out on the computer, if you can do this then DO IT, because most people will not.

That is my community service for the week, good luck.
    Always wondered about that. I generally would prefer to type all my apps, but didn't know if any hiring agency would perceive the fact that I scanned in and typed my app as being too showy or snooty or something.. Thanks for the tip.. I will most certainly do this in the future!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireMedicFndz View Post
    80 dollars for the CPAT and if u wish to do a practice its another 80! i dont think thats right but w/e
    One; you shouldn't have to practice a CPAT. Its basic firefighter abilities and good cardio. It weeds out the slugs, and yet they still pass.

Two; $80 for the best job in the world isn't anything.

Three; the boys at the station don't like people who complain, so why do it here?

Forum Member

I guess I shouldve explained a little better. I'm just stating th fact that they're charging 80 dollars for a practice cpat and for the official cpat. I for one don't need the practice. If it sounds like I'm complaining I dunno what to tell you...

Thread Information