Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Just an update, the city approved the Chief's request to hire up to 18 recruit firefighters. With an anticipated recruit class in February of next year.
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Forum Member

Thanks for the update.... Any idea how many they would typically interview for this amount of potential hires?

from experience, the chief loves to 3 and 1, so I would bet he will interview 3 times the number needed.
    But be warned, he did pass over veterans and those with way better scores to hire diversity. Sorry to say, we are in an age of quota over quality. In my opinion.
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason

Forum Member

Yeah that is a shame, but since he was given that power there is nothing that can be done about it now. Just smile and put your best foot forward.....

That is the best and only attitude to have, fazer. Despite politicians and their willing department heads desire to turn the fire department into a job corps, some of the best still seem to get hired.
    George Mason

Forum Member

Thanks and I can only hope that I will get that opportunity. I will be done with Medic in summer, so I got that to look forward to helping me out.....

Forum Member

Letters are in the mail. I was lucky to receive one, states that 101 names are on a list, for a hiring list of 8 to 18 people. Asking for simple info, work history, education and credit report.

Best Wishes to all.

Forum Member

Huh nothing yet in my mailbox.... What was your ranking medicpaul?

Forum Member

95 with points. Points help alot.

Forum Member

So what was your total after points?

MembersZone Subscriber

Has anyone else received a letter?

Forum Member

Nope, I haven't received anything.....

Forum Member

Hey guys I'm new here, just graduated High School this past June and turned 18 in August. This was my first time testing with St. Paul Fire and landed at #597 on this list with a total of score of 90. On a list of over 2,300 guys I don't think that's too bad considering my age and all.
    Now I plan on joining the Army as a 68W - Combat Medic for 4 years. Hope to get out with my 5 veterans points and my NREMT-Paramedic, moving back to St. Paul and getting 5 residency points. Hopefully with my 10 bonus points and Medic I'll get hired next time around or sometime after! St. Paul Fire is my dream, goal and passion and has been since birth.

Congratulations to the guys at the top of the list, best of luck to everyone, keep us updated on the process!

Thanks,
    John

John, that is exactly the attitude to have!! Good Luck!
    George Mason

Forum Member

So it sounds like all the letters have gone and should have been received by now. Not sure how some got letters and others didn't. I personnally know of two people that were in the 97.5 band that got them. According to HR quite a few protected classes got letters. Just a little disappointed and can't quite figure out how some got letters and others didn't. Good luck to all who got them this round.

Forum Member

Thumbs down

Politics. Hire a lawyer.

Forum Member

Ahhh I'm not going to fret about it, I was just venting a little. Mostly because I don't understand the process. I just have to wait for the next letters and hope I get a chance then.

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm pretty bummed too about not receiving a letter. 100% without any extra points got my hopes a little high I guess...good thing the list is good for at least the next couple years I just wanna get out of Arizona! Haha well when I called HR I asked when the next round of letters could be expected and the lady said as early as spring but probably sometime during the fall and those are all based on attrition. Good luck to all those in the current process let us know how you fare...

Keep a positive attitude. This is a good hire list to be on. Both the class of 80 and 84 where large and they are all getting close to retirement.
    George Mason

Forum Member

Has anyone got a interview letter? Any ideal how many will be interviewed?

Thread Information