Forum Member

how did 88 letters go out and it only reached the 105 band there is only 18 people in that band so i dont really understand

Forum Member

that doesn't sound right mnfazer. is this info posted somewhere?

Truckie

Oh they are well below the 105 and even the 102.5, but unless you are "protected class", you are SOL....
    But fortunately for us, we will continue to get many without any mechanical aptitude or physical skill....
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Forum Member

whats "protected class" is there any chance a regular joe in the 97.5 will get a letter?

Truckie

EFD102: if history plays out, yes. If memory serves, the last couple of lists, they made it to 92.5. So despite the city, read "human resources" BS, we still manage to get great hires. So don't get discouraged....
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason

Forum Member

The 88 letters was confirmed by Terry (Fire HR) however their were only 8 new letters plus the ones sent last time. Liz (city HR) was the one who told me they were in the 105 band but that could be a bunch of BS.

Hey Rum, at least with the protected class individuals failing out of the academy you will have a well stocked Prevention division!!

Forum Member

Ok i have a few questions....anyone can jump in

Does this mean that the 80 candidates that received letters both times will go through another interview? What about the ten or so that dropped from the academy?

How long will this list be good for? Will I even get an interview at 102.5?

Finally how many "protected class" positions does St. Paul need to fill? Is there some kind of a quota?

Thanks fellas

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cpldunlap View Post
    Ok i have a few questions....anyone can jump in

Does this mean that the 80 candidates that received letters both times will go through another interview? What about the ten or so that dropped from the academy? Not sure about these questions

How long will this list be good for? Will I even get an interview at 102.5? Typically the lists have been extended to about 5 years so you should get a letter/interview at some point

Finally how many "protected class" positions does St. Paul need to fill? Is there some kind of a quota? Don't think there is really a so called quota

Thanks fellas
    This is how I understand they send letters. For every one hire requested they send two additional letters plus anyone tied in that band. Once these letters are established they send an equal amount to protected class people anywhere on the list.....

Forum Member

Thanks. It's quite the process isn't it. Trying not to get my hopes up every time they send out letters but it's impossible. I'm sure most of you are in the same boat.

Forum Member

Yeah it is a tough process to just sit around and wait for when you know the kind of people they are bringing into the academy... Have you started Medic school yet?

Forum Member

Yeah. I graduate from Century this November. can't wait

Forum Member

Yeah I am done in September!! Hopefully that will give us a little edge in the hiring, they are down medics right now....

Forum Member

Yeah if we ever get an interview. Where you at on the list?

Forum Member

I am in the 100 band.... We can just really hope they farm the list for some medics....

Forum Member

Hey FYI for anyone who is interested. There is a FFT1 and HAZMAT class put on by St. Paul FD and Hennepin Tech thats posted on St. Paul's website. You can register now.

Truckie

Hey Rum, at least with the protected class individuals failing out of the academy you will have a well stocked Prevention division!!
    LMAO!!! So very true!
    George Mason

Forum Member

Just wondering if anyone who posts here got a conditional offer yet? Good Luck!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mnfazer21 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone who posts here got a conditional offer yet? Good Luck!
    What's up with you fazer since you seem to be trash talking the previous hires.

Forum Member

Calm down...... I'm not trashing previous hires, I am trashing the quota hiring SPFD is doing.....

Truckie

Yes they do have bull**** quota system. It's work fairly decent as far as those types of systems go, considering they are a fail to begin with. But this admin has taken it to a new low. When you start passing up 10 point vets with 100%+ overall score, there is a problem.
    So how about you frozennorth, how did you do? You on the list? Hoping for a reach down? Didn't quit cut it?
    George Mason

Forum Member

Just a guy who's busted his ***. Can't really complain about much, hope the fellow vets make it. I do get tired of reading about the kids in the military forum who want to join up just for the points. I've been to the sand box. Hope to become an outstanding rum someday too.

Truckie

Quote Originally Posted by frozennorth View Post
    Just a guy who's busted his ***. Can't really complain about much, hope the fellow vets make it. I do get tired of reading about the kids in the military forum who want to join up just for the points. I've been to the sand box. Hope to become an outstanding rum someday too.
    That is the attitude that makes it makes it to the top of the list, despite admin or HR. I wish I could tell you all make it their own merit and hard work, but I would be lying. That being said, having worked with this last hire group, I will say the training Chief is allowing the instructors to work them to a level needed to garner respect. Those that didn't cut it, got cut.
    George Mason

Forum Member

Just posting to see if anybody has any updates.... Anybody here in the current academy class? Good luck!

Forum Member

Just got an update from a buddy of mine, letters for the next class went out late last week.... Not sure how far they got down in the "regular" hiring bands...

Forum Member

Not sure how true that is, I have spoke to at least 7 guys currently on Saint Paul Fire and they have all said that the earliest class will be starting in March of 2012... And that letters do not go out until December.

Thread Information