Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
    Forum Member

Did anyone get an interview? Any idea when those results may come out? It's getting close. Good luck to all

Forum Member

I had my interview last week, but haven't heard anything back yet. They said it would probably be in the middle of the month when they would have a decision.

Forum Member

Hey FireGuy, so how did the interview go? What kind of format did they use? Congrats on making it this far. What was your list number?

Forum Member

Thanks for the congrats. They made us sign a confidentiality agreement about the interview and we cant discuss it. I cant remember my rank, but I had a 100 on both tests with points

Forum Member

So your overall score was 100, 105, 110? That makes sense with the agreement. Any idea how many they interviewed?

Forum Member

110 with everything. I am not sure i keep hearing different rumors about how many people I have heard anywhere from 60-80. I am curious to get the decision and know how i did

Forum Member

Well keep us in the loop when you find out. Good luck!

Forum Member

Mnfazer didn't you get a letter for if you had your emt? I thought they interviewed everyone that got the letter?

Forum Member

I did not get a letter. Rub it in why don't ya (just kidding). I am ranked at number 52 but I was passed over this time. Hopefully next letters that go out I will be fortunate enough, plus I will done with my medic at that time... Good luck to you FF25...

Forum Member

My bad mnfazer I thought reading the past posts you said you were 1 of the 101 to get a letter I did not mean to rub anything in. Getting your medic should for sure get you on st. Paul or some other career dept. Good luck buddy and keep working hard!

Forum Member

I was just giving you crap, you weren't rubbing anything in. Good luck to yourself and let me know if you get an offer.

Forum Member

Good luck to all you guys at the top receiving letters and getting interviews! Hope to be in your shoes in about 4-5 years! Keep us updated on how everything goes, when the academy starts etc.

John

MembersZone Subscriber

So does anyone know if there will be any 17c classes during the life of this list and if so do they take people currently ranked off the list or do a seperate hiring? Thanks in advance...

Forum Member

I have heard there probably won't be any 17C hires this time..... However take that with a grain of salt like everything else we hear. If I hear differently I will be sure to let you know. Do you currently have your medic?

Forum Member

This might be a dumb question, but what is 17C class or hiring?

Forum Member

17C is a provision the city can use to hire a specific need to a department. The FD used it in the last hiring period to hire individuals who were paramedic certified. Some of the hires were on the list while several others were not.

Forum Member

Good to know, I have never heard that term before. Thanks for explaining it!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mnfazer21 View Post
    I have heard there probably won't be any 17C hires this time..... However take that with a grain of salt like everything else we hear. If I hear differently I will be sure to let you know. Do you currently have your medic?

Thanks for the response...to answer your question no I do not have my medic right now. Couldn't take the class here in tucson this last time around due to testing with st paul. What type of paramedic programs are offered in the twin city area? How long is the program, how much, etc.? My family has been in Lakeville since July and I may be leaving my fire department here in Tucson to be out there with the family. Just trying to find out some info about medic programs. Also does anyone know if the is a bridge program to go from paramedic to RN in MN? Thinking about taking that path if this stuff with st paul doesn't work out.

Forum Member

There are a few medic programs in the area. Most are at least 12 months in length. Inver Hills has a 9 month day program. Minnesota does not have a brdige program from Medic to RN. Most of the medic programs start with each school year except HCMC which starts in June. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Forum Member

Well just to update everyone....offer letters went out this week. I was ranked #3 and didn't get an offer....so those of you who were in the top 100 and didn't get an interview don't feel too bummed, this feels worse. They're hiring 11 people for this first round. Good luck to everyone.

Thread Information