Forum Member

Forum Member

anyone hear anything from the 17c yet they said they would get back to us early jan. just getting anxious to hear from them since its been a while!!!

Forum Member

They started job verification last week. You could ask your hr if anyone called about verification....

Forum Member

anyone heard how many they are looking for this time I did not make it this spring and hoping this fall with bring better luck!

Forum Member

can anyone tell me some more about 17c?
    Last edited by dromm007; 05-28-2014 at 02:50 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dromm007 View Post
    can anyone tell me some more about 17c? what are the requirements, what is the process, is there an academy and how does it compare to the regular list academy? i know its a transfer list, so does MN Pera transfer too?
    please include how you know about it, just don't want some random answer from some person whose friends brother's friend told them
    You must currently be working as a career fulltime firefighter and also possess your Paramedic license. The application period will open up again in October or so and you need to apply. You will have a physical agility test and interview then you will be ranked. Roughly 3 weeks after that process is done you will be contacted on whether you will be offered a position or not. The academy is the same as the open list which is 13 weeks. It is a blended academy with both transfers and open list candidates. Yes if you are currently in PERA, you will continue contributing to that.

Forum Member

Anyone still visiting? Don't give up on the 2010 list, I heard letters went out regarding a hiring off that list for a March 2014 class.

Hold off on creating the 2014 SPFD thread just yet...

Forum Member

Received a letter today, to send in and verify my EMT cert. Who all got these letters? the whole list or only some towards the top? how many where sent out? any info would be great!

Forum Member

anyone still visiting this thread?

Forum Member

I'm in the same boat as you. Sent it in, so I guess we 'll see.

Forum Member

Default Firefighter

The St Paul website says SPFD is accepting applications again in May. Anyone hear anything about classes from the new list?

Forum Member

Greetings,

My name is Bill Hicks and I am in my 18th year in the fire service, and currently serve as a fire chief. I am also a doctoral candidate at Eastern Kentucky University and my dissertation topic involves investigating the current status of firefighter reciprocity among the 50 states. I am seeking members of the fire service who may have experience in moving from state to state and seeking reciprocity, or recognition of certification issued by your old state, in a new state. Also, if you came from the military and sought reciprocity for DOD certificates, I would like to hear from you as well. If you have not experienced this, please forward the link below to anyone who you may know that has done this.

For those that have such experiences, I am humbly asking you to give 5 minutes of your time to answer a short series of question found at the link below on your experiences with seeking reciprocity, or recognition when you moved from one state to another, regardless of being paid or volunteer members in your department.

Also at the end of the survey you will have a space to share any experiences you may have had when dealing with reciprocity of fire service certifications in your department and with your state. Also feel free to forward this to any fire service member(s) who you feel would have something to say on the topic.

Your anonymity is protected throughout the process. Just click or copy the link below to begin.

https://ekussem.co1.qualtrics.com/SE...Z1aVMb9w1QhYtD

Also, if you would like to share your experiences with me in more depth after taking part in the survey, please leave your email in the beginning of the comments section at the end of the survey.

Forum Member

Rumor is they are doing one more class from the 2010 list before the year ends.

Anyone taking the test 7/15? Good luck!

Forum Member

They are giving the firefighter test on July 15 ? I did not see anything on the St. Louis fire dept website regarding the test.

Thread Information