+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 First ... 2345678 ... Last
    MembersZone Subscriber

We are into week 3, anyone get a letter yet with their test score?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JCCFD41 View Post
    Nothing. I keep pulling out Victoria Secret catalogs from the mailbox. Never thought I'd be disappointed to see them.

Forum Member

Nothing here either..

MembersZone Subscriber

Haven't seen anyrhing

Forum Member

Of all the guys I know taking the test nobody has seen a letter. According to their website they were supposed to be in our mailboxes within 4 weeks, and next Monday will be 4 weeks.

MembersZone Subscriber

Exclamation

Checked the mail today and still nothing, so curiosity was killing me and I called HR. They said the letters will be sent out tomorrow or the next day...

So be looking out!!!

Forum Member

From the city's page:

**Scores will be mailed to candidates the week of April 5th. Please be patient, we will send the information as soon as possible.**

Anyone know where to find the Medical Req's for St. Paul?

Firehouse.com Editor

The results are out! They arrived today for several people in the immediate Twin Cities.

Forum Member

I got a 95%. For as easy (or at least I thought) as that test was...I fear that may be a little low.

Forum Member

Nice work, I'd be happy with 95%. I got 90%, and I put time into studying for the thing. I'm happy I made it to the next test, but a little disappointed. I wanted 95% or higher. I hope the other users here are moving on, good luck.

Forum Member

I'm happy with it...but I'd be more happy with a 100%! I just need to be thankful I made it to the next round. It was one of those tests though where I walked away thinking it was easy, but at the same time was worried it would bite me in the ***. I don't know, to me it seems like they dumbed it down quite a bit from the last one. Going to really have to ramp up the phsyical training. That test is going to be the hard one. Good luck all!

Forum Member

I ended up with a 90 as well. Don't know if it will be enough to get in, unfortunately. Congrats, on the 95, you should have a pretty decent shot if you do well on the physical..

Forum Member

I also received a 90 on my test. I do have a quick question though. I am currently active duty in Camp Lejeune, NC and will be deploying in January 2011. I'm deployed for one year and I get out of the Corp in Feb. 2012. Will they be willing to give me the chance to get my certification if I were selected? The reason I ask because we are constantly training and I would not be able to complete my EMT certification until after I'm out of the Marine Corps.

Forum Member

I got an 85 on the written. Not as good a score as I was hoping for, but can't complain, at least I passed and am moving on with the process.
    I have no idea how an 85 will play out in the rest of the process. It's hard to tell, you just never know how many guys are ahead of you with 90's, 95's, etc. Just have to work towards getting 100% on the Physical and see where I fall on the list!
    Hopefully the list will stay good for quite some time, it has to be good for at least 2 years minimum.

Forum Member

I got a 100. Unfortunately I am not a city resident or a vet, and I believe to be truly competitive you need to have one and/or the other. We'll see if a non military vet from the suburbs can be competitive.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grufm003 View Post
    I got a 100. Unfortunately I am not a city resident or a vet, and I believe to be truly competitive you need to have one and/or the other. We'll see if a non military vet from the suburbs can be competitive.
    Wow! Good on ya. That is an impressive score, especially since the majority of the test was psych type questions. If you get a 100 on the PT, I imagine you will be close to the top. Best of luck. I do have Vet's so I'm hoping that helps out. If you are a resident and have Vets points though, that will for sure boost those guys up.

Forum Member

Yeah 100 here too, also with no additional points.. Here is the latest info:

Written Test Band Number of Applicants
    100 101
    95 185
    90 337
    85 420
    80 403
    failed 501

Forum Member

Not to take anything away from the guys who got a 100, but like I said, I think they made this test pretty easy. Having 100 people get a "perfect" on a written test is pretty crazy. Congrats to those guys.

Forum Member

Especially when nobody was able to get a 100 the last time St. Paul tested

Forum Member

semi-bump

I'm curious to see what MNtruckie and SPFDRUM among other SPFD guys have to say about 100 people getting a "perfect" on the test. Again, not knocking anybody's score, but with that many number of people getting a perfect and passing score, SPFD is going to be pretty busy with physicals and rankings over the next few months.

Forum Member

I agree IA. What is the next "tie-breaker". Is it certs, degree, experience, Physical time???

Forum Member

Previous posters stated they were interviewed. I'm assuming that's a part of Phase 1, the background check. That sounds like tie-breaker #1 to me.

Forum Member

Interviews will be the tie-breaker I would assume. Since there is no previous experience required (they train you their way), certs, degrees, and experience mean nothing. It will probably come down to interviews and backgrounds like kaiser said.

Forum Member

In my opinion, and this may come across as quite harsh but its the attitude im taking is that if you dont have resident or military points and have not scored 100 or at the very least 95 then dont waste your time with the physical test. I can not see SPFD employing more than 50-70 firefighters off the eligability list that they will draw up after all the testing is finished and considering that over 100 scored perfect and a whole lot more got 95 i think it is safe to assume that the people offered a job will come from this bunch. the cut backs that the city will face over the next few years i think will mean very few will be employed from this new list, look at Minneapolis police department, they recently cancelled a police academy and also layed off fully trained recruits due to lack of funding and this could well be the same in all public services. The guys who did score perfect i am thinking that atleast 80 of them will get a perfect score in the physical test aswell and if they dont then shame on them for doing so well and not getting another 100 for lack of training, then a whole lot more from the 95 group will get 100 in the physical as well. If you do have the extra points then i think this puts you head and shoulders above the rest but due to the large amount of high scorers i think you still need to be in the 95 or above group. The only exception would be if you are a female or in an ethnic group that they are trying to recruit to increase numbers to reflect the community that SPFD serves, this is not racist or sexist it is just giving the community what it needs.
    Good luck to all

Forum Member

That's the easy way out, quit. Not that my opinion matters, but I wouldn't recommend anyone quitting. Take the test, no matter what your score is, and show the department you want to get on. You never know what is going to happen.

Also, the Minneapolis police did lay off 25 officers in that '09 academy referred to above. A federal grant allowed them to re-hire 15 of them back.
    Last edited by kaiser10; 04-16-2010 at 09:37 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 First ... 2345678 ... Last

Thread Information