Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
    Forum Member

Have you received your letter yet? Will the letter further breakdown where exactly you fall on the list??

Forum Member

Question Spfd 17

What are the chances at 111? Do you have any more information on how many are going to be hired?

Forum Member

Needless to say, I am pretty f-ing pumped. I'm #1 with 4 other people. I was pretty nervous when the letter came, I had no idea I would be that high, I thought for sure in the 20-40 range. I'm pretty lucky, blessed, and thankful considering how many people applied/tested. By no means does this mean I have the job, but I am glad my hard work paid off. Now I just need to nail the interview, get an offer, and do well in the academy (the hard part). Good luck guys. For those who didn't do as well, all I can say is keep trying. I've tested at 12 different places and this is my first time at the top. Apply every where and keep working hard. Duluth, Roch, South Metro, Minneapolis, all will be testing soon I bet, so there are plenty of options out there.

Forum Member

So has anybody heard about anything further in the process?

Forum Member

All I've gotten was the letter. I think it's just a waiting game now.

Forum Member

They changed the list for some of the vets. Check the website. Anyone heard how many they're looking to hire? I've heard rumors but that's all they are is rumors
    Last edited by cpldunlap; 07-28-2010 at 05:50 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cpldunlap View Post
    They changed the list for some of the vets. Check the website. Anyone heard how many they're looking to hire? I've heard rumors but that's all they are is rumors

I heard 70, but haven't read or heard anything official from the city. I bet we don't ever know until they refresh the 2010 list. Like you said, rumors.

Forum Member

Yeah nothing but rumors here, I think a lot has to do with potential retirements. Hey Cpldunlap what is your overal ranking??

Forum Member

This is a great list to be on! There are going to be 2 HUGE classes that are going to be retiring within the next 2-3 years that will open up a lot of spots. Also, a good number of guys are promoting to Captain and FEO (driver) that will also open some spots on the department.
    I personally will not be getting hired off this list, ended up landing #385 on the list. But hey its my first time through the process. I plan on enlisting for 4 years in the military, come back and move to St. Paul, get my 5 vets and 5 residency and getting a dang near sure shot of getting hired next time around!

Good luck to all!
    Last edited by FF173; 07-29-2010 at 11:43 AM.

Forum Member

I heard the same things as far as a lot of potential retirements and promotions, I have 100 total and I am attending Medic School hoping that will be enough to have the privilage to work for SPFD.... We'll see.

Forum Member

I'm tied at 27th. I think it's like 102.5 or something like that. Vet with disability points really helped out. U?

Forum Member

Default Medic

Quote Originally Posted by mnfazer21 View Post
    I heard the same things as far as a lot of potential retirements and promotions, I have 100 total and I am attending Medic School hoping that will be enough to have the privilage to work for SPFD.... We'll see.
    Where you going to medic school? I start @ Century this fall.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cpldunlap View Post
    Where you going to medic school? I start @ Century this fall.
    If your 27th on the list I wouldn't be thinking about Medic school at Century this fall! If you pass the psych, interview etc. (which if you're are not a complete moron you shouldn't have a problem with) you should be planning on being in the first if not the second Academy class! St. Paul usually does an 1-2 academy classes per year of about 15-25 guys each class FYI!
    Congrats on your score!

Forum Member

I am going thru ETA which is an affiliation of Ringdahl EMS. It is every Wednesday online then one weekend a month I go to the campus for skills, all the while doing clinicals here in the cities.... Oh and I am tied at 52nd.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FF173 View Post
    If your 27th on the list I wouldn't be thinking about Medic school at Century this fall! If you pass the psych, interview etc. (which if you're are not a complete moron you shouldn't have a problem with) you should be planning on being in the first if not the second Academy class! St. Paul usually does an 1-2 academy classes per year of about 15-25 guys each class FYI!
    Congrats on your score!
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I gotta have a back up plan if I don't get in. There is still a lot of competition. Plus I get the GI Bill for going to school so it makes sense for now.

Forum Member

Has anyone gotten any interview calls yet? Any idea when those might happen?

Forum Member

Nope nothing yet here. I have heard interviews may be somewhere at the end of this month or beginning of September. What is your rank number Morgie?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mnfazer21 View Post
    Nope nothing yet here. I have heard interviews may be somewhere at the end of this month or beginning of September. What is your rank number Morgie?
    Hey brother I'm right there with ya with 100 congrats. So how reliable is your source with what you were told about the timeline for interviews? Do you think well have a shot at those interviews too? Just wondering because I'm out of state in AZ trying to figure out days off and annual leave from work. Thanks for any response bro.

Forum Member

Congrats and good luck to you. My source is usually pretty accurate, and was positive the interviews would be end of month or beginning of next. Not sure on the amount though, it all depends on how many the FD need. They interview 2x the number of FF's needed plus ties.... So it could reach down to us, just not sure.

Forum Member

helooooooo
    Last edited by morgie; 12-08-2011 at 07:36 PM.

Thread Information