Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
    Forum Member

FYI the list is updated. Not much change though. Anyone got any letters or gossip about when this thing will get started?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cpldunlap View Post
    FYI the list is updated. Not much change though. Anyone got any letters or gossip about when this thing will get started?
    Just curious cpldunlap, if you don't mind me asking, where did you fall on the list?

Forum Member

Haven't heard anything here yet. My thought is after Labor day. Some requirements had a deadline of Aug 31 (today) so my guess is they're waiting to give everyone a chance to get those things taken care of.

Forum Member

That would make sense if they just changed the list again. I hope your right.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FF173 View Post
    Just curious cpldunlap, if you don't mind me asking, where did you fall on the list?
    Tied at 27th

Forum Member

Tied at 27th
    Wow congrats! As long as you pass everything else you'll definitely be getting hired! Are you a vet with residency?

Forum Member

Yes....helped out quite a bit.

Forum Member

Yes....helped out quite a bit.
    Yeah, vets and residency points will help me out in about 4-5 years when i test with St. Paul again! Hope to be sitting in your shoes, waiting for the call for the Academy!!

Congrats on your spot

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FF173 View Post
    Yeah, vets and residency points will help me out in about 4-5 years when i test with St. Paul again! Hope to be sitting in your shoes, waiting for the call for the Academy!!

Congrats on your spot
    I don't think it works like that. From what I've heard the oral is the hardest part of the process. I'm sure I'll at least get an interview (I hope at least), but I don't know much beyond that.

Forum Member

I don't think it works like that. From what I've heard the oral is the hardest part of the process. I'm sure I'll at least get an interview (I hope at least), but I don't know much beyond that.
    I heard the psych thing sucks too from a guy in law enforcement. FFL173 don't count yourself out, you never know.......and good luck to you, Corporal. Nice work.

BTW, does everyone get the background docs, or just say, the top 50-100, depending the number they want for the first class?

Forum Member

Smile

I talked to a guy I know on SPFD. He told me that a dozen or so guys put papers in and plan on retiring by the end of this year, and a few have been promoted, also the supermedic program is running.

We should hear something in the next week or two.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser10 View Post
    I heard the psych thing sucks too from a guy in law enforcement. FFL173 don't count yourself out, you never know.......and good luck to you, Corporal. Nice work.

BTW, does everyone get the background docs, or just say, the top 50-100, depending the number they want for the first class?
    I'm not completely counting myself out Kaiser, but I'm #597 on the list, it doesn't look to promising. But thanks for the encouragment, I guess there's always the slightest possibility us way down on the list could get the call.

As far as medicpaul says, I know a couple guys on SPFD as well. This is a great list to be on. A lot of guys are promoting to FEO and Captain, plus 2 big classes of guys that were hired a while back are going to be retiring within the next 1-3 years. Between guys promoting and retiring, a lot of spots will be opening up which in turn means lot of guys will be getting hired.

Good luck to everyone
    Last edited by FF173; 09-12-2010 at 02:18 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

This is my first experience with the St Paul hiring process. if anyone can explain the complete process from how many guys they interview for each position to what exactly you go through as far as oral interview, psych eval ect... Also wondering if someone gets any interview, but doesnt get hired to they go back to the eligible list or are they done? Also I'm sitting at 113 on the list and sounds like they are going to hire a bunch of people. Do I have any chance of getting a call before the list expires?

Thanks in advance for the help and Congrats and Good Luck to everyone who is on the list.

Forum Member

Anyone know any new info or get anything in the mail, yet?

Forum Member

Nothing yet just anxiously awaiting any word, it should be anyday now if they really want a class to start sometime in October.

Forum Member

I'm a tad low on the list, but wondering if any of you guys towards the top have heard anything, got an interview, starting the academy etc.

Thanks fellas

Forum Member

Nothing yet. I called HR a couple weeks ago and they didn't seem to know much. They did say there was talk about a small academy in December and a larger one in March. All just rumors and hear say but I'm putting my money on next spring.

Forum Member

Nothing yet. I called HR a couple weeks ago and they didn't seem to know much. They did say there was talk about a small academy in December and a larger one in March. All just rumors and hear say but I'm putting my money on next spring.
    Thanks for the reply. If you don't mind me asking, where are you on the list cpld? Just curious.

Thanks

Forum Member

Unhappy

I know that they are short staffed now, guys leaving and guys on military duty(weekends). Hope someone hears something soon, if so please post.

Good luck to all.

Forum Member

Yeah I hope to hear something soon as well, MedicPaul what hiring band are you in?

Thread Information