Thread: Funding

Forum Member

Default Funding

How did your dept. get the funding for RIT equipment? My dept. seems completly unintrested and the city won't even hear my rant with the chief saying we don't need it. Was funding even an issue with such a vital thing? My thoughts are being prepared is better than a LODD and lawsuit.
    Thanks for the help
    FF/Paramedic

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey I am not real sure as to all the details but I believe our mutual aid company got their RIT funding through the county. A while back the county realized how vital RIT is and so they implemented a few teams at a couple depts placed somewhat strategically throughout the area. It is astonishing to hear that your city cannot get funding. Goodluck and stay safe!

Forum Member

We are a city department. So the county is a far stretch but definitely worth a try.
    FF/Paramedic

MembersZone Subscriber

I don't what kind of city your talking about. If your talking like New York City then yes I doubt the county is going to help but the city near me is smaller so they work heavily with the surrounding departments which are all volunteer. Basically the city offers high tech services like HAZMAT and the volunteers offer services such as RIT and Rehab.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by TNFF319 View Post
    How did your dept. get the funding for RIT equipment? Thanks for the help
    What about AFG?? Also, on a side note, say thanks to your brothers for me for responding to my sister's house the other day there in Collierville on a med call. She commented on your departments profesionalism and kindness. Thanks guys!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mcfdrichey25 View Post
    What about AFG?? Also, on a side note, say thanks to your brothers for me for responding to my sister's house the other day there in Collierville on a med call. She commented on your departments profesionalism and kindness. Thanks guys!
    I live in Collierville, but I am on a nearby department. I know a few guys and I'll let em know. What Engine came if you know?
    FF/Paramedic

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by TNFF319 View Post
    I live in Collierville, but I am on a nearby department. I know a few guys and I'll let em know. What Engine came if you know?
    I'm almost 100% sure it was Station 3 that responded. Thanks so much for passing the message.

Thread Information