Thread: Funny Feeling

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Funny Feeling

From the TMI department:

I was on my way to work at the hospital tonight, and while I was getting out of the car I spilled my water and soaked the back of my pants. I always carry a spare pair of scrubs in my car, but the water soaked my boxers as well as my scrubs.

To make the story short I am now working the ER totally freebird, with nothing but a thin piece of scrubs seperating my boys from the world.

What is the lesson I learned: always carry spare underpants with your spare clothes.

So here is our new poll: Who likes to go freebird at work . Personally I like to have as many layers between myself and the fire as possible.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Personally I like to have as many layers between myself and the fire as possible.
    My vote is in for that one!
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

I used to hang out with guys in the Navy that went "freebird"(that rumbling sound you just heard was Ronnie VanZandt rolling in his grave,you infidel)because during BUD/S training,they learned that getting wet and sandy while wearing tight clothes made for a bad situation.They called it "getting a sugar cookie" which is why you never find sugar cookies on a snack table at a SEAL Team reunion.It has negative connotations for them.
    Since I work(or did before my great fall)in a sandy,dusty and rocky environment and often get rain soaked in the process,I'd go commando which caused great embarassment for the poor female EMT-P candidate riding the ambulance that responded to my injury that day when she cut my jeans' left leg seam to assess my injury. "Do your boys hang low?Do they wobble to and fro?...."
    From long experience on the river,I carry spare clothes in the truck,just in case the boat sinks or I fall overboard and are in need of dry clothing.Summer or winter,I'd do that and never had a problem needing spares.I carried that over when on a volunteer department since I knew I'd be getting wet and sweaty even on days when I'd respond wearing shorts and sandals.
    It is NOT recommended to go barefoot inside rubber turnout boots at a meth lab fire.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusKspn View Post
    From the TMI department:

I was on my way to work at the hospital tonight, and while I was getting out of the car I spilled my water and soaked the back of my pants. I always carry a spare pair of scrubs in my car, but the water soaked my boxers as well as my scrubs.

To make the story short I am now working the ER totally freebird, with nothing but a thin piece of scrubs seperating my boys from the world.

What is the lesson I learned: always carry spare underpants with your spare clothes.

So here is our new poll: Who likes to go freebird at work . Personally I like to have as many layers between myself and the fire as possible.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! My eyes. The mental image, it burns. It burns. I can't make it stop. Please, for the love of all that is humane shoot me. Please! It burns, it burns.

Now. The only problem with that is should I have a quiet moment (which incidentally did NOT happen last night as 3 of patients were actively trying to die on me - a talk for another time) and a thought of Mrs. Sharkie neked as a J-Bird would get.......um.......shall we say......er.......um......juices flowing to the nether regions I would be in trouble. Those things are tough to conceal, if you know what I mean.

For the record, this conversation was already going WAY downhill with the first post - I am just continuing the momentum. God have mercy on us all.

Any bets when the Webteam is going to shut this one down? In 3.....2.....1.....
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Banned

Good God MAN!!! Way TMI!!!!! Of course if you weren't drinking in the car this never would have happened.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Good God MAN!!! Way TMI!!!!! Of course if you weren't drinking in the car this never would have happened.
    It was my big water jug that I take to work with me, so it was filled full of nice cold ice water. You know that felt refreshing when it soaked into my crotch
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Forum Member

It was my big water jug that I take to work with me, so it was filled full of nice cold ice water. You know that felt refreshing when it soaked into my crotch
    Shrinkage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

Is that what you told the cop?How was your wet spot explanation received at work?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    Is that what you told the cop?How was your wet spot explanation received at work?
    Everybody at work was asking for her number...

Forum Member

Everybody at work was asking for her number...
    So you've had "She didn't look like no cop,did she?" moment?

Thread Information