Thread: sad story

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
    Posted by the brainless strawman

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. Come to think of it... stupidity, ignorance and conjecture are your "best" qualities.

That story is about my mom,vmy sister and I.
    My bad, I guess I focused on the bolded statement "Thanks Mom... your sacrifices and tenacity got Sandy and I to where we are today!" So I thought Sandy was your wife not your sister. Reading comprehension isn't the problem, its that ADD thing. I might have skipped a line or two.
    Last edited by ScareCrow57; 10-25-2009 at 08:09 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleman View Post
    Bull****. Chief's story is very similar to mine...and thousands of others.
    Go **** yourself; you're an uninformed idiot of the highest order.
    I would expect stories like that coming form those in the working class. But those are the anomalies, there is no doubt the system doesn't work as intended. Just up the hill fro my house is a place known as welfare corner. There is a generation now that uses the system just like their parents, grandparents, and great grandparents. So the system has worked for thousands and failed millions. You are simply to far separated from the system.

Go talk to the people who work in these offices. Of course we live in a small county of 50,000 you would be lucky to have 2,000 minorities in this community; not that the racial makeup matters, but if I don't specify some idiot/moron will call me a racist. The thing is with such a small population they know everyone. They will tell you who screwed up the system, how it screws the single person and rewards those who just keep popping em out. We will go out for a few ****tails and low and behold, my friend will set there and point out all of the recipients. I don't mind helping someone down on their luck. But when they have money to go out drinking, buy beer, drugs, and cigarettes, then they aren't down on their luck.

Banned

Laughing My Azz off. The sensorater censored the word C o c k t a i l. How stupit is that????

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Laughing My Azz off. The sensorater censored the word C o c k t a i l. How stupit is that????
    It is as stupid, brainless, dazed, deficient, dense, dim, doltish, dopey, dull, dumb,, foolish, futile, gullible, half-baked, half-witted, idiotic, ill-advised, imbecilic, inane, indiscreet, insensate, irrelevant, laughable, ludicrous, meaningless, mindless, moronic, naive, nonsensical, obtuse, out to lunch, pointless, puerile, rash, senseless, shortsighted, simple, simpleminded, slow, sluggish, stolid, stupefied, thick, thick-headed, trivial, unintelligent, unthinking, witless, batty, campy, crazy, daffy, dippy, flaky, freaky, gagged up, goofy, llogical, incongruous, irrational, jokey, loony, nutty, off the wall, preposterous, sappy, screwy, silly, unreasonable and wacky as you are.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

They will tell you who screwed up the system, how it screws the single person and rewards those who just keep popping em out.
    Once again, proof you are either an uninformed idiot who uses talk radio for research, or an outright liar. Why do you feel the need to blather on and on and on about things you obviously know jack**** about?

Banned

It is as stupid, brainless, dazed, deficient, dense, dim, doltish, dopey, dull, dumb,, foolish, futile, gullible, half-baked, half-witted, idiotic, ill-advised, imbecilic, inane, indiscreet, insensate, irrelevant, laughable, ludicrous, meaningless, mindless, moronic, naive, nonsensical, obtuse, out to lunch, pointless, puerile, rash, senseless, shortsighted, simple, simpleminded, slow, sluggish, stolid, stupefied, thick, thick-headed, trivial, unintelligent, unthinking, witless, batty, campy, crazy, daffy, dippy, flaky, freaky, gagged up, goofy, llogical, incongruous, irrational, jokey, loony, nutty, off the wall, preposterous, sappy, screwy, silly, unreasonable and wacky as you are.
    6 moths of saving up words and that is the best you can do? That is funny though

Forum Member

6 moths of saving up words and that is the best you can do? That is funny though
    You are not worth getting banned over.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Exactly, and the welfare systems encourage irresponsibility. That and generation's of stupidity handed down form one generation to the next.
    Your still not getting the point, it's not the SYSTEM, it's the people who choose to manipulate the system. I think that is what the other people are trying to point out here. THE MORE YOU SAY THAT IT IS THE SYSTEMS FAULT YOU ARE ENABLING THE PEOPLE AND TAKING AWAY THE BLAME FROM THE PEOPLE THAT ARE ABUSING IT. LIKE EVERYONE ELSE IS SAYING YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. It's not a system problem it's a people problem. Are you going to say the same thing about upper class and middle class people that feel that they don't have to pay their taxes. Do you want to blame the system for encouraging irresponsibility with that too. I'm tired of this victim thing of it's not anybody's fault blame it on the system. I grew up in a house that believed in a accountability, and that you were responsible for you own actions. Not everybody in welfare is trying to screw us over so that does not mean the system has failed. We need to weed the bad apples out and have more accountablility.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kolat06 View Post
    Your still not getting the point, it's not the SYSTEM, it's the people who choose to manipulate the system. I think that is what the other people are trying to point out here. THE MORE YOU SAY THAT IT IS THE SYSTEMS FAULT YOU ARE ENABLING THE PEOPLE AND TAKING AWAY THE BLAME FROM THE PEOPLE THAT ARE ABUSING IT. LIKE EVERYONE ELSE IS SAYING YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. It's not a system problem it's a people problem. Are you going to say the same thing about upper class and middle class people that feel that they don't have to pay their taxes. Do you want to blame the system for encouraging irresponsibility with that too. I'm tired of this victim thing of it's not anybody's fault blame it on the system. I grew up in a house that believed in a accountability, and that you were responsible for you own actions. Not everybody in welfare is trying to screw us over so that does not mean the system has failed. We need to weed the bad apples out and have more accountablility.
    Well since 90% of the people in the system manipulate the system then it is BROKE!!!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Well since 90% of the people in the system manipulate the system then it is BROKE!!!!!!
    and that fact is from what?

Forum Member

Did you pull that figure out of your alimentary canal, or is your head still up there?
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Welcome to South Memphis....

As of now the DA's office has declined to file any charges.

It is the system. The sytem supports blatent abuse and free loading. It is a system that rewards laziness and lakc of drive with such luxuries items as a cell phone or free cable tv. Don't believe me? Look it up as they are both avaliable in the State of Tennessee. Sure there are excpetions to the rule, but as a whole it promotes generational, cyclical poverty with a "whatya gonna do for me" attitude. To the liberals who dispute this, get real. Don't believe me, come on and take a ride...it will open your eyes.
    FTM-PTB

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MontvilleFire39 View Post

It is the system. The sytem supports blatent abuse and free loading. It is a system that rewards laziness and lakc of drive with such luxuries items as a cell phone or free cable tv. Don't believe me? Look it up as they are both avaliable in the State of Tennessee. Sure there are excpetions to the rule, but as a whole it promotes generational, cyclical poverty with a "whatya gonna do for me" attitude. To the liberals who dispute this, get real. Don't believe me, come on and take a ride...it will open your eyes.
    Welcome to the 14's "World of Welfare" ride. Now open!

Way to go DA. We'll get 'em next time they burn a kid up. You gotta be kiddin me.

I agree that the system will help some, but most just abuse it. Why work? You make more for doing nothing. It is sad because some need it to live and some need it to chill.
    Last edited by TNFF319; 10-25-2009 at 08:52 PM.
    FF/Paramedic

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MontvilleFire39 View Post

Yes, they are entitled to a FREE cell phone compliments of a fee you and I pay. There are a few who use it occasionally, but for the most part they are frequent flyers. Here is another good one. Prisoners who are released form jail automatically get medicaid and I believe food stamps automatically for one year after their release.

I have two friends who I see all the time, both work at Department of Social Services (DSS). They will tell you point blank that is the same people over and over for generation after generation. They walk in and act like their owed something. They show up at 2 in the afternoon in the pajamas and get all PO'ed because they are missing their soaps and have to wait in the waiting room for a couple of hours (Like they have something else important to do). The commissioners are all happy that hey give away more money each month and they are making it easier to get benefits. No more proving you have nothing in the bank, you word is good enough It is an absolute sham and an insult to the working class.

Banned

Did you pull that figure out of your alimentary canal, or is your head still up there?
    It would actually be considered hearsay, I get my information from people who work at DSS. In their words the job sucks. They deal with low life lazy scumbags all day long who simply believe they have to do nothing becuase the government will take care of them. It ticks me off on days like this when I have to get up at 4:30 am to get to work on time to support their no good lazy azzess. Unfortunately, there are people who truly do deserve a little help and they get lumped in with the rest. I know a couple, both disabled, who are completely entitled to benefits, since they worked all their lives they refuse to take the freebies. They don't won't to be part of the problem.

MembersZone Subscriber

It would actually be considered hearsay, I get my information from people who work at DSS. In their words the job sucks. They deal with low life lazy scumbags all day long who simply believe they have to do nothing becuase the government will take care of them. It ticks me off on days like this when I have to get up at 4:30 am to get to work on time to support their no good lazy azzess. Unfortunately, there are people who truly do deserve a little help and they get lumped in with the rest. I know a couple, both disabled, who are completely entitled to benefits, since they worked all their lives they refuse to take the freebies. They don't won't to be part of the problem.
    So let's get this correct: Your "facts" about the broken welfare system comes from disgruntled employees?

I can point you to some disgruntled employees in every job you could think off, and they will all tell you that their job sucks and whatever sector they are working in is broken.
    Last edited by MarcusKspn; 10-26-2009 at 11:19 AM.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Lightbulb Yeah.............

Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleman View Post
    an uninformed idiot who uses talk radio for research,

I Think he must listen to that Radio Guy Hurryup Limburger, or whatever his name is..... Guy just rambles on about nothing.....
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

YEAH!!

that was a mouthfull, but total truth.
    Bill Davis
    West Harrison Fire Dept
    2009 Rookie of the Year
    www.westharrisonfire.com
    IACOJ Rookie-We all gotta start somewhere

Forum Member

Default Update to the story.

The second child has died after being in the hospital since the fire. The case has been sent to the Grand Jury. I would expect that 2 counts of negligent homicide will be filed, in addition to other charges, but I will post more information when and if it becomes official.

Additionally, the aunt has been arrested on other outstanding warrant charges.
    RK
    cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

MembersZone Subscriber

It keeps on getting better. My condolences to you guys out in memphis. My daughter is the same age as the youngest. I could never imagine having such a thing happen to her.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kolat06 View Post
    It keeps on getting better.
    That's actually about par for the coarse. There are 50,000+ outstanding criminal warrants in Memphis/Shelby County.

If you are bored, check out this page:

http://www.shelbywarrants.org/

There are 53 pages of last names that are Johnson alone.
    RK
    cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

This is a sad, sad case. As I said earlier, more for the Brother Firefighters that responded to it than the so called mother and aunt. Why is it that 3 seconds of common sense that says you shouldn't leave young children home alone is supposed to be erased by the theatrical, over dramatic sobbing of the grieving relatives? If they cared they wouldn't have left the kids. It is oh so simple for those of us that are parents to see that. Of course it is inconvenient at times, but damn it take responsibility or don't have kids.

To me the conviction of them would be hollow unless they were able to suffer the horror that those 2 children did. I am a major advocate for a punishment that fits the crime. If the death penalty is given then it should be death by the same manner that the victim died. Perhaps that would open some eyes to the danger of leaving small children home alone.

I hope the judge gives them the maximum allowable penalty when and IF this ever goes to court.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusKspn View Post
    So let's get this correct: Your "facts" about the broken welfare system comes from disgruntled employees?

I can point you to some disgruntled employees in every job you could think off, and they will all tell you that their job sucks and whatever sector they are working in is broken.
    So would fire fighters complaining about their working condition also be considered disgruntled? Or how about he EMS guys? Maybe the PD guys? How about the highway workers who complain? Fact is these are not disgruntled employees, rather they are the ones in the trenches who really know what is going on. Nowt some Dumb Azz government bureaucrat.

MembersZone Subscriber

So would fire fighters complaining about their working condition also be considered disgruntled? Or how about he EMS guys? Maybe the PD guys? How about the highway workers who complain? Fact is these are not disgruntled employees, rather they are the ones in the trenches who really know what is going on. Nowt some Dumb Azz government bureaucrat.
    Actually by your own definition, all government workers are useless.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

The aunt is more worried about the purse than the babies, wow...

Thread Information