Forum Member

Default Anything new on when 2009 Awards will start

Anything new or speculation when awards will start?

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by jasnic0510 View Post
    Anything new or speculation when awards will start?
    Last reliable word was still that some will receive a nice treat in their Halloween bags next week.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    Last reliable word was still that some will receive a nice treat in their Halloween bags next week.
    That's not acceptable, I want it to happen this week.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    That's not acceptable, I want it to happen this week.
    And I wanted to win Megamillions. Climb on board the Train of Reality and light up a cigar with me while we wait.

Forum Member

Default station construction dear johns

does anyone know when the dear johns for construction will be dealt out? we have a remodel to do, but are waiting for the official axe to fall....

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by steelman View Post
    does anyone know when the dear johns for construction will be dealt out? we have a remodel to do, but are waiting for the official axe to fall....
    If you haven't heard a peep it's probably what is coming. The Congressional offices know for sure, or can find out for sure. I've had a few people call and have them ask for info for the same reason, like fixing a leaky roof that can't wait another winter, etc. Official DJs should be out before the end of November last I heard as a target date.

Forum Member

Would be better for me now if they could hold off the 1199's till after the first of the year.

[Been sitting at the waiting bar so long am gonna have to check myself into rehab.]

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    Would be better for me now if they could hold off the 1199's till after the first of the year.
    I hope not...I can't pay my bar tab as it is now.

WJ its your turn to buy a round.

Forum Member

Just hold Jam24u grant notification until spring if he should have one and send the rest since we need ours as soon as we can get it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Afg

Brian:
    You said some may be getting a holloween treat. Since Haloween is next week, I assume you think 1199's may start showing up next week???
    When do you think awards will be announced and the first round of DJ's will drop?
    BB

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by BB3939 View Post
    Brian:
    You said some may be getting a holloween treat. Since Haloween is next week, I assume you think 1199's may start showing up next week???
    When do you think awards will be announced and the first round of DJ's will drop?
    Round 1 is supposed to happen before Thanksgiving, so 1199As have to drop at least 3-4 weeks before that. Word on the street is that the Great Pumpkin might drop in with some goodies....

MembersZone Subscriber

Round 1 is supposed to happen before Thanksgiving, so 1199As have to drop at least 3-4 weeks before that. Word on the street is that the Great Pumpkin might drop in with some goodies....
    and the Great Pumpkin has never appeared in the pumkin patch.......just ask Linus who will be waiting again this year.

Forum Member

Talking

BAH HUMBUG !!!
    Oh wait : wrong holiday
    :-}

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    and the Great Pumpkin has never appeared in the pumkin patch.......just ask Linus who will be waiting again this year.
    Blasphemy! A thousand lashes for the non-believer!

Forum Member

Default similar threads

I just checked the 'similar threads' at the bottom of this page. Looks like the anxiously waiting and skepticism posts are about identical to now. Four years later. (In August)

FH Mag/.com Contributor

I just checked the 'similar threads' at the bottom of this page. Looks like the anxiously waiting and skepticism posts are about identical to now. Four years later. (In August)
    Nothing else in the fire service changes very often, you were thinking this would?

Forum Member

Talking

So my cell phone rings and the screen just says "202" So I don't recognize the number and let it go to voicemail and about an hour later I checked my voicemail and the voice on the other end goes..." Good morning this is So and So from FEMA, I am calling in regard to your Assistance to Firefighters Grant"... ok at this point I fall off my chair thinking 10 questions or something about a clarification on our 1099

So, sort of like the Dodgers and Manny, that dream didn't last long either. She was calling about a question on a grant being closed out from 2008.

Talk about a rush!!!

So I guess I'll haul myself back up on this barstool and buy a round for the house for bruising the floor.....

Back to the waiting game...

Forum Member

Red face ,,, that's sadistic

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefDevonshire View Post
    So my cell phone rings and the screen just says "202" So I don't recognize the number and let it go to voicemail and about an hour later I checked my voicemail and the voice on the other end goes..." Good morning this is So and So from FEMA, I am calling in regard to your Assistance to Firefighters Grant"... ok at this point I fall off my chair thinking 10 questions or something about a clarification on our 1099

So, sort of like the Dodgers and Manny, that dream didn't last long either. She was calling about a question on a grant being closed out from 2008.

Talk about a rush!!!

So I guess I'll haul myself back up on this barstool and buy a round for the house for bruising the floor.....

Back to the waiting game...
    Dude! There is something very, very wrong with that.

Forum Member

Cool well

Nothing else in the fire service changes very often, you were thinking this would?
    They did throw the station grants in the middle this year, and it seems to be twice as long a waiting period, and the posters four years are mostly different other than you and Kurt.

As far as changes are concerned. Learned about the impending Station Grant rumor on March 2nd which was announced a bit later. Then one dealing with a help desk guy, who relayed to me that he showed the 1199's as begining on Sept. 8th. Both of these convinced me that the rumor mill around the fire service grants can cover both ends of false and true. So yes and no about the changes. Pretty good waffeling, but with reason.

MembersZone Subscriber

Sounds like your all excitied to jump start the US economy! I would take a halloween treat vs a christmas lump of coal.

Forum Member

We've been doing the Waiting Bar thing for so long, we're gonna have to find a grant to pay for a group trip to the Betty Ford Clinic.... I wonder if we can get a group rate?
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

George S. Patton

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by DFDCar1 View Post
    We've been doing the Waiting Bar thing for so long, we're gonna have to find a grant to pay for a group trip to the Betty Ford Clinic.... I wonder if we can get a group rate?
    Im sure if acorn got a grant we can get a grant to cure our drinking problem or to fix our carpul tunnel

Forum Member

I got an idea. Just do not drink, it sets a bad example

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by admpaul View Post
    Im sure if acorn got a grant we can get a grant to cure our drinking problem or to fix our carpul tunnel
    There are new developments with ACORN, the NY Times and the administrations war on Fox news. All are related. Seems the White House was way, way more involved with the current ACORN issue than the president let on in a press conference. Was on the radio today, but I only had time for a minute of listening to the story.

anyway, it will develop more as the day goes on I'm sure.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

There are new developments with ACORN, the NY Times and the administrations war on Fox news. All are related. Seems the White House was way, way more involved with the current ACORN issue than the president let on in a press conference. Was on the radio today, but I only had time for a minute of listening to the story.

anyway, it will develop more as the day goes on I'm sure.
    He did a lot of work with/for them in Chicago, of course there were favors called in since they did so much work with registering voters to vote. I doubt he had anything do to with the person stealing the money, and doubt he did anything wrong in his dealings with them, but can't see any reason ACORN would have been tapped to help with the Census. Feds hire direct help for that and only direct employee help, not groups to handle it and then turn it over. Was something fishy there.

Thread Information