Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Grant Opportunities in Arkansas

I am new at this whole grant search thing for my department and would love to have some help. If anyone knows of any websites that say all grant opportunities or if anyone knows of any grants available i would greatly appreciate the information.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by firefighter537 View Post
    I am new at this whole grant search thing for my department and would love to have some help. If anyone knows of any websites that say all grant opportunities or if anyone knows of any grants available i would greatly appreciate the information.
    The state should have a listing of the state and federal programs that they have available. Private foundations are another story, most of those are locked up in subscription based web sites like Foundation Center (www.foundationcenter.org). Most major companies have them such as Wal-Mart, Best Buy, as well as the insurance companies like Firemen's Fund, FM Global, and State Farm. They just vary on how much they'll give for certain projects and to what types of organizations. It all depends on what you're seeking funds for.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firefighter537 View Post
    The Arkansas Department of Health keeps a list of numerous grant opportunities (local, state and federal) available on their web site. http://www.healthyarkansas.com/grant...ouncements.htm

Also, Fort Smith EMS will be hosting Kurt Bradley's grant writing workshop Feb 26-27, 2010. For anyone new in the grant writing business it is a must. The agencies we write for have had a 100% success rate on AFG grants since attending his workshop. It hasn't been listed on his web site yet but the contract has been signed. http://www.hdgrants.com/

You can contact me at brian@fsems.org if you would like more information about the workshop.

MembersZone Subscriber

Email me I'm with a small rural fire dept in Arkansas and I have written and been award justr about every grant availible in Arkansas

Thread Information