Forum Member

Default Serious Question, Seriously.

If you were attending a funeral (non fire department) and the building was silent, would you laugh if someone farted?
    Last edited by snowball; 10-21-2009 at 11:40 PM.
    IAFF

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by snowball View Post
    If you were attending a funeral (non fire department) and the building was silent, would you laugh if someone farted?
    What kind of question is that? Do you think were five or something? Wow, what is the world coming to?

MembersZone Subscriber

Come on, how disrespectful can you get

Everyone knows that proper protocol calls for high fives!
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Forum Member

I have never understood why anyone would find a normal biological function so humorous.

I had a teacher, (about 45 years ago) who got onto some kids for laughing at another kid that "let one" in class. She asked them, "You ever had gas". Of course they said "no". She said, "well you'll never make it to ten since you all will just blow one day". It wasn't funny after that and they really believed her. We had the noisiest class in the school that year.

If a teacher told a kid that today, you could buy tickets to a public hanging.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pgfd65 View Post
    What kind of question is that? Do you think were five or something? Wow, what is the world coming to?
    Do you always answer questions with questions?
    Go back to reading Henry David Thoreau.
    IAFF

Forum Member

I would totally laugh. I would LOL, OMG a guy just farted!
    Logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead.

Forum Member

Do you always answer questions with questions?
    Go back to reading Henry David Thoreau.
    He answers a question with 3 questions. He's clearly a Confucious reader.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnny46 View Post
    He answers a question with 3 questions. He's clearly a Confucious reader.
    Confucious say, "Man who walk through turnstile backwards, going to Bangkok"
    IAFF

Forum Member

"Man with hand in pocket, feel ****y all day."
    Kyle
    Upper Macungie Township Station 56, Allentown, PA
    Vigilant Hose Company #1, Shippensburg, PA

The things I post do not reflect the views of the affiliations I belong to.

Forum Member

LOL!!!! you Ain't right !!!! LOL

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LT2387 View Post
    LOL!!!! you Ain't right !!!! LOL
    I reckon it depends, but for him, he's right.

IACOJ - Proud member.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny46 View Post
    I would totally laugh. I would LOL, OMG a guy just farted!
    Ditto that...

As a matter of fact, I farted as I was reading the original post.
    Chief Jim Bator
    www.hopewellfire.org

IACOJ
    Got Crust?
    FTM-PTB

I can think of no more stirring symbol of man's humanity to man than a fire engine. ~Kurt Vonnegut

Forum Member

Man who goes to bed with itchy butt wakes up with smelly fingers
    Just another one of the 99%ers looking up.

Forum Member

Ah ha but "Man who fart in church sit in own pew!"
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Forum Member

Cool Would I laugh????

I guess it really depends on who farted. If it was the person in the box I would probably go way past farting and sh>*t myself right there.

Oh - if it was anyone other than the guy in the box you bet I would laugh.

Early Adopter

It would warrant a chuckle, for sure... The real question is how loud was it and did anyone laugh at you for doing it?

MembersZone Subscriber

man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
    man who drops watch in toilet has $hitty time

i guess it would depend on who it was. for instance, a fart from a married man, with his wife sitting right next to him would be hilarious because you know she would do that really slow head turn with a bright red face and give him the "im gonna kill you" look.

or you got the people who try and cover it by coughing at the same time, as if a fart and cough sound anything alike... even funnier is when the fart is lengthier than the cough. oops...busted.

lastly, a fart joke -
    A man and his wife have gone to bed. After laying in bed for a few minutes the man lets rip a fart.
    Wifey rolls over and growls, "What in God's name was that?"
    Man says, "TOUCHDOUWN, I'm ahead, 7 to nothing!!!"
    A few minutes later the wife lets rip a Scorcher.
    Husband says, "Crikey, what was that?"
    She replies "Touchdown, tie score."
    The man lays there for about 10 minutes trying to work one up. He tries so hard he craps in bed.
    The wife asks, "Now what in the world was that?"
    He replies, "Halftime, switch sides."
    Hug a firefighter and feel warm all over

Forum Member

The answer, of course, is, yes. I grew up in a house with 4 boys. A fart is funny, every single time. Period, end of discussion.
    Leroy140 Fairfield, CT Local 1426

Good thing's happening

True Story:

Although I didn't fart it still relates to the story since there was a funeral and lots of laughing. My coaches mom died(sad I know) and being on the hockey team and in a catholic school we were required to go out of respect. We were sitting in the pews and everything was going fine, knelt down once no problem knelt down twice, no problem it wasn't until the third time I had the problem where the kneeler broke where you heard a LOUD BOOM of it breaking in a silent church. Mass went on but I had a face of OMG what did I just do ? I just broke this thing. Now my team starts laughing that I just broke this kneeler and im laughing at them laughing and they start laughing harder cause im turning as red as a cherry. Im getting hit by the Hockey coordinator/teacher tellin me to stop which just makes things worse because you have my team laughing at me getting hit also. So I try my best to play it off like im crying or something. Once the laughing stopped rest of the mass went off without a hitch.

Rob

Forum Member

Now that's funny.

While I think there is a time and place for everything, it seems every time I attend a funeral, we always get around to the laughing part anyway. Usually it is after the service, and while everyone is sitting around reflecting on the person and their life. Some of the buddies I lost would have found alot of humor in a fart at their funeral; almost as if it would be expected.

I wish I had time to sit around and think about "what-if" questions up like this. I might have to take off next week and see how that works out.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinKnight View Post
    Now that's funny.

While I think there is a time and place for everything, it seems every time I attend a funeral, we always get around to the laughing part anyway. Usually it is after the service, and while everyone is sitting around reflecting on the person and their life. Some of the buddies I lost would have found alot of humor in a fart at their funeral; almost as if it would be expected.

I wish I had time to sit around and think about "what-if" questions up like this. I might have to take off next week and see how that works out.
    With a nick like that, I know you're playing D&D right now. You can tell us, we're your brothers.

Forum Member

Never played D&D. It is a bit too "out there" for me. I'm more the History Student.

As for my usename, I've had the nickname Paladin since I was young kid. Knight is a play on my last name, ----night.

My dad had a sense of humor and was a big fan of Richard Boone as Paladin in "Have Gun - Will Travel". I think he wanted me to grow up and be a "gun-slinger", but I chose "hose-slinging" instead. He never understand it.

But it was my dad that taught me that your actions, honor and reputation are more important than any words you can ever speak. That kept me somewhat humble I suppose. I was also raised to help others when they need it. Kind of a Knight thing, "Triumph over Evil". If you consider what I chose to do, and you squint your eyes just right, a fire looks pretty evil at times.

Years ago, I used to write Paladin on the back of my helmet; seemed cool at the time. But guys just called me "Pal"; that wasn't cool. Nowdays my white helmet is just plain; no name. I wake everyday and try to figure out how I got here. I don't think the nickname helped any.

Thanks for asking about it.

This topic is off the rails and going over the edge. But I guess it beats passing gas.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinKnight View Post
    This topic is off the rails and going over the edge. But I guess it beats passing gas.
    You're totally hijacking a thread about farting in quiet places, and possible laughter ensuing. Your grandchildren's grandchildren will know of this day.
    IAFF

Forum Member

You're totally hijacking a thread about farting in quiet places, and possible laughter ensuing. Your grandchildren's grandchildren will know of this day.
    So much for my reputation.

"A thousand pardons", he was last heard saying, as he fell over the edge of the cliff.

MembersZone Subscriber

I fart in his general direction, his mother was a hamster, and his father smelled of elderberries...
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Thread Information