Thread: Help!

Forum Member

Default Help!

All Hands Needed- Help Those Who Helped America

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_pe...cgi?HR847NOW&1

We are are calling on all Americans to urge Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi, to immediately commit to a firm date for bill HR 847: the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act of 2009 to be on the floor of the House of Representatives, for a vote. We have lost over eight hundred September 11th first responders since that horrific day, we must act now as many, many more of our Nation’s Heroes are sick and dying due to the time they spent at the World Trade Center site.

In addition to signing the petition and passing along the link to your friends, please take two minutes out of your day to call Speaker Pelosi (202-225-0100) as well as your local rep and stress how important the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act of 2009 is to you, your community and America. It is time to get this bill to the House floor and passed so that those who put America first on September 11, 2001 are taken properly taken care of, NOW.

----------------
    To: Speaker of the House of Representatives, Ms. Nancy Pelosi & All Congressional Representatives
    We the undersigned urge Speaker of the House, Ms. Nancy Pelosi, to immediately commit to a firm date for bill HR 847: the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act of 2009 to be on the floor of the House of Representatives, for a vote.

Having lost over eight hundred September 11th first responders since that horrific day, we must act now as many, many more of our Nation’s Heroes are sick and dying due to the time they spent at the World Trade Center site.

We would like to to stress how important the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act of 2009 is to us, our community and America. It is time to get this bill to the House floor and passed so that those who put America first on September 11, 2001 are taken properly taken care of, now.

We want HR 847 passed by Thanksgiving so that we, as a country, can properly thank the thousands who have given so much of themselves, so selflessly. We have lost over eight hundred September 11th first responders since that horrific day, we MUST act now as many, many more of these men and women are sick and dying due to the time they spent at Ground Zero.

HR 847 (http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h847/show) is sponsored by Representative Carolyn Maloney [D, NY-14] and co-sponsored by Reps. Ackerman [D, NY-5], Andrews [D, NJ-1], Arcuri [D, NY-24], Baldwin [D, WI-2], Berkley [D, NV-1], Bishop [D, NY-1], Bishop [D, GA-2], Brady [D, PA-1], Burgess [R, TX-26], Capps [D, CA-23], Carney [D, PA-10], Castor [D, FL-11], Christensen [D, VI-0], Clarke [D, NY-11], Cohen [D, TN-9], Connolly [D, VA-11], Conyers [D, MI-14], Courtney [D, CT-2], Crowley [D, NY-7], Dahlkemper [D, PA-3], DeLauro [D, CT-3], Dent [R, PA-15], Doyle [D, PA-14], Ellsworth [D, IN-8], Engel [D, NY-17], Etheridge [D, NC-2], Fattah [D, PA-2], Garrett [R, NJ-5], Gonzalez [D, TX-20], Green [D, TX-29], Grijalva [D, AZ-7], Hall [D, NY-19], Higgins [D, NY-27], Himes [D, CT-4], Hinchey [D, NY-22], Hodes [D, NH-2], Holt [D, NJ-12], Israel [D, NY-2], Jones [R, NC-3], King [R, NY-3], Klein [D, FL-22], Kucinich [D, OH-10], Lance [R, NJ-7], Larson [D, CT-1], Lee [R, NY-26], Lee [D, CA-9], Lewis [D, GA-5], Lipinski [D, IL-3], Lowey [D, NY-18], Maffei [D, NY-25], Massa [D, NY-29], McCarthy [D, NY-4], McCaul [R, TX-10], McGovern [D, MA-3], McHugh [R, NY-23], McMahon [D, NY-13], Meeks [D, NY-6], Murphy [R, PA-18], Murphy [D, NY-20], Murphy [D, CT-5], Nadler [D, NY-8], Pascrell [D, NJ-8], Pierluisi [D, PR-0], Rangel [D, NY-15], Rush [D, IL-1], Sarbanes [D, MD-3], Schakowsky [D, IL-9], Schauer [D, MI-7], Schwartz [D, PA-13], Serrano [D, NY-16], Sestak [D, PA-7], Sires [D, NJ-13], Slaughter [D, NY-28], Smith [R, NJ-4], Stupak [D, MI-1], Sutton [D, OH-13], Thompson [D, MS-2], Tonko [D, NY-21], Towns [D, NY-10], Velázquez [D, NY-12], Weiner [D, NY-9], Wexler [D, FL-19], Woolsey [D, CA-6].

James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act of 2009
    2/4/2009-- Introduced.James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act of 2009 - Amends the Public Health Service Act to establish within the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health the World Trade Center Health Program (WTC program) to provide:
    (1) medical monitoring and treatment benefits to eligible emergency responders and recovery and cleanup workers who responded to the World Trade Center terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001; and
    (2) initial health evaluation, monitoring, and treatment benefits to residents and other building occupants and area workers who were directly impacted and adversely affected by such attacks. Requires the WTC program administrator to:
    (1) implement a quality assurance program;
    (2) establish the WTC Health Program Scientific/Technical Advisory Committee;
    (3) establish the WTC Responders Steering Committee and the WTC Community Program Steering Committee;
    (4) provide for education and outreach on services under the WTC program;
    (5) provide for the uniform collection of data related to WTC-related health conditions;
    (6) conduct research on physical and mental health conditions that may be related to the September 11 terrorist attacks; and
    (7) extend and expand arrangements with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene to provide for the World Trade Center Health Registry. Authorizes the administrator to make grants to the Department to address mental health needs relating to the terrorist attacks. Amends the Air Transportation Safety and System Stabilization Act to:
    (1) make individuals eligible for compensation under the September 11 Victim Compensation Fund of 2001 for harm as a result of debris removal; and
    (2) extend the deadline for making a claim for compensation.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Signed, sealed, delivered!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Signed petition

Forum Member

Done, and i am forwarding it to others

Forum Member

Signed and will pass it on!
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Forum Member

Number 111
    FF/Paramedic

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Signed & posted to Facebook.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Let us keep this up top.

MembersZone Subscriber

Signed and I hope it will help.

MembersZone Subscriber

Signed and passed on.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Good thing's happening

I signed it and am number 804 wow has it grown in just a few hours and boy am I glad it has. Let everyone you know know about it and have them sign it asap!!!

Banned

Signed at 845. Problem is the author is assuming the queen actually cares about the people and will do something for the people. But it can't hurt to try logic and reason with her.

Forum Member

I'm just sorry it took me so long to realize this petition was here. My apologies for the delay in signing.

Good to see that a couple of Reps from CT are co sponsors as they damn well should be.

343 NEVER FORGET
    Last edited by FFPCogs08; 10-27-2009 at 08:16 AM.

Forum Member

Done, signed.

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs up Done.......

#887.............
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

MembersZone Subscriber

---Signed!
    Greater love has no man than to lay his life down for a friend.

Forum Member

Signed and passed on.

Forum Member

Default done

Added my Name # 1168

MembersZone Subscriber

In the interest of full disclosure, I have been attending the Mt. Sinai World Trade Center Medical Monitoring and Treatment Program through Robert Wood Johnson Hospital for a bunch of years.

I have read the synopsis of this bill several times. I am asking this question with absolutely no purpose other than to inform myself. I truly do not know the answer.

Aside from the parts of the bill that appear to establish more bureaucratic nonsense and no-show jobs, doesn't the rest of it already exist through places like Mt. Sinai? What is the difference between their program and the one proposed in the bill?
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Forum Member

Certainly not trying to take away from the cause, but I think this is more of an online "feel good" thing more than anything else and most likely good for nothing more than an online poll.

Maybe this isn't the case or maybe it's just a local thing, but I have always been told that petitions have to be hard copies and include people's names, address, and signatures in order to verify the names to be considered official and also what makes them so difficult to actually accomplish.

Additionally, only the names of registered voters can be counted in the results.

This "online" petition is actually a waste of time and is not helping anything. It will never be seen by Pelosi, any of her staff, or anyone else.

Just saying.

Now bringing this to people's attention and calling your elected officials, is not a waste of time and the only way to have any influence in the matter.
    Last edited by MemphisE34a; 10-27-2009 at 05:49 PM.
    RK
    cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Forum Member

I think Robert is right. I'll contact my representatives.

Forum Member

I can guarantee you that the results of this petition will make it to the eye's of these elected representatives. The number 1 signature on this petition is quite involved in this fight and is connected with a lot of politicos here in NY and knows a lot of people involved in this fight. Dont think that because its online it will be for naught.

And George, if the federal funding that was just re-instated wasn't you would be not in any monitoring program. This was just in the news. Ill try and find you the link.

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs up Well................

With all due respect to the Brother from Memphis, (Hi Bob ) The "Hard Copy, Registered Voter" type of petition is properly required SOMETIMES, but not always. For Instance, Here in my part of the World, If you wanted to get a question placed on the Ballot for the voters to decide, and no member of the Governing Body in that jurisdiction would sponsor a bill for you, The Petition would be your alternative. But, Registered Voters only, Hard Copy Origional, and a minimum number of Signatures are required. On the other hand, A group of citizens (Like us Forum Dwellers) can petition any Government, or any official thereof, demanding that they take a specified action for the common good, simply by the "Petition" method. Of course, our petition is not binding, just an expression of concern from constituents. And don't be fooled, many politicians take these things seriously......
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

1780 signed

For the men!

FF-EMT

Thumbs up Signed It!

Done! I hope this passes!
    Mark Zanghetti
    FF-EMT
    Goshen Fire Dept.
    Waterford, CT

Thread Information