Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Forum Member

The email was very simple. Basically "congratulations, you made it to the next step which is an ems assessment and interview. It will be held at XXX, please wear appropriate attire."

The EMT assessment (which I'm assuming was the same for everyone since 15% of their calls are falls with trauma) was a fall with a contusion on the forehead and deformed left wrist. They seemed to only be interested in your treatment, and not the assessment. They cut me off when I tried to go through the rapid trauma assessment and asked how I would treat the patient.

The interview was then with 4 individuals, the Battalion Chief in charge of the hiring process, two FFs, and a Lt. Chief asked all the questions and they were not too terrible. They concentrated on my lack of experience in my resume (in both the ems assessment and interview) so I don't expect a job offer...but it was great experience for future interviews.

Forum Member

Excellent info ... did they ever tell you what your time was on the PAT? that thing sucked.

Did you se anybody else or hear about anybody else actually getting the interview?

Forum Member

They haven't given us any test scores, written or PAT. As I was walking out of the interview, Chief Carlsson said "I don't know what you've been told, but you should hear something within a week."

I saw three guys from my PAT session there, but I didn't know them.

Forum Member

18 out of the 23 passed the physical to move on to the interview. 18 for 7 or spots is decent odds..

Forum Member

Looks like they're doing psych exams the week after Christmas. I just got a call from Deputy Chief Cain to schedule mine.

Thread Information