Default jobs in the middel east

Hello to all I recently took a job with CHS Medical or comprehensive medical services.

IT WAS THE WORST DECISION I EVER MADE!
    This company will violate all the promises made in writing in your contract, you will never see the pay rate or bonuses promised, and why because they can, the contract states that any portion of it can change at any time with cause. They will lie to you about there contracts and many many othet things…… I just left this company please read my story!!! Its very important!!!

I was offered a job in Iraq. I was told that before I go to Iraq that I would stay in Kuwait for a few days to process. IT ENDED UP BEING 2 MONTH AT A 60%
    REDUCED SALARY!!! AND NO IRAQ CONTRACT!!!

After I got to Kuwait I was told that the Iraq position had ‘’’ CLOSED DUE TO OPERATIONAL NEED IN KUWAIT’’. I was told my position was transferred to Kuwait. The Kuwait post PAYS $60,000. Less than the Iraq post! Naturally I resisted, I was contacted by someone within CHS who told me that my contract states that my duty assignment can change at any moment without cause, with pay adjustments, per section I-3 of my contract!!!

So at that point I new that I was being screwed so I offered to resign, THE SAID OK, BUT PAY YOUR OWN WAY HOME!!!
    WTF!! They breached the contract but I have to pay????

So then I decided to stay as the promised me the next open position in Iraq or Afghanistan.

I soon realized that CHS HAS NO CONTRACTS IN IRAQ OR AFGHANISTAN!!!

I was told by managers from the primary contract holder CSA that our contract was almost up.

I have been told that due to an ongoing investigation of CHS by the Army’s ‘ Fraud, abuse and waste’’ task force’’ NO CHS EMPLOYEE would be granted access to CAC or Installation Access in the future, rendering us all UN HIRABLE by any other contractor.

So then my first pay check comes, no sign on bonus, I wait, my second and third checks come still no bonus… after weeks of inquires I was finally told THAT

THERE WOULD BE NO SIGN ON BONUS and to refer to the section of my contract that read ‘’ pay or compensation can be prorated, adjusted or recalculated at the without cause at the discretion of CHS with out prior notification????

WTF, so that was it, I tried to contact legal assistance, I tried the embassy, I tried CSA, and they all said the same thing… basically that it’s a civil matter to be taken up with in the states….

So yes I quit and I paid my own air fair home, I owe back taxes on every penny I made because CHS did not report my earnings correctly and because I was not out of the country long enough…

This company really did cost me, I DIDN’T MAKE ON PENNY.

They promised me that meals on post on base on 96 hour shift would be provided, THEY WERE NOT!!

I PAID OUT OF MY POCKET FOR: FOOD, BOOTS, FLASHLIGHT, GLOVES & TRANSPORTATION to and from base…AND MY AIR FAIR HOME…

I have been a Paramedic for a few years, I have seen this before, CHS is what we know as a fly by night mom and pop bls IFT ambulance company, that bounces pay roll checks and commits medicare fraud…..

I have been reading these other post’s on CHS and I can say that I with I would have read them sooner

Forum Member

I just got an e-mail from CHS about the Kuwait operations. Just trying to get some more specifics. I'm definitely interested, just don't want to get screwed. Thanks.

-Mike

Forum Member

Sounds like you should have done more research and read your contract.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

MembersZone Subscriber

You admit your contract stated they could change anything at will, then when they do you scream breach of contract.

Sucks, but you signed it.

Thread Information