Forum Member

Default What Turnout Gear To Get??

I am hoping to get approval for new turnout gear for my dept

We currently have Globe, but would like to consider all options.
    Does anyone have any likes or dis-likes and recommendations.

As of the moment, price is not the priority, ff safety is.

Thank you.
    Last edited by backflip; 11-10-2009 at 06:25 AM. Reason: misspell

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by backflip View Post
    I am hoping to get approval for new turnout gear for my dept

We currently have Globe, but would like to consider all options.
    Does anyone have any likes or dis-likes and recoomendations.

As of the moment, price is not the prioity, ff safety is.

Thank you.
    I've always been a fan of Globe gear and their G-extreme gear is pretty good.

I would recommend looking at Morning Pride. You'll get various opinions regarding it (as well as other manufacturers for that matter), but we've been in it for a little over 3-1/2 years now and it's the best gear I've ever worn.

We were looking at safety over price also. In the end we found that for our specs (as close to identical as we could get them to each other), the Globe and the MP came in at almost the same price. However, MP clearly offered the superior product in our opinion.

Forum Member

Last edited by ColoradoDave; 02-12-2013 at 12:49 PM.

Forum Member

My issue gear is Globe and i love it. I did recently pick up an MP turnout coat that was like new. I am impressed with it as well. I do have to say, side by side, the attention to detail on Globe i find to be a lot better. The stiching is nicer and seems to be done much stronger. Globe uses the TrimTrax material to attach the trim which is better then anything else on the market in keep your trim from pulling out.

But while i have been happy with Globe for well over a decade, MP would suit me as well.

Forum Member

We just got new Janesville. I was a Globe man all my life, however, the Janesville gear we just got was lighter, and had better fit than the globe. We tested both manufacturers with the same shell, liner combo. Globe seemed to be a bit bulky. Honestly, all gear is bulky. But that really was our deciding factor
    Blandford Fire Department
    93 Main Street
    Blandford, Ma 01008

MembersZone Subscriber

I wore MP for several years with my old department. Had an issue with a zipper and a seam, but both were repaired quickly. Currently we wear Globe G-extreme and it has held up great, although I haven't worn it as much as the MP.

As for fit, I can't comment since I was measured for the MP gear and they just guessed, or issued what they had for the Globe.

Forum Member

Does anyone have any thoughts regarding FireDex gear?

Forum Member

Thumbs up

I just got done altering a set of Fire-Dex pants and they were the biggest boogers to deconstruct. That translates to a well built set of pants. Lock stitches and safety stitches on everything. Nothing wiz-bang flashy, just solid gear that will last for quite awhile without worry of seam failure. Features are pretty equal to all the other top Manufacturers and at a much lower price than the top guys. Hopefully there's a firefighter in here that's worn the gear and can give you feedback on fit and weight.

Forum Member

I THINK we are getting new Globe. I like it better than the Morning Pride we have.

Forum Member

We have just got in Fire-Dex, I will reply back when I get to put them on and try em out. They were the winners in our bidding and appear to be well built, heard some good things about them. Liked the design, construction and features. Our rep was straight forward, and answered all questions from our committee. I would recommend looking into them and all of them, do the research. Just a side note, we havent had a new set of gear in 12 years, so almost anything we got is better than what we've been using.

Forum Member

We just received Globe G-Excel, it does not seem as "baggy" as the g-extreme. I think as far as people saying my gear is heavy,hot, etc, that all goes back to you get what you spec. PBI is PBI, CRosstech is Crosstech, Stedair is Stedair regardless of the manufacturer.

I heard Fire-Dex won Virginia Beach but was axed 6 months into a 3 year contract. Anybody else heard the same?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by captainchaos View Post
    I heard Fire-Dex won Virginia Beach but was axed 6 months into a 3 year contract. Anybody else heard the same?
    Curious for what reasons(s).

Forum Member

I heard durability, but its just what I heard from a couple of people. They were Globe prior to Fire-Dex, so I dunno.

Forum Member

Default Could not find

I heard durability, but its just what I heard from a couple of people. They were Globe prior to Fire-Dex, so I dunno.
    I tried searching for it after you made mention. If you find anything let us know.

Forum Member

farmerfire send a message to DocVBFDE14 here on the forums. I believe he works at Virginia Beach and he might have some insight

Forum Member

farmerfire send a message to DocVBFDE14 here on the forums. I believe he works at Virginia Beach and he might have some insight
    Thanks I will ask

Forum Member

i have worn fire-dex and globe. I had the fire dex before the globe, and comparing the 2, the globe is a much better fit than the fire dex. Also it is lighter than the fire dex. the globe you can move better in it and i just like the way it feels and fits.

Forum Member

we have janesville bunker gear. and conway hats. very good gear and very comfortable. it's black but doesn't reallly affect us in the heat as much as you'd think.

Forum Member

have any of you heard of the new bunker gear company, i think its called veridian?

Thread Information