Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default DoD FF schedules

We have been trying to find this info online and so far have been unsuccessful so maybe you all can help. Is there someplace that we can see a list of what DoD departments have specific schedules?

Here at Rucker where we currently are active duty the stage fields are 18 hrs schedules and the main station is 24 on 24 off. The 18 hr schedule interests us the most and would like to find out if other departments offer the 18 hr schedule as well? Here are Rucker we have all the stagefields which allows for this but are there any others out there?

thanks!

Forum Member

Active Duty can probably work any schedule they can get approved. But civilians have to work 72 hours in a 7 day period or 144 hours in a 144 hour period or two weeks. As long as they work thos hours they can work any type of schedule they can get approved.

Forum Member

Fort rucker is the only place that dose 18hr shifts. Some departmants do 24hr or 48hr shifts. As me I like the 48hr shift the best.
    Last edited by panthers; 11-04-2009 at 12:12 AM.

Most Federal Departments work a variation of the 24 on, 24 off schedule, but many have been changing recently to 2/4 (48 on, 96 off.) While this sounds crazy, I have to believe that it blows the 24/24 schedule out of the water. There is only one possible way to describe 24/24: IT SUCKS. Every day you are either coming or going. There is never time to "reset" your body- for example if you pull a watch or have an incident in the middle of the night before you go home, you are practically no good your day off and spend half of it taking a nap.

If I had to take my pick of the 24/24 schedules, I would pick the 2 platoon, 1 on, 1 off with a 3 day break every 5 shifts (a "set.",) and a 5 day break every 4 sets.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Thank you! The 24/24 is very undesirable to us for those very reasons! We are ready to have some freedom back in our lives after being active duty. We have been told that getting into Rucker may be possible since he is already trained and ready to go but nothing is ever for sure. I think the 48/96 schedule would be SO much better then the 24/24! Anyone know what departments have the 48/96 schedule? We would like to stay in eaither Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama - something along those lines but we are willing to take what we can to get into the system if we are getting near departure time from the Army!

Quote Originally Posted by Kristmatt View Post
    Thank you! The 24/24 is very undesirable to us for those very reasons! We are ready to have some freedom back in our lives after being active duty. We have been told that getting into Rucker may be possible since he is already trained and ready to go but nothing is ever for sure. I think the 48/96 schedule would be SO much better then the 24/24! Anyone know what departments have the 48/96 schedule? We would like to stay in eaither Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama - something along those lines but we are willing to take what we can to get into the system if we are getting near departure time from the Army!
    Start calling departments you would like to consider and talk to the chief or the staff.. they can also give ya a heads up about if any openings are coming up soon and things they may be looking for.

Good Luck!

-Damien

Forum Member

Ok Thank you. We didnt know if that was OK to do as some of the apps talk about not contacting them through the process. I suppose it wont hurt to call around a bit.

thanks!

Forum Member

Cool SOP for 48/72 schedule?

My station (station 3) is currently going the motions of changing to the 48/72 schedule but we are lacking some good SOP's for the schedule. If any out there that is working this schedule and has a copy of their SOP's or SOG's for this schedule they could e-mail me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dusty L Bruce, BS
    White Sands Missile Range, Fire Dept
    Firefighter / EMT-I

dusty.bruce@us.army.mil
    Last edited by zeekmarine; 11-25-2009 at 01:52 PM. Reason: No E-mail address

Thread Information