Thread: WSI cutbacks

Forum Member

Default WSI cutbacks

Just thought that I'd let everyone know that was thinking about applying with WSI that we were told the other day that they sending a bunch of us out by the end of the month. We've heard anywhere from 70-350 people total. They asked for volunteers then are "randomly" picking people to send home starting the middle of the month.

So just in case I'm one of the unlucky ones, does anyone have any recruiter contacts? I (like everyone else in country I'm sure) have applied online to everyone in Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia. But I'm sure it would help to be able to contact an actual recruiter.

MembersZone Subscriber

This is very true. Sites have had apparatus pulled this week, meaning seats are being lost.This equals a loss of hours. Target dates are 16 Nov. and 1 Dec. Volunteers were asked for to DEMOB. Next step is anybody's guess. Looks like flooding the country with new hires when they were not needed is blowing up in everyone's face.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdluft View Post
    Looks like flooding the country with new hires when they were not needed is blowing up in everyone's face.
    It didn’t blow up in their face. Wsi KNEW they had to de-scope….. For MONTHS!!!!!! The big dogs at WSI look out for themselves and that’s a fact jack. It would have been too easy to stop bringing in new hires by the TRUCK LOAD. Now all of us are potentially out of a job… AND we will be losing our tax break. My hats off to WSI once again.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs down Who would have thunk it???

Yeah, I'm going to have to say that I'm glad that I'm glad I didn't go back over. What is happening with the tax break???

MembersZone Subscriber

I guess I should have said it blew up in our faces. The tax break deal is if we get sent home before we reach our 330 days out of the country. It has been painfully obvious that the talking heads and big-wigs were padding their own $$...everything's rosy during conf. calls, etc. Thanks, guys.

Forum Member

Listen guys I'm really sorry that it seems alot of you are going to get screwed, but you gotta read ALL the threads about WSI. Those of us who worked for them tried to tell you who it was you were getting into bed with. Almost from the very first post about Wack-my-nuts we told you the "leadership" is only out for themselves and will **ck you the first chance they get. The only people who do well over there are those who suck *** and stiff their colleagues at every turn....that's the Wack-my-nuts in Iraq way. Good luck to all of you. Oh yeah and don't count on your service in Iraq counting for much with other companies...WSI's modus operandi is well known by the other firms and employment with them means nothing in most cases.

Forum Member

Sure is quiet in here, but at least now I know why. It appears that the party's over, over there. On a lark I applied with WSI through Kris's email as directed. Low and behold his email must now be invalid because it was kicked back. So then I went to the usual job hunting webites that up to now were chock full of opening for WSI Iraq, and guess what not a one to be found. Well I guess the competition for the other contract gigs (especially Afghanistan) will really heat up now without WSI to swallow everyone up. Good hunting boys and girls. See ya in the next hot zone.

Cogs

MembersZone Subscriber

Kind of sad actually...I'm going to miss all the good stuff on firehouse, ha ha.

Forum Member

Default Adios

Pouring a 40 oz in memory of WSI. Rest in peace you fat turds.

Bobby Hill loves monkeys.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Outdispiece View Post
    Pouring a 40 oz in memory of WSI. Rest in peace you fat turds.

Bobby Hill loves monkeys.
    No, Gobbler, you love monkeys. Remember? I'm pretty sure I can find a picture of you having one sit on your arm....yeah, I've seen it. Bye WSI, we shall all miss your money....

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FFPCogs08 View Post
    Listen guys I'm really sorry that it seems alot of you are going to get screwed, but you gotta read ALL the threads about WSI. Those of us who worked for them tried to tell you who it was you were getting into bed with. Almost from the very first post about Wack-my-nuts we told you the "leadership" is only out for themselves and will **ck you the first chance they get. The only people who do well over there are those who suck *** and stiff their colleagues at every turn....that's the Wack-my-nuts in Iraq way. Good luck to all of you. Oh yeah and don't count on your service in Iraq counting for much with other companies...WSI's modus operandi is well known by the other firms and employment with them means nothing in most cases.
    I will 2nd that bro !

Thread Information