Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fort Hood

Forum Member

That was the idea of a Democrat Commander in Chief or under his Presidency,was it not?
    Either way,it's a bad idea.Now,if the people incarcerated had done something like face US troops in combat and survived the encounter,Hell yes lock them in camps where they get three hots and a cot and no duty days to worry about mucking up their weekend Liberty plans.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    One more thing...

I used to have a hard time understanding how the people of this country thought it was a good idea to put thousands of people in "camps" during WWII simply because of their nationality. I do not believe we should do that now, but I have a far greater understanding for their line of thinking.

MembersZone Subscriber

There are photos of this animal's business card where he puts initials standing for "Servant of Allah" on the card itself. Aside from the fact that this clearly demonstrates that this mutt is a terrorist, it also highlights the way that political correctness has run amok in the military.

I also just heard that he is paralyzed from the waist down. My heart bleeds.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    I also just heard that he is paralyzed from the waist down. My heart bleeds.
    Now he can sue for lost income as well.You can't do as many hits for Allah if you can't get away as fast in a wheelchair as you can in a car.
    Maybe he'd wouldn't think that as bad as being treated exclusively by women doctors and nurses who are rotated onto his floor when they "start".
    Last edited by doughesson; 11-13-2009 at 12:41 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    Now he can sue for lost income as well.You can't do as many hits for Allah if you can't get away as fast in a wheelchair as you can in a car.
    Maybe he'd wouldn't think that as bad as being treated exclusively by women doctors and nurses who are rotated onto his floor when they "start".
    Draw a pint from "Porky" and put it in his IV...

MembersZone Subscriber

"Political Theater"? This from the man who didn't wait a day to jump to racist conclusions about a police officer from Cambridge, MA and then turned it into a photo-op tailgate party.

- AP
    - November 14, 2009
    Obama Urges Congress to Delay Fort Hood Investigation

On an eight-day Asia trip, President Obama turned his attention home and pleaded for lawmakers to "resist the temptation to turn this tragic event into the political theater."

President Obama on Saturday urged Congress to hold off on any investigation of the Fort Hood rampage until federal law enforcement and military authorities have completed their probes into the shootings at the Texas Army post, which left 13 people dead.

On an eight-day Asia trip, Obama turned his attention home and pleaded for lawmakers to "resist the temptation to turn this tragic event into the political theater." He said those who died on the nation's largest Army post deserve justice, not political stagecraft.

"The stakes are far too high," Obama said in a video and Internet address released by the White House while the president he was flying from Tokyo to Singapore, where Pacific Rim countries were meeting.

Army psychiatrist Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, 39, was charged on Thursday with the shooting spree at Fort Hood last week. Army investigators have said Hasan is the only suspect and could face additional charges.

Obama already had ordered a review of all intelligence related to Hasan and whether the information was properly shared and acted upon within government agencies. Several members of Congress, particularly Michigan Rep. Peter Hoekstra, the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, have also called for a full examination of what agencies knew about Hasan's contacts with a radical Muslim cleric in Yemen and others of concern to the U.S.

Hoekstra confirmed this week that government officials knew of about 10 to 20 e-mails between Hasan and the radical imam, beginning in December 2008.

A joint terrorism task force overseen by the FBI learned late last year of Hasan's repeated contact with the cleric, who encouraged Muslims to kill U.S. troops in Iraq. The FBI said the task force did not refer early information about Hasan to superiors because it concluded he wasn't linked to terrorism.

Lawmakers, however, already have announced they want their own investigations and were frustrated with what they view as a less-than-forthcoming administration.

Rep. Howard McKeon, R-Calif., said he wanted to go ahead with an investigation from the House Armed Services Committee, where he is the top Republican. He said he wanted an investigation that wouldn't compromise law enforcement or military investigations that were continuing on separate tracks.

In the Senate, Sen. Joe Lieberman, a Connecticut independent, said his Homeland Security Committee was opening an investigation.

Obama said he was not opposed to hearings -- eventually. But he strongly pressed lawmakers to hold off until the probes now under way are completed.

"There is an ongoing investigation into this terrible tragedy," Obama said. "That investigation will look at the motives of the alleged gunman, including his views and contacts."

"We must compile every piece of information that was known about the gunman, and we must learn what was done with that information. Once we have those facts, we must act upon them."
    One term. That's it. Guaranteed.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pvfd27 View Post
    Draw a pint from "Porky" and put it in his IV...
    Or just TELL him that you did.
    You might guess that I like being on the giving end of mind games.Not saying I can dish it but can't take it.I just don't like taking mind games because then I have to come up with ways to turn it back on the giver and I ain't got time for that.

MembersZone Subscriber

One thing that I don't think has been brought up here is the problem of "home grown terrorists" Both the London bombings and the Madrid bombings involved people who had been born in and lived their entire lives there.
    The US is a far bigger target and with PC running amok, there's a decent chance that this could be repeated. Military, police, any emergency services could be a target as well as medical centers such as hospitals or teaching universities. Not sure what the answer is or will be, but I think agencies need to be a bit more aware of some of the mosques and the people running or teaching in them to catch wind of something like this before it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanLoader View Post
    One thing that I don't think has been brought up here is the problem of "home grown terrorists" Both the London bombings and the Madrid bombings involved people who had been born in and lived their entire lives there.
    The US is a far bigger target and with PC running amok, there's a decent chance that this could be repeated. Military, police, any emergency services could be a target as well as medical centers such as hospitals or teaching universities. Not sure what the answer is or will be, but I think agencies need to be a bit more aware of some of the mosques and the people running or teaching in them to catch wind of something like this before it happens.
    I don't think this made the big news in Iraq, but there was a crackdown not shortly after the Ft Hood attack. It's not related, but the timing is interesting.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...d_to_iran.html
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    I don't think this made the big news in Iraq, but there was a crackdown not shortly after the Ft Hood attack. It's not related, but the timing is interesting.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...d_to_iran.html
    Thanks for the link Ken. I had seen this on the news, hopefully it puts a dent in Irans efforts in the US, because I will guarantee you, they are there. I do think there is going to have to be a heightened awareness of anyone who seems to be a bit too radical, no matter what side of the spectrum they are on.

Thread Information