Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default A glimmer of hope?

So I got a phone call a couple of days ago from an AFG rep. I would have posted this earlier, but haven't had the time. He asked me several questions about my Admin and training costs--he seemed to like my justifications for both.

He couldn't (wouldn't) tell me anything specific about my grant other than saying we had a "very good grant." I asked if 1199s were going out anytime soon...he then asked me if anything had changed on mine since last year (got a grant last year)--when I said no, he then told me that I wouldn't be hearing anything during the 1199 mail out (I presume he took care of that at that moment?). Anyway, I then asked about Round 1 and he said it's looking very good for early to mid-December...

I thought some of you would be interested in this...I don't know if it helps anybody's anxiety level but it's something!

MembersZone Subscriber

For depts awarded before, there's usually no CONTACT about the 1199A. But...if you look at the 1199A on the first grant you were awarded, the new award number will show up on that list. That's what we're all looking at!! Now...check on yours!!!!!
    earl

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Greenacres2 View Post
    For depts awarded before, there's usually no CONTACT about the 1199A. But...if you look at the 1199A on the first grant you were awarded, the new award number will show up on that list. That's what we're all looking at!! Now...check on yours!!!!!
    earl
    I got three grants last year, never heard from a rep...weird I know.

Forum Member

Only time I've spoken to a rep is for App questions and to discuss grant reductions.. helpful, but not always consistent..
    Strange how sometimes positions/opinions/directions change depending on who you get on the phone..

.. now back to checking for a new 1199... ;-)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainReb22 View Post
    I got three grants last year, never heard from a rep...weird I know.
    I guess instead of saying we are checking for 1199's, we should be saying that we are checking for 09 award numbers on our original 1199 form.

Forum Member

Default questionable? maybe not.

This is interesting. Since he was talking to you about a '09 application. The timeline about fits, but we've been jerked around on this before. Several times. Though I imagine AFG is begining to run outa time themselves.
    Yes, interesting to say the least and I would say looks positive for you.

(The Oklahoma Sooners are gonna make us their b*&ches today.)

Forum Member

Ok, I feel like an idiot asking this but, where do you look for the 1199 information? I wasn't involved with the grants when we were awarded the first one. Thanks for the help...

Forum Member

The first year that you were awarded, you had to do an 1199 form. For instance. The first year our department was awarded was in 2002. So when I sign in to my applications, it shows all that I have applied for. I click in the drop down box that normally says view application for the 2002 app and choose view 1199A. Once you choose that, select go, and it will bring up the direct deposit sign up form with all of the award numbers that your department has received. For this years app, you will be looking for a number beginning with EMW-2009-xxxxxx. Hope this helps you out.

kelly

Forum Member

Thanks, Kelly!!!

Forum Member

Default AFG website

I logged in to the AFG website on Saturday and it had me confirm all of my contact information. Is this a possible sign of a pending award or normal procedure? The last time I logged in was about a week before.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by imafireman View Post
    The first year that you were awarded, you had to do an 1199 form. For instance. The first year our department was awarded was in 2002. So when I sign in to my applications, it shows all that I have applied for. I click in the drop down box that normally says view application for the 2002 app and choose view 1199A.
    kelly
    Strange. We had an award in 2003 and it doesn't show up in our status.

Quote Originally Posted by indiana_ff_emt View Post
    I logged in to the AFG website on Saturday and it had me confirm all of my contact information. Is this a possible sign of a pending award or normal procedure? The last time I logged in was about a week before.
    Nope, really doesn't mean a thing. It is a routine process that they do for all accounts, regardless of grant status.....

Forum Member

Wink Not really.

It did the same to me around six weeks ago. The last time however was just before the announcement of the '09 AFG dates. We were squirming around then too. So when I logged in six weeks ago and it asked for updated information, I began to get excited thinking maybe this time it meant something like what happened last time.

Well I'm still waiting. The posters here said the same thing. It doesn't mean anything. It doesn't. Except maybe this time!!!!!!!

Forum Member

Strange. We had an award in 2003 and it doesn't show up in our status.
    Is that the first year your department was awarded? Does a view 1199A show up in the drop down. If it doesnt, go through the other years that you applied and see if the view 1199A appears in any of them. If you all received money through this program, that 1199A form has to be ther somewhere.

Kelly

MembersZone Subscriber

Okay, so I have another question regarding an observation on my account. I am the OP on this thread, where I mentioned that I got a phone call from an AFG rep...

Okay, so I do not have a new award number on my 1199 yet...however, my budget has been changed. It has been slightly cut from the 50k I asked for to 46k and change...and there's even an explanation on some of it (not all but some).

Would someone like to explain this? Does this usually happen? I'd say it's a heckuva good sign! But I don't want to get my hopes up.

PS: Several of the departments I wrote for have "adjusted" budget pages--someone tell me why this is nothing to get excited about! My heart rate is way too high right now! Thanks.
    Last edited by CaptainReb22; 11-09-2009 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Update

MembersZone Subscriber mmcneill's Avatar

Okay, so I have another question regarding an observation on my account. I am the OP on this thread, where I mentioned that I got a phone call from an AFG rep...

Okay, so I do not have a new award number on my 1199 yet...however, my budget has been changed. It has been slightly cut from the 50k I asked for to 46k and change...and there's even an explanation on some of it (not all but some).

Would someone like to explain this? Does this usually happen? I'd say it's a heckuva good sign! But I don't want to get my hopes up.

PS: Several of the departments I wrote for have "adjusted" budget pages--someone tell me why this is nothing to get excited about! My heart rate is way too high right now! Thanks.
    OK...I just checked mine and I found the same thing. My Ops App has been reduced by 27K.

I have not compared all of the line items yet to see where the cuts have been made.

Could this be the start of something??????
    Last edited by mmcneill; 11-09-2009 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Corrected amount of reduction

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mmcneill View Post
    OK...I just checked mine and I found the same thing. My Ops App has been reduced by 30K.

I have not compared all of the line items yet to see where the cuts have been made.

I don't know about you mmcneill, but I don't mind if they cut a dollar or two (or three for that matter) as long as they'll just hurry up and award whatever they are planning to leave!

Quote Originally Posted by mmcneill View Post
    OK...I just checked mine and I found the same thing. My Ops App has been reduced by 30K.

I just checked my FV app and that number has not been changed. This would lead me to believe they are looking at my Ops app for funding......Hopeful anyway

I don't know about you mmcneill, but I don't mind if they cut a dollar or two (or three for that matter) as long as they'll just hurry up and award whatever they are planning to leave!
    I can live with what is still showing

I had not even looked at the budget figures until you posted.

Forum Member

Smile

ME TOO! went from $320,00 to $275,00 on my FV and $77,948 to 77,500 on my FO... im sure i am running a good sinus tach at about 160 right now!! ha ha ha please tell me this is a good thing???

Thread Information