+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... Last
    Forum Member

Default FIT-5 is now the FIT-PRO

I have read that there is a name change based on some upgrade to the ignitor.

Any info on this?

Has anyone used this device lately?

Forum Member

Name change was a feature upgrade. That will be an extra hundred dollars thank you very much.

MembersZone Subscriber

It's still a dangerous piece of *****.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Forum Member

Couldn't agree more. The FD in my hometown put on a demo using these and the word I got back is they didn't work well.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    Just curious, how is something that could slow the advance of a fire dangerous????

Forum Member

I have heard some great things about these devices and I have also heard of a few failures.

Maybe the upgrade is adressing the failures? Any one know why the ignitier was changed? Anything to do with any problems?

Their website does not seem very specific as to the why.

Back In Black

Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Just curious, how is something that could slow the advance of a fire dangerous????
    Shouldn't you be working?
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Forum Member

Translation: "Let's start another 15 page argument about something I don't know jack **** about!!!!!"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    But it makes a very good wheel chock.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Go breath some halon, then come back and tell me that items that slow the progress of fire cant be dangerous.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Forum Member

Popcorn! Peanuts! Hot Dogs! Ice Cold BEER! Programs! Souvenirs! Don't leave the fight without a memento!!
    "I've met lots of volunteer firefighters, but I've never seen a volunteer fire!"
    - R. MacLeod, Alma VFD

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GTRider245 View Post
    Go breath some halon, then come back and tell me that items that slow the progress of fire cant be dangerous.
    Better yet, some Halon that has been chemically altered by being introduced to combustion.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Back In Black

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Better yet, some Halon that has been chemically altered by being introduced to combustion.
    Guys, you cannot expect him to understand. He's not even a firefighter.

I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DubyaVFF View Post
    Popcorn! Peanuts! Hot Dogs! Ice Cold BEER! Programs! Souvenirs! Don't leave the fight without a memento!!
    Give me two beers, two dogs with the works and a program!

The named it the "Fit Pro" so it better rhymes with "Gizmo".
    Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 11-12-2009 at 06:34 PM.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Popcorn! Get your popcorn! T.c.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    I have some crumbling asbestos he can sniff too. That stuff doesn't burn so it must be better for me than vegetables.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    Shouldn't you be working?
    Working now....Just waiting for the system to process the stuff so I can work on it. I'm not a 9 to 5 kind of guy

Banned

Funny, no one seems to have noticed how odd the first two posts look. Both from posters who have low counts. Don't you guys see these two (if they are two different people) are representing the company?

Forum Member

Funny, no one seems to have noticed how odd the first two posts look. Both from posters who have low counts. Don't you guys see these two (if they are two different people) are representing the company?
    You're just catching on to that fact?
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleman View Post
    Translation: "Let's start another 15 page argument about something I don't know jack **** about!!!!!"
    Hahahahahah! Jesus, your killing me, I just spilled my beer. You just hit the nail on the head

Hey DubyaVFF, I take another cold one, and do you have any pizza?

Stay Safe
    Bull
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

MembersZone Subscriber

They were just talking about the name change, and how that means it will perform better.

If the Fit-5/pro/whatever is anything like you then it won't matter how many times it comes back with a new name. It will still suck...
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Some Guy

I always liked:

Cigarettes, novelties, party tricks.
    This space for rent

Forum Member

ok out of curiosity and not and ignorance im gonna ask this because i dont totally understand how the thing works so i don't know why it is so dangerous/bad. so other than the fact that the thing is essentially a "disposable" dry chem device that get thrown in before you make entry what exactly is so bad about it i dont quite understand what is so bad about it ... other than it is ridiculously over priced
    ~Big O~

Tankers have wheels and carry water, Tenders are breaded and served with BBQ sauce

(if you don't believe me Google it)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoosemanKBB527 View Post
    ok out of curiosity and not and ignorance im gonna ask this because i dont totally understand how the thing works so i don't know why it is so dangerous/bad. so other than the fact that the thing is essentially a "disposable" dry chem device that get thrown in before you make entry what exactly is so bad about it i dont quite understand what is so bad about it ... other than it is ridiculously over priced
    Read the instructions for use of the "gizmo".. it is self explanatory!
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by MoosemanKBB527 View Post
    Tell you what...you go back and read the other umpty-billion threads on this subject and then come back and ask this question. All you are doing here is trying to start the argument all over again.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... Last

Thread Information