Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience

View Poll Results: What do you think about my "Fire Fighter" song?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's Ok.

1 20.00%
  • I like guitar the best.

0 0%
  • I like the lyrics the best.

0 0%
  • I think the whole songs kicks ***!!!

1 20.00%
  • I don't like it. Because?

3 60.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello

tigger
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile Looking for some new friends

Hi! I am a resident firefighter with a county fire district in Washington. I have been volunteering for a couple of years, so I still have a lot to learn. I am 'addicted' to firefighting and EMS, I wouldn't want to do anything else! I would love to hear from some of you.

P.S. Any of you interested in Jeeps? (CJ's)???

[This message has been edited by tigger (edited June 01, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by tigger (edited June 02, 2000).]

rescue3
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

hi there and welcome to the forums! i am a volly in a rural town in western mass. i am young and i also have a lot to learn. if you are addicted to firefighting and EMS, after coming to this place, you may never step out if your house again (except to go on calls of course). you have come to the right place to meet people, feel free to email me anytime, i love to chat with other ff's. stay safe and have a great weekend.

------------------
    § rescue3 §
    "you go...we go"

tigger
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

rescue3,
    Thanks for the welcome, I am excited to meet new people here, who share the same interests as I do. (Firefighting/EMS: is there anything else in life?)
    Be safe!

tigger

------------------
    Pull to the Right for Sirens & Lights!

tracker
    Firehouse.com Guest

I have been an EMT for 6 years, working mostly with Search and Rescue and in the Emergency Room. I was just recruited to volunteer with a small rural fire dept. in our town. They have provided me with all the gear, etc., but I'm wondering... where should I start with training. As far as EMS is concerned, I'm okay, but if they put a hose in my hands, I think I'll be pretty lost. I love Emergency work, but don't want to look stupid when they say turn on the H2O.
    Looking forward to comments. Kitty

------------------
    Support Search and Rescue, Get Lost!!!

tigger
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

Kitty,

Welcome! Your new department should have some sort of training for you. Each department is different, some train in-house, some will send you to a recruit academy. The first department I was with (in Colorado) held the recruit class at the station, and the department I am with now sent us to a region recruit school.
    Everything may seem a bit overwhelming at first, but before you know it, you'll be teaching someone else.
    Some people prefer one of either fire or EMS, but I love both, I wouldn't want to do just one of them.
    There is always something new to learn. Like I said, I am still fairly "green", but if you have any questions, I'd be glad to help.
    Be safe,
    tigger

------------------

firefly1361
    Firehouse.com Guest

Tigger,

Welcome to one of the best places in the Net. I'm a volley in a small town in Maryland and I work for a private ambulance company. I love the fire dept both the fire and ems side. This place is addicting and its a great place to meet new people and catch up with old friends. Its also a great place to discuss the topics that affect the world of fire and ems. Feel free to E-mail me or AOL IM me or ICQ me.

Heather Helm
    Gamber and Community Fire Company
    Carroll County Co.13

AOL firefly1361
    ICQ # 9805135
    email firefly1361@hotmail.com

------------------
    "If You go, We go"

tigger
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Firefly 1361,
    Thank you very much for the welcome! This place IS very addicting!
    I am learning just how different each department really is, it's great to follow & learn!
    Take care & be safe!
    tigger

------------------

Les.H
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hi and welcome aboard.

As has been stated already, this is a very good site for catching up on relevant information and meeting new friends from all over the world.

The site can be very addictive and 'er in doors' keeps moaning about the amount of time that I spend here. Good job I can access the site from work, much better.

One thing about 'Mr Fire', you will never know it all. There is so much to study.

The main points to remember - How he moves in those mysterious ways, that he changes environments in seconds, what his favorite foods are and the speed that he travels.

There is also the fire prevention side - how to make life difficult for 'Mr Fire' and the investigation side - tracking down his footprints. Treat him like a wild animal, with great respect, and you won't get your butt bitten.

------------------
    Kindest regards & keep safe,

Sprinkle (UK)

tigger
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

Les.H,
    Thank you! Yes, I have found these forums very informative & entertaining.
    I definitely agree with you, fire should be respected, & also, fire prevention os our #1 job!
    Thanks again & be safe!
    tigger

------------------

BISCUIT
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

What's up Tigger...nice to meet you.

Be safe.

You go...We go

Biscuit

NTCFD_Lieut
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

Tigger

Welcome aboard... I'm a 15year vet in the Fire and EMS fields... Currently serving as a Battalion Chief (Department Safety Officer) with a Vol Department here in Western Utah.. Been at this a LONG time now and still learning something new everyday..

Stay safe!!

------------------
    James "Doc" Tarpley
    Battalion Chief
    Department Safety Officer
    North Tooele County VFD

tigger
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

Thank you, to Biscuit & "Doc"!

tigger

------------------

craig7404
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Hello Tigger from East Texas.

------------------
    Good Luck And Be Safe
    Captain
    Craig Lambert
    Harmony Consolidated
    Volunteer Fire Department

Sfrsc4
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

Hey buddy boy, I think I seen you some where before. Being in forums is what we do the bestest.
    TTFN.
    Stay Safe!

------------------
    Roger Ellis, Capt. Speedway Fire/Rescue
    http://speedwayfire.8m.com
    ICQ#: 61722026

Forum Member

Default Nice to meet you...

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to take a minute and say hello. I am a new member on this forum, and have found it very informative.

I am in the middle of a change from one job to another. I have spent the last 11 years as a police officer, and as of December 1st, I will be transfering to my local fire department as a FF/EMT. This has been a long decision making process, but in the end, I think I will be rewarded by making the switch.

I hope to enhance my skills at paramedic school after completing my basic firefighting training. I look forward to the challenges, and the opportunity to use the teamwork, and people skills I have developed, with my new department.

Feel free to say hello.

PD2FD

Default Newbie Checking In...

Hey all,

New guy checking in here. I signed up a long time ago, but just started looking at the forums here recently. I'm a former paid-on-call firefighter from Woodbury, MN. I did a stint as a lieutenant but spent most of my time as an engineer. Currently I work for Waterous as a service & training tech for all of our pumps and foam systems.

I imagine I'll hang out in the vehicle operations & engineers section around here for the most part, so if you have any pump or foam system questions don't be afraid to throw 'em at me!
    Just a guy...

Lieutenant - Woodbury, MN FD (Retired)
    Road Captain - Red Knights MC, MN4

Disclaimer: The facts and opinions expressed above are mine, and mine alone, and are not intended to represent the views of any company I have ever worked for, past or present.

Forum Member

Default Hi everyone

From the chief of ACM Wildland Fire feel free to contact me at yahoo acmwildland

Forum Member

Default Hi

Hi newbe
    from acm wildland fire service

Forum Member

Welcome newbie John. Share your experience here, often.

Forum Member

Default fng from ohio

Hey all my name is Jon i'm a firefighter/emt at a combination dept near cleveland ohio. I'm in medic school and should be finishing up in about 3 more months. can't wait to be done

Thread Information