Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Thread: Metro Hiring?

Forum Member

Default Metro Hiring?

Last edited by wilson247; 12-05-2009 at 09:51 AM.

Forum Member

Cool Maybe.......

Rumor, and I repeat rumor..... is that Chief Halford has applied for a grant and is expected to get it, to hire 40 Firefighters from the existing list this spring, then compile a new list due to the fact that the time limit for the existing list will expire, then hire another 40 firefighters from the new list in the fall. Remember, with Nashville Fire Dept., believe it when you see it in writing, until then it is just a rumor or hear-say. I hope they do hire again soon and goodluck!

MembersZone Subscriber

newschannel5 had an article about the grant and states its possibly for 80 positions. When i applied for the last list that is in effect now i was not an emt-iv then but am now. I know that they give hiring preference to those with emt cert already b/c i remember it asked you to check on the online app if you already had emt. How would i let them no that i now have emt hr tells me its up to the fd to make hiring decisions so i dont know how to go about updating my app. Also does anyony know actually who makes the final picking from the list of who to hire and do they go by ones ranking on the list or do they pick who they want no matter what they ranked on the list

Forum Member

Default Letters

Heard letters went out to a good number- didn't get one so can't verify exactly or say how many etc. Heard letter warns of layoffs of if later grant is not received.

If anyone has better info please post. I'll be hoping for no show's and such, and that they pull in some alternates this time. Best of luck to those who want it and got on.

Forum Member

Default nashville fire hire

On june 8th, NFD had a meeting with invited new hires. Was set for @ 50 new hires throught the city budget, and 80 through a grant. 101 people showed. The city budget folks start in August, and the grant people, if it comes through, would be October or November. Unknown if they will replace the ones that did not show up, or ones that will decline the position, but it did not sound like it. The current listed expires the end of this month (June), and they stated if the grant does not go through, all would have to reapply, and the tryout processes would be likely the first half of new year.

MembersZone Subscriber

does anyone know if they picked according to scores on the list from 07 or jumped around on the list for who they wanted and was everyone picked already tn emt or was there some with no training. Just curious to how those chosen were notified;mail,email, or phone.

Forum Member

Default picks

The picked off the list, everyone I talked to made a 9 of 10 on the 2007 test. Some (like myself) had experience, some did not. Some were EMTs, some were not.

People were notified by mail and email. Many, like myself, were sent letters in the mail, to old addresses, even when I updated my info. I heard this from many people. I actually almost missed my chance, I hadn't checked my old email in months, when I did, the meeting was a couple of days away.

Thread Information