Forum Member

Default Second Round of Station Grants Soon?

Last Friday I noticed an 1199 update for my Fire Station Construction Grant. It was not there on Thusday so I assume that some updates were done that night. Did anyone else receive one? One last quick question, for those that were awarded in round 1, how long prior to your official award did you receive your 1199 update?

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Was supposed to be listed last Friday, but with the Closeout Report problems it's been pushed a little. Unknown whether this Friday will be the day or not.

Forum Member

Kurt

Thanks for the information. Would you happen to know how many departments will be awarded in round two?

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Kurt's Ktb, I R Brian, BC79er.

Not sure on number but was supposed to be about $15 million worth.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalFD View Post
    One last quick question, for those that were awarded in round 1, how long prior to your official award did you receive your 1199 update?
    Round 1 awardees saw 1199As the week prior to awards.

Forum Member

when i called DHS yesterday i asked how many rounds there are going to be and was told two maybe three if there is left over money

Forum Member

... how long prior to your official award did you receive your 1199 update?
    We got our 1199 notify on 9/11 and our "official" award date from FEMA was on 9/25. Word from our Congressman came about midway between the two.

Forum Member

Thanks for all of the info...... Maybe this Friday will be the day!

MembersZone Subscriber

Kurt

Thanks for the information. Would you happen to know how many departments will be awarded in round two?
    I believe there were a 110 grants awarded in first round so that would leave about 40 to go
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

Round 1: 96 awards for $165,718,982

Funding Available: $210,000,000

Less: $25,809,000 for contingencies & admin. fees

Leaves: $18,472,018 for future rounds.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

Question for all you grant guru types...if you currently have an active AFG grant award (we had one in '08, still in performance period), will they ask you to submit the 1199a form again? Or will they use the information you have on your current, still active grant?

I'm asking because we have an SCG application that appears to be under review, i.e., they have contacted us two or three times already requesting details, documents, asking for clarification on some items, etc. Should I be looking for the 1199a or would they just refer to the current one on file?

The sitting on pins and needles is killing me....
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

FH Mag/.com Contributor

They'd "reuse" the 2008 by adding the FSC app # to that View 1199A link. If you're in the same bucket as NorCal it might be there now if you haven't checked. Wouldn't fret if it isn't, they're going over these with a fine toothed comb so each app is happening at it's own pace.

Forum Member

Round 1 SCG awardee but still waiting for any action. Environmental paperwork is supposedly under review, but still zero communication from DHS about final budget. And, since there was a significant cut in the award vs. the application, it's impossible to do anything now but continue to wait. So much for getting these projects off the ground quickly! Anybody else from Round 1 seen any progress so far?

Forum Member

For those of who you have gone through technical review for station construction, which came first?

1. Phone call from FEMA asking for design drawings, etc...

or

2. budget reductions on your online application

MembersZone Subscriber
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

Quote Originally Posted by davepa View Post
    For those of who you have gone through technical review for station construction, which came first?

or

I haven't received a phone call in any case. I have received a couple of e-mails. The first asked us to send in a copy of the land deed ( to prove we own the proposed site, I guess), photos of the site, stamped architectural drawings of the proposed station, detailed budget, documentation of the environmental study and planning/zoning approvals, and a few other odds and ends. All this was provided within a week. That was early October.

Then, last week got another e-mail asking for some clarification on the budget and also asking if we had received any federal assistance following Hurricane Gustav in 2008 (which we had not). Provided this information and that's the last I've heard.

So, I guess we're still under technical review at this time (which is a good thing )

I haven't received anything about budget reduction. I guess getting that communication would be a good thing, too, because if they're wanting to discuss reducing your budget they'd have to have decided to give you one first, right?
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by davepa View Post

or

For me; phone call and email from FEMA came way before the budget reductions.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Co59Bob View Post
    For me; phone call and email from FEMA came way before the budget reductions.
    Same here. We sent in all the requested information and the reduction was a couple of weeks later, 1199 a month or so after reductions..

Forum Member

Has FEMA issued any DJ's on this program yet? Didn't reallly expect to be awarded, and I figured that a DJ would be here by now...
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

George S. Patton

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Didn't even see Round 2 posted yet, thought it was coming on Friday. Details.

Forum Member

Default construction grants

were do you find out what the status is on the construction grants.

Forum Member

Default SCG Grants

Below is an e mail request, due sept 11, i received from fire grant support 2 weeks prior to posting of the first round of SCG grants. After we were not included in the award of round 1 they asked for a very detailed SCG Budget breakdown requested oct 4th. I assumed this was nothing to get to excited about being that it was just under review. Is this pretty typical requests and timelines that other SCG applicants have seen?

We were told the awards would be out before the end of the year on round 2. Does anyone have anymore info on this?

In order to better assess the merits of your request, we need you to submit:

* Copy of the Request for Bids (including any legal notices published)
    * Copy of the list of bidders
    * Copy of the winning bid/contract
    * Copy of the proposed construction schedule
    * Copy of the proposed payment schedule
    * Contact information for the local building inspection office
    * Copy of the proposed inspection schedule
    * Copy of building permit
    * Copy of the planning/zoning approvals (if separate from the building permit)
    * GPS coordinates of the proposed building site
    * Picture of the proposed building site
    * Copy of the deed to the property (or other proof of ownership such as an affidavit from the assessor’s office)
    * Copy of the engineered/architectural stamped drawings (do not send overlaps of multiple systems drawings)
    * Copy of any Environmental Assessments or Environmental Impact studies
    * Roster of firefighters with the level of training certification/proficiency

FH Mag/.com Contributor

15 awards are in Round 2, announcement to appear shortly.

Forum Member

Will there be more to follow or does Round 2 = Round Final?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 906er View Post
    Below is an e mail request, due sept 11, i received from fire grant support 2 weeks prior to posting of the first round of SCG grants. After we were not included in the award of round 1 they asked for a very detailed SCG Budget breakdown requested oct 4th. I assumed this was nothing to get to excited about being that it was just under review. Is this pretty typical requests and timelines that other SCG applicants have seen?

We were told the awards would be out before the end of the year on round 2. Does anyone have anymore info on this?

In order to better assess the merits of your request, we need you to submit:

* Copy of the Request for Bids (including any legal notices published)
    * Copy of the list of bidders
    * Copy of the winning bid/contract
    * Copy of the proposed construction schedule
    * Copy of the proposed payment schedule
    * Contact information for the local building inspection office
    * Copy of the proposed inspection schedule
    * Copy of building permit
    * Copy of the planning/zoning approvals (if separate from the building permit)
    * GPS coordinates of the proposed building site
    * Picture of the proposed building site
    * Copy of the deed to the property (or other proof of ownership such as an affidavit from the assessor’s office)
    * Copy of the engineered/architectural stamped drawings (do not send overlaps of multiple systems drawings)
    * Copy of any Environmental Assessments or Environmental Impact studies
    * Roster of firefighters with the level of training certification/proficiency
    Dude, I thought that if they sent an email requesting this information that you were in the running. I would say if you haven't received notification of being turned down your still in the running. With the lengthy delays in every department of FEMA grants, SCG is probably too. Especially since they got the first round out to take advantage of the political end.

As Kurt is always saying, no bad news is good news. But what do I know! I'm always missing the obvious.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

There is a contingency pile, but looks like a Round 3 will be out eventually.

Thread Information