Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Norfolk VA Hiring process?

Does anyone have any information on how there hiring process is (test difficulty, physical, etc.) Taking the test in january of next year. Just looking for some insight. Thanks.

eB
    Forum Member

The written exam is fairly simple, although I did fail it the first time around. It is a test that just involves logical thinking. I will admit some of the questions are confusing and sometimes it will feel like there could be more than one answer. After that is the Physical agility test. It is not too hard. Some of the trials include going up and down steps with a hose over your shoulder and a weight vest on and a helmet. Another tests involves raising and lowering a ladder. You have to hit a tire I believe across a platform with a sledgehammer and you have to drag a 180 lbs or so dummy across a finish line. After that you will have to climb up and down an actual ladder that is connected to a fire truck in a certain amount of time. The last trial if I remember correctly is you wear an oxygen mask that is basically blacked out by tape so you cannot see and you have to crawl through a maze blind. Then there is the BPAD. This test involves being video taped while interacting with a video that will be played for you. Basically the video gives you several different scenarios and you have to respond and act like you are actually in that situation. It is awkward, when I took it I just tried to pretend like I was not being recorded. If you have any other questions let me know.
    Last edited by eB; 11-18-2009 at 04:01 PM.

Forum Member

thanks for the insight How long after the test is the physical agility test? and how long do you have to complete it?

eB
    Forum Member

My memory is a little bit hazy since it has been two years. However, I believe I took the physical agility test within a week or so of taking the written exam...I think. I can tell you it was not long after. Are you asking about what passing time is for the agility test?

Thread Information