Forum Member

Default how should the fdny/nypd handle terrorists being

Brought into the city. Members say they will protest. I think they take it a step further and collectively block the streets and not let them in. Obama is turning this into a circus.

Forum Member

Well I think this sounds like a great training opportunity for some NYPD ESU snipers.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

Talking and being able to work together would probably be a pretty good first step.

MembersZone Subscriber

As unlikely as an all out blockade is, I know that I'd be proud to stand with the FDNY and NYPD in the streets if that was to actually happen. I could see a pretty decent road trip crew visiting the Big Apple.

It would be great if someone in the know would post some protest times and locations.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Talking and being able to work together would probably be a pretty good first step.
    Oh thats rich. And your extensive knowledge of the inner workings of the NYPD and FDNY enabled you to come up with that brilliant response?
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

Forgive my ignorance, is there an artical I can read about this? Is this a situation that is about to occur or is this discussion hypothetical?
    "You see things and you ask, 'Why'? I dream of things that never were and I say, 'Why not'?

"I used to work in a fire hydrant factory. You couldn't park anywhere near the place."

"When you are kind to someone in trouble, you hope they'll remember and be kind to someone else. And it'll become like a wildfire."

MembersZone Subscriber

I can understand and sympathise with feelings from FDNY and NYPD along with many citizens of NYC who lost close friends, relatives and colleagues in 9-11. Maybe all need think about the potential ramifications here. If, and I mean a big IF, members block streets in an illegal blockade, you put yourself directly across from your own colleagues and possibly friends who could be ordered to keep the streets clear. Anybody remember Kent State and the late 60s. Do you really want to portray your services in that light? Peaceful civic disobediance will be acceptable, blockading streets will not be.

MembersZone Subscriber

Exclamation

Let them in! Just don't let them out alive!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by SIMP0LMAN View Post
    Let them in! Just don't let them out alive!
    Thats simplistic jingoistic nonsense and you know it. They are going to come in, thats settled. Give them a trial then put them in a supermax prison for the rest of their natural twisted lives. Do not let them achieve martyrdom by executing them! Keep them alive and let them thank Allah every day for the garbage that their twisted minds have made of Islam. May they rot in hell on a spit with a pork roast beside them until the end of time.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BryanLoader View Post
    I can understand and sympathise with feelings from FDNY and NYPD along with many citizens of NYC who lost close friends, relatives and colleagues in 9-11. Maybe all need think about the potential ramifications here. If, and I mean a big IF, members block streets in an illegal blockade, you put yourself directly across from your own colleagues and possibly friends who could be ordered to keep the streets clear. Anybody remember Kent State and the late 60s. Do you really want to portray your services in that light? Peaceful civic disobediance will be acceptable, blockading streets will not be.
    Trust me when I say, this is not just a friends and relatives issue. This is a statement about who we are and where this nation is heading. The last thing we want/need in NYC or any other city in the USA to end up like Londonistan, where terrorists can hide in plain sight. We have become so democratic that we are endangering our own people. And I'm certain no one is speaking of violent protest, rock throwing or the like, but peaceful sit ins and blockades do not have to only be the tool of the Liberal Tree Huggers.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CdnFD24 View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, is there an artical I can read about this? Is this a situation that is about to occur or is this discussion hypothetical?

http://www.wesurroundrochester.com/m...thread=8086850

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by neversaydie69 View Post
    How should the FDNY/NYPD handle terrorists being brought into the city...
    By simply doing their jobs.

Remember, the US is supposed to be the good guys. We're supposed to be better than them.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post

Remember, the US is supposed to be the good guys. We're supposed to be better than them.
    I'll second this motion
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Forum Member

Emotionally charged issue, no doubt.

+1
    Remember KQJ943

Forum Member

Brought into the city. Members say they will protest. I think they take it a step further and collectively block the streets and not let them in. Obama is turning this into a circus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bones42

Absolutely!

And to the original poster, how is this being turned into a circus by Obama? By having the hearings held in the jurisdiction that the crime occured? Last I heard, that was the way criminal law worked.

The real circus will be created by members who although deeply emotionally involved need to remember they are riding fire apparatus, not running the city. This will create nothing more than brother against brother and will have no positive outcome for anyone involved.
    RK
    cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MemphisE34a View Post
    Absolutely!

And to the original poster, how is this being turned into a circus by Obama? By having the hearings held in the jurisdiction that the crime occured? Last I heard, that was the way criminal law worked.

The real circus will be created by members who although deeply emotionally involved need to remember they are riding fire apparatus, not running the city. This will create nothing more than brother against brother and will have no positive outcome for anyone involved.
    simple, these people weren't caught inside the country. they committed an act of war against this country. they need to tried by a military tribunal, plain and simple. that's the way the law works. there is no need to bring these scum bags back to new york. i guess unless you knew someone who was killed in the attack, you don't understand how it affects people.
    Last edited by neversaydie69; 11-23-2009 at 01:46 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

simple, these people weren't caught inside the country. they committed an act of war against this country. they need to tried by a military tribunal, plain and simple. that's the way the law works. there is no need to bring these scum bags back to new york. i guess unless you knew someone who was killed in the attack, you don't understand how it affects people.
    OK I lost a good friend on the second plane into the WTF. Please quote me exactly what law you arealluding to that quantifies your view.

Forum Member

Since when did every neanderthal squating in a cave in waziristan, plotting the downfall of America, suddenly get the full rights and protection of the U.S. Constitution?

MembersZone Subscriber

I agree. But there is one thing to add.

Perhaps the brothers who are so upset by this issue can get their unions to stop endorsing and supporting the democrat leaders who are OK with sticking stuff like this in their ***.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

the 4-1-4

I base my opinion from people such as this gentleman. Their words carry more more weight than from any where else.

the 4-1-4

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    Perhaps the brothers who are so upset by this issue can get their unions to stop endorsing and supporting the democrat leaders who are OK with sticking stuff like this in their ***.

George, there are many who are trying to do just that. We made the attempt to do such during the 2000 and 2004 presidential campaigns, which only resulted in our own union turning it's back on us, now, as a dues paying local in good standing.

It's a tough situation when our elected leaders will not listen to their constituents, even though the voter tell them to vote a certain way on an issue.
    It's along the same lines as when Florida US Senator Bill Nelsen stated he was going to vote for the Obama stimulus even though his constituents were telling him not to, at a rate of 7-1 against. Those were his words from his mouth.

Who do you support and who do you believe when they choose not to listen?

Forum Member

LOL at LA's lack of reading comprehension...
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Forum Member

My lack of reading comprehension???

Now that's a hoot!

MembersZone Subscriber

Angry

This is a total political scam to put the Bush administration and the CIA on trial. These are enemy combatants captured outside the US. Why are we giving these POW's full american legal rights. This is ludicrous. They need to be tried by a Military Tribunal and if found guilty put in front of a firing squad. This is a political circus and an insult to all American citizens.

MembersZone Subscriber

By giving these terrorists the same rights as US citizens to be tried is what gets under my skin. They carry out war like attacks and we should treat them as prisoners of war, not common criminals whom we watch skate away through the failures of the justice system. I'm sorry if I don't take the "You'll make them Martyrs" argument too seriously, but the fact is we give them reason enough to hate us by our very being, so why not kill them? Sooner or later someone will decide the cause isn't worth dying for. Or are there not as many peaceful people within these religions as they profess. We're not saying kill them for their beliefs, we're saying kill them for their actions.

I must say to have any organized protest be directly linked to Glen Beck, Rush Limbaugh or anyone else so radically divisive will not further the cause. But I think you'll find many typical Americans agree on this issue, it's just the wrong messengers beating the drum.

Thread Information