+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... Last
    Forum Member

Default Cookies and Milk

Hey ya'll just would like to know what your opinions are on firefighters eatting cookies they dipped in milk.

Permanently Removed

Me- Cookies and milk- 100% gone no matter what.

Forum Member

I don't even know how to respond to this....
    "You see things and you ask, 'Why'? I dream of things that never were and I say, 'Why not'?

"I used to work in a fire hydrant factory. You couldn't park anywhere near the place."

"When you are kind to someone in trouble, you hope they'll remember and be kind to someone else. And it'll become like a wildfire."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BVFD 253 View Post
    Hey ya'll just would like to know what your opinions are on firefighters eatting cookies they dipped in milk.
    What fat percentage is the milk?

Most importantly, what kind of cookie?

Different cookies require different milk saturations and dipping techniques.

For example, some cookies have a tendancy to dissolve faster than others, therefore I will allow only a brief saturation of milk before biting into the savoury milky section of cookie.

Of course, there is always the problem of crumbs and whatnots ( a.k.a. - "floaties" ) left over in the milk. So I ask you sir, do you drink the left over milk after you are finished with dipping and eating your savoury cookies?

Or do you .....**** who am I kidding, this thread sucks!
    "You see things and you ask, 'Why'? I dream of things that never were and I say, 'Why not'?

"I used to work in a fire hydrant factory. You couldn't park anywhere near the place."

"When you are kind to someone in trouble, you hope they'll remember and be kind to someone else. And it'll become like a wildfire."

Forum Member

Only if the milk comes from volunteer cows and the cookies are made in a union shop.

Forum Member

Oh please, not another volunteer v. career cow debate.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

I can't believe there are firefighters that don't dip their cookies in milk anymore. It is obviously a safety risk by not dipping them, as they could inhale crumb dust off the cookie and choke. I'm sick of hearing about these dinosaurs that do stuff like this. They should be fired.
    FTM-PTB-RFB
    IACOJ

Forum Member

But what about the cross-contamination hazard from the milk?

MembersZone Subscriber

I can't believe you guys! What about risk assessment?
    Gotta dunk the cookies from OUTSIDE the milk unless you have 2 in 2 out.

And what if you drop the cookie? Do you call in a RDT?

And I hear the west coast uses semi-sweet chips.. talk about progressive?!
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

Forum Member

I only dip NFPA compliant cookies in my NFPA compliant cup.

Forum Member

A totally meaningless picture to go with a totally meaningless thread.

Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    A totally meaningless picture to go with a totally meaningless thread.
    No rainbows?
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    I only dip NFPA compliant cookies in my NFPA compliant cup.
    Compliant cups must have red and yellow chevrons as to be visible to avoid tipping and collision with other tableware.

Compliant cookies must provide adequate nutrition for effective rehab.
    Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 11-23-2009 at 10:30 AM.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
    Compliant cups must have red and yellow chevrons as to be visible to avoid tipping and collision with other tableware.

The compliant cookie must also have a self-rescue harness to be able to self extricate from the milk after prolonged exposure.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

MembersZone Subscriber

Schaitberger (AKA Ratburger) just released a memo on this, stating that locals should govern, and it should not be a national issue, but that the locals BETTER make sure that both the cookies and milk are from union shops.

Any use of cookies or milk that was produced, transported, sold, or handled in any way by anyone associated with a volunteer fire department is NOT to be allowed, and if a local allows it they will be sanctioned.

Furthermore, a portion of any money used to purchase said cookies and milk should be put aside and given to FIREPAC.

"Although an IAFF member may make a personal choice to eat cookies and milk with volunteer labor content, that personal choice is one that can have serious consequences under our Constitution, including the loss of IAFF membership,"

Fraternally,
    Me.

(IT SHOULD BE NOTED, this is satire. Sad that I feel the need to point that out, but in past dealings with the IAFF as a member among other things, I should probably point it out for the humor impaired. The posting above is simply satire, on the part of the poster and no one else, and should be responded to in the mindset that it was sent. No attempt is made to defame or ridicule Harold Schaitberger (AKA Ratburger) in any way - he already does a fine job himself. No offense is intended also to FIREPAC - they know not what they are doing.

And Kevin O? Kiss my rosy red.....)
    Last edited by LVFD301; 11-23-2009 at 11:20 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

WOW. Talk about a short period of time before I get a blustering email! I would have figured it would take them longer to get someone to read it to them!!!!!

Forum Member

You forget about the requirement to wear your safety vest and full PPE while eating your milk and cookies.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireMedic049 View Post
    You forget about the requirement to wear your safety vest and full PPE while eating your milk and cookies.
    Have the SCBA manufacturers come up with a way to consume NFPA compliant cookies and milk while on air? If so, I didn't recieve the memo!

PS: about the happy cows come from California ad campaign... are West Coast cows more progressive than East Coast cows?
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

I like milk...

Quote Originally Posted by LVFD301 View Post
    WOW. Talk about a short period of time before I get a blustering email! I would have figured it would take them longer to get someone to read it to them!!!!!
    Now I curious what they have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by FireMedic049 View Post
    SCBA and on air! And I believe the NFPA cup is a sippy cup to prevent spills.

Early Adopter

Have the SCBA manufacturers come up with a way to consume NFPA compliant cookies and milk while on air? If so, I didn't recieve the memo!
    No. But that's why I like the Scott mask -- it has a big enough hole that I can eat most small to mid-size cookies. You've gotta have a straw for the milk, though. Of course, I think there may be a provision in NFPA 1500 about the health and wellness of eating too many cookies.

Forum Member

It'll be part of the next NFPA revision. There will be one of those "drink connectors" on the facepiece, like the military gas masks have. The only problem is that we'll have to eat the milk and cookies as a slurrie.

PS: about the happy cows come from California ad campaign... are West Coast cows more progressive than East Coast cows?
    Yes, they don't wear leather helmets.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Cookies and Milk

The Cookie Monster says this thread is "UDDERLY" rediculous! ! !

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusKspn View Post
    The compliant cookie must also have a self-rescue harness to be able to self extricate from the milk after prolonged exposure.
    the harness only is required by law in NY state. and thet regulation doesn't apply to the largest herd in said state.
    Originally Posted by madden01
    "and everyone is encouraged to use Plain, Spelled Out English. I thought this was covered in NIMS training."

MembersZone Subscriber

Can we have a Milk-5?

That way if we have a whole lot of cookies, and no glass available, we can deploy the Milk-5 and have it saturate all our cookies with delicious milk.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Forum Member

What if you are eating/drinking an Oreo Frosty or Milkshake?
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... Last

Thread Information