MembersZone Subscriber

Default Navy S E A L S capture terrorist, then are promptly indicted.

Do you liberals out there REALLY believe that we are going to do anything to KSM and his band of merry men when travesties like this are happening?

Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist
    Tuesday , November 24, 2009

By Rowan Scarborough

ADVERTISEMENTNavy SEALs have secretly captured one of the most wanted terrorists in Iraq — the alleged mastermind of the murder and mutilation of four Blackwater USA security guards in Fallujah in 2004. And for their trouble, three of the SEALs, members of the Navy's elite commando unit, are now facing criminal charges, sources told FoxNews.com.

The three have refused non-judicial punishment — called an admiral's mast — and requested a trial by court-martial.

Ahmed Hashim Abed, whom the military code-named "Objective Amber," told investigators he was punched by his captors — and he had the bloody lip to prove it.

Now, instead of being lauded for bringing to justice a high-value target, three of the SEAL commandos, all enlisted, face assault charges and have retained lawyers.

Matthew McCabe, a Special Operations Petty Officer Second Class (SO-2), is facing three charges: dereliction of performance of duty for willfully failing to safeguard a detainee, making a false official statement, and assault.

Petty Officer Jonathan Keefe, SO-2, is facing charges of dereliction of performance of duty and making a false official statement.

Petty Officer Julio Huertas, SO-1, faces those same charges and an additional charge of impediment of an investigation.

The three SEALs will be arraigned separately on Dec. 7. Another three SEALs — two officers and an enlisted sailor — have been identified by investigators as witnesses but have not been charged.

FoxNews.com obtained the official handwritten statement from one of the three witnesses given on Sept. 3, hours after Abed was captured and still being held at the SEAL base at Camp Baharia. He was later taken to a cell in the U.S.-operated Green Zone in Baghdad.

The SEAL told investigators he had showered after the mission, gone to the kitchen and then decided to look in on the detainee.

"I gave the detainee a glance over and then left," the SEAL wrote. "I did not notice anything wrong with the detainee and he appeared in good health."

Lt. Col. Holly Silkman, spokeswoman for the special operations component of U.S. Central Command, confirmed Tuesday to FoxNews.com that three SEALs have been charged in connection with the capture of a detainee. She said their court martial is scheduled for January.

United States Central Command declined to discuss the detainee, but a legal source told FoxNews.com that the detainee was turned over to Iraqi authorities, to whom he made the abuse complaints. He was then returned to American custody. The SEAL leader reported the charge up the chain of command, and an investigation ensued.

The source said intelligence briefings provided to the SEALs stated that "Objective Amber" planned the 2004 Fallujah ambush, and "they had been tracking this guy for some time."

The Fallujah atrocity came to symbolize the brutality of the enemy in Iraq and the degree to which a homegrown insurgency was extending its grip over Iraq.

The four Blackwater agents were transporting supplies for a catering company when they were ambushed and killed by gunfire and grenades. Insurgents burned the bodies and dragged them through the city. They hanged two of the bodies on a bridge over the Euphrates River for the world press to photograph.

Intelligence sources identified Abed as the ringleader, but he had evaded capture until September.

The military is sensitive to charges of detainee abuse highlighted in the Abu Ghraib prison scandal. The Navy charged four SEALs with abuse in 2004 in connection with detainee treatment.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

MembersZone Subscriber

Sorry. Did it again. Meant to put this in the Off-Duty section.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    Do you liberals out there REALLY believe that we are going to do anything to KSM and his band of merry men when travesties like this are happening?
    they will ask for trial by jury and be found innocent by a bunch of bleeding heart liberals because they will say they were waterboarded and forced to confess.

MembersZone Subscriber

IF the SEALS broke their own rules, then it is their own fault. It doesn't matter if they captured a stable boy, or OBL himself. They know the rules they are supposed to abide by. They would not face court-martial if they wouldn't have broken the rules.

George, in addition to all your other areas of expertise are you also now an expert on military law? Or are you just ****ed because FoxNews is telling you that you should be ****ed?

The way I see it they will follow through with the court-martial and be found not guilty there.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Forum Member

The fact the charges are coming from an Islamic terrorist after he was handed over Iraqi's ought to be the first clue something about this whole mess is fishy. Maybe in the future these terrorist who are wanted by the U.S. will be unavoidably killed in action. Would save us alot of trouble in the future.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jlcooke3 View Post
    The fact the charges are coming from an Islamic terrorist after he was handed over Iraqi's ought to be the first clue something about this whole mess is fishy. Maybe in the future these terrorist who are wanted by the U.S. will be unavoidably killed in action. Would save us alot of trouble in the future.
    this... kill anyone associated with these *******s.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusKspn View Post

George, in addition to all your other areas of expertise are you also now an expert on military law? Or are you just ****ed because FoxNews is telling you that you should be ****ed?
    You are a fool.

MembersZone Subscriber

The fact the charges are coming from an Islamic terrorist after he was handed over Iraqi's ought to be the first clue something about this whole mess is fishy.
    Very true, but that is the good thing about the court marshal. They cannot claim that the situation was swept under the rug. It was investigated, the claim reported, and the subjects put to trial. If the accusation is false, they will be found not guilty.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

MembersZone Subscriber

You are a fool.
    And you are an arrogant know it all. I would rather be a fool than to pretend I know all the answers such as yourself.

Banned

And you are an arrogant know it all. I would rather be a fool than to pretend I know all the answers such as yourself.
    Once again I agree with you.

However, I have a real problem with putting soldiers in a war zone and then putting them on trial for stuff like this. It is a waste of resources and demoralizing to the troops. The SOB that was trying to kill you cries and they knee jerk. Happened all the time in Viet Nam. Some of those things are unfortunate but in war there will be collateral damage. Ask the folks in the former Yugoslav republic. If yo are going to put these brave soles on trial then we should also put Bill Clinton and George Bush on trial as well.

MembersZone Subscriber

Where did I say that I knew anything about military law? I said that punishing these heroes, I don't care in what venue, is BS. And that the prevailing attitude in our government will NEVER allow those animals to be put to death, even if they are found guilty. This administration is trying so hard to be liked, I fully expect the fix is in to let those freaks walk right out of the courthouse.

So, unless you have something truthful to say, STFU!

Forum Member

The way it was handled in the Old Corps-

Summary Court is heard by the CG, who determines said terrorist deserved a bloody lip. Each Marine would be found guilty, fined $1, and the record of said conviction expunged after one month of good behavior.

Forum Member

Where did I say that I knew anything about military law? I said that punishing these heroes, I don't care in what venue, is BS. And that the prevailing attitude in our government will NEVER allow those animals to be put to death, even if they are found guilty. This administration is trying so hard to be liked, I fully expect the fix is in to let those freaks walk right out of the courthouse.

Umm, no you didn't. You never said any of that. Sorry.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by gunnyv View Post

Summary Court is heard by the CG, who determines said terrorist deserved a bloody lip. Each Marine would be found guilty, fined $1, and the record of said conviction expunged after one month of good behavior.
    Ooh Rah!!!!

Forum Member

Very true, but that is the good thing about the court marshal. They cannot claim that the situation was swept under the rug. It was investigated, the claim reported, and the subjects put to trial. If the accusation is false, they will be found not guilty.
    Nothing good will come of this court martial. Suppose that they are innocent, do you think the troops on the ground will breathe a sigh of relief and continue on business as usual? Do you suppose that the rest of the terrorist in the world will suddenly see that we are fair and just society? The answer to both of those is NO!!! Troops will find a way to ensure that they are not put in that position again and islamic fanatics don't give two ****s about fair and just. So in the end who do you think this farce of a court martial serves? The people of the United States? The Seals? The rest of the world? Just who does it serve?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by THEENGINEGOES View Post
    Umm, no you didn't. You never said any of that. Sorry.
    Oh. For the intellectually challenged, I guess I should have said "implied" instead of "said".

MembersZone Subscriber

Nothing good will come of this court martial. Suppose that they are innocent, do you think the troops on the ground will breathe a sigh of relief and continue on business as usual? Do you suppose that the rest of the terrorist in the world will suddenly see that we are fair and just society? The answer to both of those is NO!!! Troops will find a way to ensure that they are not put in that position again and islamic fanatics don't give two ****s about fair and just. So in the end who do you think this farce of a court martial serves? The people of the United States? The Seals? The rest of the world? Just who does it serve?
    I know!!!!! This policy dictated by our terrorist-friendly president will serve the terrorists!!!!! What do I win?

Remember when Pres. Bush simplified this whole matter? "You're either with us, or you're with the terrorists". Pres. Obama would have a hard time picking sides.

Forum Member

My friend from HS is a SEAL, I hope he never has to deal with this crap.

Forum Member

This is really F'd up. Its a GOD DAMN war zone for christs sake. I lean VERY heavily on the side of our guys are innocent until very clearly shown otherwise. Can some less than admirable stuff happen - sure. That is a price those who fight us must pay. (there might be a lesson there - DON'T FIGHT US!!!!). In a lot of respects, it goes back to Bush - you are either with us or against us.

War is not pretty and its not surgical and non-combants will get hurt. Stop pretending it can be clean. War is fundementally evil. If we as a society commit to war, then we need to commit to war and all it entails. Anything less will just our soldiers killed for no good reason.

Oh and for the record - did any of those 4 blackwater security guys get to file a formal complaint for how they were treated in the ambush - didn't think so......

MembersZone Subscriber

There must be something more to this. Did some reporter get photos or something. The guy is on the run for five years, gets taken by an elite military unit, is turned over to the Iraqi military and at some point gets a fat lip? Hell, that doesn't even rate detention even on a school ground. Now they are going to court martial 3 SEALs? Something is fishy for damn sure.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by gunnyv View Post

Those are the days of the "Old Service". Unfortunately, I think those days are pretty much long gone for all of us. However, I agree with the Marines' choice of Court Martial over "non-judicial punishment" (whatever that is??). This will either prove their innocence or guilt, which may be good or bad for them, but it will, as was pointed out by Marcus, not be pushed under the rug and made to "go away".

Best O Luck to the Boys in Blue. I hope this works out in their favour.

MembersZone Subscriber

STFU? Real classy, awesome post George.

You used to be pretty well spoken around here, but more and more your posts are starting to sound like the rantings of a deranged lunatic standing on the side of the street talking about the end of the world.

Give me a break.

Forum Member

I know!!!!! This policy dictated by our terrorist-friendly president will serve the terrorists!!!!! What do I win?

Remember when Pres. Bush simplified this whole matter? "You're either with us, or you're with the terrorists". Pres. Obama would have a hard time picking sides.
    If I had my way your prize would be an up close and personal meeting with Allah.It's THEIR choice for the meeting,WE select place and time. T.C.

MembersZone Subscriber

Angry Inmates are running the asylum

This story and the KSM trial in New York are frustrating in the extreame. What the hell is Obama Bin Lieing thinking. This is bordering on ludacrist. Sure helps motivate the troops to go out and put their lives on the line, when they are rewarded with this B**l C**p.

Forum Member

I personally would not mind if they did in fact torture him. Although a split lip is hardly evidence of torture or abuse. For all anybody knows, he tripped or it was caused by some other simple accident. If these SEALs really abused this guy, i am quite sure their would be more then a busted lip to deal with.

The bottom line is he had no respect for our people so why should we have any for him. Go look at the pictures of those Blackwater guys being dragged through the streets and spit on and then hung upside down on a bridge for the world to see. Then ask yourself if the piece of garbage responsible for it's split lip is really that big of a deal. Our governments law makers are a bunch of spineless pansies. More people are outraged over some pictures of US service members making detainees pose naked or have dogs scare them. What about the dozen plus video's of these same people cutting the heads off our CIVILIAN citizens? After that, you think i give a rats *** if one of these pieces of garbage was made to feel uncomfortable? Watch one of the video's of one of our people being held down and having their head sawed off and make sure the volume is up on your computer. Then come back in here and tell me WE are inhumane.

Thread Information