Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ifsac?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Ifsac?

I have a question regarding ways to become IFSAC certified....I currently am licensed in Michigan as FF1 and 2, as well as Hazmat ops, but knowing my wonderful state we aren't IFSAC or Proboard, let alone D.O.D. Is there any way to step up to these from my current training without having to go through another full academy at an accredited school? any sort of test? Looking at jobs out of state and none are accepting Michigan's training, even though it is NFPA, they want it to be one of the above. anyone have any further info on changing my certifications to one of the approved?

Forum Member

Thumbs up Ifsac

Good question. First of all, there is no such thing as an IFSAC certification. IFSAC only accredits the entity (state) and the state certifies you. In the case of your home state, they are not accredited by IFSAC in FF I II.

You can check around with other states that are accredited by IFSAC to see if they will let you challenge a FF I II exam. Minn may let you, but you would have to travel to Minn and test. For a complete list of IFSAC members, go to

http://www.ifsac.org/Handbook/CERTIF...LY_MEMBERS.pdf

and start polling states around you to see if they will let you come in and challenge the FF I II exam for certification.
    Wayne

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool Here's an Idea.....

Contact IFSAC or ProBoard and see where the closest "Testing/Accredited" Department or Education Center is. Try your local Military Base they will also be able to direct you to where they test at.

I know that we routinely have D.O.D. FFs from other Depts. come to our location and take the IFSAC End of Course and CerTest. If you have any additional questions contact IFSAC, they're nice people and are willing to help.
    "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

Life on the Truck (Quint) is good.....

Eat til you're sleepy..... Sleep til you're hungry..... And repeat.....

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool What to Study.....

Just thougth that I'd give ya a "heads up" on what to study. IFSAC Tests are 100% from IFSTA so any other Training you may have you will need to keep in the back of your mind until you pass your CerTest and End of Course Test.

Hope this leads ya to the right direction.....
    "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

Life on the Truck (Quint) is good.....

Eat til you're sleepy..... Sleep til you're hungry..... And repeat.....

Thread Information