Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default DOD FD with station at more than one base

I am looking for information from any DOD FD that has stations located at more than one location. Seperated by several miles on different bases but operated as one dept. Please let me know, I would like to talk to you and get some operational information. Thanks
    Darin Keith
    Captain
    Rock Island Arsenal IL
    Lilyogi

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by lilyogi View Post
    I am looking for information from any DOD FD that has stations located at more than one location. Seperated by several miles on different bases but operated as one dept. Please let me know, I would like to talk to you and get some operational information. Thanks
    Darin Keith
    Captain
    Rock Island Arsenal IL
    ramstein air base fd is setup like that (called KMC fire department). they have 3 stations on ramstein air base, 1 on vogelweh air base, 1 on rhine ordinance barracks, 2 at landstuhl, 1 at kleiber kassern (covers 4 different army posts) and finally 1 at sembach air station... about 25 miles from ramstein.... and yes, all 1 department. PM if you want more info.

The Aberdeen Proving Ground (Maryland) Fire Department has three stations. Main Station and the Crash House are located at the main part of the the base, locally known as the "Aberdeen Area."

Third station is located at what used to be the old Edgewood Arsenal, which was administratively merged with APG in the seventies. It is now known as APG "Edgewood Area."

Both facilities are located on the Upper Western Shore of the Chesapeake Bay, just off of Interstate 95, about 25 miles north of the city of Baltimore, in Harford County, Md. They are both peninsulas, separated by the Bush River. To get to the Edgewood Area, you must physically leave the Aberdeen Area, and travel south on Maryland Route 40 approx. 8-10 miles.

Here is a good map showing the two landmasses.
    http://www.city-data.com/city/Aberde...-Maryland.html
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by lilyogi View Post
    Darin Keith
    Captain
    Rock Island Arsenal IL
    At Naval Station Newport, they has two stations on the main base (#2 and 3) and two station outside the base (#1 and 4). Station 4 was about five miles from the main base and station 1 was about thirteen miles away. We called them the outskirt stations and each had a single type one pumper with 4 man crews. This covered the 2 in 2 out rule.

Both outskirt stations were shut down in 04 and so was station 3. They are now operating with one new station that has two pumpers, one medic van, and one truck.

MembersZone Subscriber

NAS Patuxent River has stations at both NAS Patuxent River and Webster Field. These facilities are separated by 10-15 miles.

Forum Member

Navy Region Mid-Atlantic is a large department on the East coast covering the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. It is broken up into three districts with each district containing, I think maybe 5-8 stations per district (dont quote me on these exact numbers).

MembersZone Subscriber

Sir:

WSLLC F&ES (Wackenhut Services LLC Fire and Emergency Services) is doing a lot of this in Iraq right now. The whole country falls under one chief in Baghdad, but managed at site level. At one point 18 some odd bases around the whole of Iraq, orders come from Baghdad, given to the A/C at site level. Normal Chain of Command, but separated by hundreds of miles depending on what base you are at. Some bases, separated by only a few miles. Contract FD through the DOD. KBR doing the same.

Forum Member

Hi,
    Federal Fire Department-San Diego is all under one chief, but covers 5-6 bases and has 13 Fire Stations. All the bases are Navy except for one USMC Base (MCRD). The department is split into 3 battalions who report to the Metro Fire Chief.

Forum Member

Why? Does the Rock Island Arsenal need 2 stations? You know they don't even need 1 station. You idiots could be replaced by Per Mar security guards. Anyone can push buttons on panels. You don't run real calls. And aren't you embarrassed that you cant pass your ****ing NREMT-P? Why can't you by the way? Brian Hansen is a slobbering retard and he passed it twice. You should be ashamed to even claim that your a firefighter or a paramedic because your not. Also Capt Darin Keith from the Rock Island Arsenal you should not post everything you did on ALS calls play by play because it is a HIPPA violation.

Forum Member

Tell us how you really do not think

post reported
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Thread Information