Forum Member

Default 4 Police Officers are killed

Just asking for your thoughts, this is from our neighboring city; alot of these guys respond with our engine frequently.
    Sad day.
    http://www.komonews.com/news/local/78088192.html

LAKEWOOD, Wash. - Four police officers were shot and killed in a bloody Sunday morning ambush at a Lakewood-area coffee shop, officials said.

Pierce County Sheriff's Office spokesman Ed Troyer called the ambush "a targeted attack" on the four Lakewood police officers as they were preparing to start their shifts at about 8:30 a.m.

Officials at the scene said one or two gunmen burst into the Forza Coffee Co. outlet at 11401 Steele St. South, shot the four uniformed officers as they were working on their laptop computers, then fled the scene.

Two baristas and a handful of other customers were inside the coffee shop at the time of the attack, but none of them were shot or injured. The suspects fled without taking any money.

Troyer described the scene inside the coffee shop as "carnage and a scene out of a horror movie."

Three male officers and one female officer all died at the scene.

About 2 1/2 hours after the deadly ambush, officers identified a white Chevy pickup truck abandoned at 134th Street and Pacific Avenue South that is believed to be the one that the suspects fled in.

Soon after, there was a possible standoff reported between officers and one or more people inside a residence a few blocks away. It was not immediately known if the standoff is related to the police shootings.

A $10,000 reward is being offered for any information leading to the arrest of the suspects, Troyer said. An emergency tip line has been set up, at 866-977-2362, for callers to report any helpful information.

No description of the suspects is yet available.

Emergency personnel rushed to the scene after receiving a report that multiple officers were shot and killed in the ambush at 8:30 a.m. Sunday.

Within minutes, hundreds of investigators and police were rushing to the scene. Roads were blocked in the vicinity of the attack.

"I've never seen so many cops," said one witness as officers converged on the area.

The deadly shootings come less than a month after Seattle Police Officer Timothy Brenton was shot to death in cold blood as he was sitting in a cruiser with trainee Britt Sweeney on Halloween night. Sweeney was grazed in the neck.

Christopher Monfort of Tukwila has been charged with aggravated first-degree murder in connection with Brenton's death.

Back In Black

Very sad event.

Of course, our thoughts and prayers with their families and their fellow officers.

This is a disturbing incident.

I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Banned

Sad day indeed.

Time will tell why this was done. I hope they catch the rotten scumbag(s) responsible and incarcerate them and their families.

MembersZone Subscriber

God bless everyone stricken by this act, lets hope whoever did this is delt with before making it to a courtroom. They don't deserve a fair trial.

Forum Member

Wow. I wonder if the two are related.

Prayers sent.
    FF/Paramedic

MembersZone Subscriber

My thoughts and prayers to the family of the fallen officers. Blessed are the peace makers for they shall inherit the earth. Rest in Peace, Your tour of duty is done, we take it from here.

Now that being said, I hope they catch the son-of-bitch that murder these officers and hang him by his nuts while sh tting down his throat. WtF Man cant even drink a cup of coffee with out some gang banger trying to kill him.

This is just a fine world that we live in, I just can't wait to have my taxes raised to keep up pieces of sh t like this. I guess this is the change that we have to believe in.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

Man, our "news" media really sucks.

My thoughts and prayers for the family's and their respective depts and brothers.

Why this has been buried on page 3 when Tiger Woods getting beaten by his wife is on page 1 is beyond me.

This is an obvious attack on law enforcement and should be considered an act of terrorism. I hope the feds are brought into this.

Anyone ballsy enough to whack 4 cops is up to no good and obviously has other things planned. I only hope it doesn't get worse and this isn't a prelude to something far darker.

Forum Member

Proof that Evil is a real entity. While waiting for their shift. This is the kind of tragedy that can make one go off the deep end. Hope they catch these scumbags. Reminds me, Does Washington have the death penalty?

Forum Member

From ask.com:

Does Washington state have the death penalty?
    Yes, Washington has executed a total of 4 people since 1976.
    Steve Dragon
    FFII, Fire Instructor II, Fire Officer I, Fire Appartus Driver Operator Certified
    Volunteers are never "off duty".
    http://www.bufd7.org

I like milk...

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    Reminds me, Does Washington have the death penalty?
    Yah from what I remember we do.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TNFF319 View Post
    Wow. I wonder if the two are related.

Prayers sent.
    TNFF.... the suspect in the homocide of Officer Brenton on Halloween night was taken into custody a few days later, just as his memorial was concluding, in fact. He was shot in the process, but is expected to survive and be tried.

The only way these two incidents are related is if the first one inspired the shirtbag(s) today...imo.

Forum Member

Default update

Sounds like one of the cops had a brief chance to try and fight back, may have got a shot off, they're still not sure.
    But they do have a potential suspect, a guy that was supposed to be in prison forever.
    Total of 9 kids without a mom/dad tonight.
    I'm so friggin ****ed off.
    http://www.king5.com/video/featured-...-78106967.html
    SEATTLE – The man police are seeking as a person of interest in the shooting deaths of four Lakewood, Wash. police officers was supposed to be spending the rest of his life in an Arkansas prison.

But, Maurice Clemmons, 37, who has a criminal history complete with violent, psychotic outbursts, was set free by former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee.

Killed Sunday morning in what detectives call an "ambush" at a coffee shop were Sgt. Mark Renninger, 39; Ronald Owens, 37; Tina Griswold, 40; and Greg Richards 42.

In 1989, Clemmons, then 17, was convicted in Little Rock for aggravated robbery. He was paroled in 2000 after Huckabee commuted Clemmons' 95-year prison sentence. Huckabee, who was criticized during his run for the Republican presidential nomination in 2008 for the number of clemencies and commutations he granted, cited Clemmons' age at the time of the sentence.

"Back then, Gov. Huckabee granted clemency to a disturbing number of people, including a man named Maurice Clemmons who should have never been left out," said Larry Jegley, prosecuting attorney for Arkansas' Pulaski County.

After his release from prison, Clemmons violated his parole and was returned to prison in July 2001. He was released March 18, 2004, according to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette newspaper.

By all accounts, Clemmons left Arkansas and came to Western Washington. By last summer, it appears his life was spiraling into a tail spin. A home he owned in Parkland was torched by illegal fireworks. He talked about that with KING 5's Linda Brill.

"Look what happened. I lost the home," said Clemmons.

Now, Clemmons is a suspect. He's facing charges in Pierce County for child rape, assaulting several deputies and malicious mischief. Court papers refer to him as saying he was the messiah and that he could fly. A relative said "Maurice is not in his right mind."

Clemmons was released from prison six days ago on bond, even though there is a warrant for his arrest after escaping from parole in Arkansas.

"I hope my worst fears aren't realized and we have four police officers dead at the hands of another person who should have been left alone," said Jegley.

Huckabee released this statement in response to the killings.

"The senseless and savage execution of police officers in Washington State has saddened the nation, and early reports indicate that a person of interest is a repeat offender who once lived in Arkansas and was wanted on outstanding warrants here and Washington State. The murder of any individual is a profound tragedy, but the murder of a police officer is the worst of all murders in that it is an assault on every citizen and the laws we live within.

Should he be found to be responsible for this horrible tragedy, it will be the result of a series of failures in the criminal justice system in both Arkansas and Washington State. He was recommended for and received a commutation of his original sentence from 1990. This commutation making him parole eligible and was paroled by the parole board once they determined he met the conditions at that time. He was arrested later for parole violation and taken back to prison to serve his full term, but prosecutors dropped the charges that would have held him. It appears that he has continued to have a string of criminal and psychotic behavior but was not kept incarcerated by either state. This is a horrible and tragic event and if found and convicted the offender should be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law. Our thoughts and prayers are and should be with the families of those honorable, brave, and heroic police officers."

Forum Member

Not for nothing but i read the coffee clerk saw the gun before it was pulled and ran out the back door.

I don't know if he did yell or not but in any situation like that ....... yell .... "gun" ..... as you are running away. It gives everyone else a chance. It might have been all the chance these cops needed.

Too many people have no idea how truly bad some people are. Evil is a better word for it ...
    Last edited by owenscott; 11-30-2009 at 12:44 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Absolutely terrible. Sounds like a deliberate ambush, I hope the SOB tries to fight it out when they attempt to arrest him. Isn't that called " Ley de Fuego" in Mexico. Our thought and prayers to family, friends and colleagues.

MembersZone Subscriber

Remember this:

When you complain that a "law abiding citizen" was treated like a criminal by the police, think back to this story. Law enforcement officers are never safe. They are never off duty. They can never relax. No one is to be trusted until that trust can be earned. All are suspects until proven otherwise. No situation is safe.

I don't care who shot them. This is a sickening story.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

MembersZone Subscriber

Just coming in on BBC here. A patrol officer shot a man dead. Preliminary ID is the scumbag who ambushed the 4 police officers. Happened about 0245 local time Seattle. I imagine it will be a long time before the cop will ever to buy a meal or drink. Good on you Lad.
    Last edited by BryanLoader; 12-01-2009 at 08:52 AM.

Forum Member

He's dead? Oh shucks. Frankly I was hoping they would first pepper spray him and then taze him so he would be in excruciating pain. Then shoot him.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

I am glad that the police took this scumbag down. But now the naacp will make a big stink over it and they will say that he was deprived of his rights.

He had the right to give up to the officer and be arrested. He had the right to shoot it out with the officer. He had the right to be a good citizen.

He took the lives of 4 LEO's and didn't give them any rights.

He got what he frigging deserved! Death on site!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    I am glad that the police took this scumbag down. But now the naacp will make a big stink over it and they will say that he was deprived of his rights.

He had the right to give up to the officer and be arrested. He had the right to shoot it out with the officer. He had the right to be a good citizen.

He took the lives of 4 LEO's and didn't give them any rights.

He got what he frigging deserved! Death on site!
    Yep I agree. After a long period of contemplation, ( OK 32 seconds). Well done Lad. Should we ever meet, your moneys no good.

Forum Member

My condolences go out to our brothers on the thin blue line.

To the officer who took the skell down.... a tip of the leather for job well done.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Banned

Good news, they shot the rotten SOB and he will rot in hell. And in the process society is better off.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    Good news, they shot the rotten SOB and he will rot in hell. And in the process society is better off.
    Now this is something that you and I can agree on 110 %.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

Default God Bless our brothers and sisters in blue.

I'm so glad there won't be a trial, one less thing for the families to have to go through. Good job by an observant officer in Seattle or he'd have been next. It sure sounds like the "broken down truck with the engine running" was a set up for an ambush. He did a great job and will be with his family tonight. Kudos to our brother and sister firefighters in the area for their help with the procession today. It brought tears to my eyes to see the 4 fire department ambulances running a slow code in the procession with the police to the funeral home. I'm so greatful at my department to have great police officers to work with. We get along well, and I know they have my back and I pray I never have to have theirs, but I will if needed. Everybody stay safe, and give your families a hug tonight.

http://www.king5.com/video/featured-...-78252202.html
    Last edited by SLCfireguy; 12-01-2009 at 10:56 PM. Reason: added link

MembersZone Subscriber

The War On Cops
    By Michelle Malkin
    December 4, 2009

The left's police-hating chickens are coming home to roost. While partisan liberals have gone out of their way to blame conservative media and the Tea Party movement for creating a "climate of hate," they are silent on the cultural and literal war on cops that has raged for decades -- and escalated tragically this year.

The total number of law enforcement officers shot and killed this year is up 19 percent over last year, according to the Christian Science Monitor. More officers have died in ambush incidents this year than in any other since 2000.

The Lakewood, Wash., massacre on Thanksgiving weekend claimed the lives of four dedicated officers getting ready for work at a coffee shop Sunday morning. Maurice Clemmons -- the violent career thug who received clemency from former Arkansas GOP Gov. Mike Huckabee and benefited from fatal systemic lapses in the criminal justice system -- had many other enablers.

Clemmons had told numerous friends and family members to "watch the TV" before the massacre because he was going to "kill a bunch of cops." The witnesses did worse than nothing. Several have been arrested for actively aiding and abetting Clemmons -- with shelter, food, money and medical aid -- before he was discovered in Seattle early Tuesday morning and shot after threatening a patrol officer investigating Clemmons' stolen vehicle.

A militant online group called the National Black Foot Soldier Network celebrated Clemmons as a "Crowned BOW (Black on White) Martyr" and dubbed the Lakewood ambush a "preemptive strike on terrorists." It wasn't the only chilling propaganda cheering black-on-white police murders in the Pacific Northwest this year.

Just three weeks before the Lakewood massacre, the region endured another police attack. Suspect Christopher Monfort was arrested last month in the targeted shooting death of Seattle Police Department Officer Timothy Brenton and the wounding of his partner Britt Sweeney. Monfort had written diatribes against law enforcement, harping against white policemen.

The leader of a Seattle hip-hop/punk band commemorated the assassination with a T-shirt depicting Monfort's face splattered with blood and overlaid with a Seattle Police Department badge under the slogan "Deliver Us From Evil." The other side of the shirt read, "Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamp."

From where does the deadened and deadly callousness toward the thin blue line come?

How about years of cop-bashing rap from N.W.A.'s "F**k tha Police" and Ice-T's "Cop Killer" to Dead Prez's "Police State" ("I throw a Molotov ****tail at the precinct") and The Game's "911 is a Joke" (I ought to shoot 51 officers for the 51 times that boy was shot in New York")?

Try the glamorization of poisonous anti-police domestic terrorist groups like the Weather Underground and the Black Panthers. Add in the mainstreaming of anti-police demagogues Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton (whose ex-wife and daughter were arrested last week after verbally abusing a Harlem cop and resisting arrest after running a red light). And toss in the global glorification of Death Row cop-killers Stanley "Tookie" Williams and Mumia Abu-Jamal by the Hollywood elite.

It is, in my mind, no coincidence that another of 2009's bloodiest multiple-police shootings took place in Oakland -- a hotbed of black nationalism/Free Mumia radicalism that gave us the likes of Angela Davis, Huey Newton and Obama green jobs czar turned liberal think-tank fellow Van Jones (whose "creative" activism and "energy" in the Bay Area won senior White House adviser Valerie Jarrett's heart). Four Oakland officers went down and one was injured when a convicted felon ambushed them during a routine traffic stop. Nearly 20,000 law enforcement officers and supporters from around the country filled a memorial event for the fallen.

President Obama -- Chicago pal of police-targeting Weather Underground terrorist Bill Ayers and the convener of the national beer summit to indulge his race-baiting, police-bashing Harvard professor friend Henry Louis Gates -- did not attend the service.

---

Michelle Malkin is the author of "Culture of Corruption: Obama and his Team of Tax Cheats, Crooks & Cronies" (Regnery 2009).

COPYRIGHT 2009 CREATORS.COM

It says it all.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

- Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks, Bull. The article demonstrates clearly, also, why the left hates Michelle Malkin.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Thread Information