Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by backflip View Post
    I am also for new ideas and innovations. The problem is that it very often takes too long for hings to be accepted.
    I'm not a bandwagon type of guy. Prove that the new idea or innovation works, and then I usually let one of the bigger and busier departments give it a shot first. My resources are far to slim and valuable to go chasing the latest fad.

Items/tools that we have now were introduced at some point nd were very likelty shunned and not at all welcomed.
    And more then a few were junk, not worthy of the saliva it takes to spit on them with.

The FIT-PRO has been shunned on this board, yet generates very good press. Maybe in a few years they will be commonplace.
    More then likely they will not be, and will be something we all joke about in the future.

I am not so sure of a fire blanket though for a car fire. The car is generally a total loss. Maybe there is another application for this product.
    Don't be a hater. This is probably one of those miracle devices, like bottled air.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Maybe there is another application for this product.
    A super strong tarp for salvage and overhaul in a building?
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Maybe there is another application for this product.
    Maybe this will replace Lights in Vol. POV's. Or maybe this way everyone can be a Firefighter!
    Courage, Being Scared to Death and Saddling Up anyways.

I could see this also used in a parking garage - I know the ones where I work will NOT fit an engine in there 0

In the videos, the people look like they are taking their time - so actual deployment would take less time.

Backdraft waiting to happen - yes, I could see that.

Protection of other vehicles - yes, I could see that too - again, in the parking garage situation.

I wonder if this would be practical, say, at an accident scene where you have an entrapment - with either fire or possiblility of fire - use the blanket as a shield while 1 crew attends to the fire/hazard and the other to the victim(s).......

The company website for one of the blankets says it is made of a fiberglass material, high heat resistance - from the firetexx website.....

Firetexx is a company established by Poly-Ned (www.polyned.nl). Firetexx capitalises on the growing demand for environmentally friendly fire prevention equipment. The Firetexx products are made of a fire resistant fabric, a product that, therefore, fits in well with the textile products of Poly-Ned. This fire-resistant textile is made of fibreglass with a fire-resisting coating. The textile is extremely fire-resistant. The heat radiation of the material is also extremely low! Firetexx currently has many applications for the material.
    So, outside of a fire department use, I can see other applications for this.

I wonder if it would resist heat well enough to be used to cover exposures to auto/trash bin type fires. Something to keep that 40K car sitting 20 feet away from heat, water, flying trash damage.

I wonder what extra damage it causes to the surfaces under the vehicles as well. Retaining all that heat instead of knocking down the fire and dropping the heat level faster could be a problem on some surfaces.

Although on most of the roads in NY another pothole or two won't get noticed....

MembersZone Subscriber voyager9's Avatar

Design it like one of these

Cooling problem solved
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

Thread Information