Default Military FF Jobs?

Hey there... I recently finished my EMT-B course and i am looking to work as a paid firefighter. Due to unfortunate circumstances in todays job market this is becoming a very hard desire to fulfill. I am 20 years old and plan on joining the military to work as a firefighter.... I would prefer to be an airforce firefighter and yes i know they go to iraq and i dont care! but after recently talking to my recruiter he has told me that the job is in such a high demand that it would be slim to none that i can get the position.... is there anything that anyone can recommend? Does my recruiter really know? Could he get me the job in writing if he wanted to? THANKS!

Forum Member

recruiters dont know everything, but they have a feel. dont sign the contract unless it has firefighting *3e7x1 on it. go through the process and wait, but that could be a while.

if you want air force firefighting then dont settle for anything else (theyll try and talk up pararescue, tacp, eod0, itll open eventually. they told me the samething so i was gonna go eod and i told them i'd wait, went up to meps and it open. just tell them thats what you want and youll wait for it. you dont want to do 4-6 years of bull**** for nothing.... which is what i ended up doing. good luck.
    Last edited by legos.8ty7; 12-07-2009 at 02:00 PM.

Forum Member

Default job

otoole94553

what state are you living in now????

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by otoole94553 View Post
    Hey there... I recently finished my EMT-B course and i am looking to work as a paid firefighter. Due to unfortunate circumstances in todays job market this is becoming a very hard desire to fulfill. I am 20 years old and plan on joining the military to work as a firefighter.... I would prefer to be an airforce firefighter and yes i know they go to iraq and i dont care! but after recently talking to my recruiter he has told me that the job is in such a high demand that it would be slim to none that i can get the position.... is there anything that anyone can recommend? Does my recruiter really know? Could he get me the job in writing if he wanted to? THANKS!
    First of all, learn to use the SEARCH function, there have to be 50 threads on this very topic.

Secondly, How do you know a recruiter is lying? Their lips are moving. Read the threads.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Thread Information