Forum Member

Red face Kurt, remove the curse.

I apologise. I didn't know you meant it. This is getting out of hand and I take responsibility. So far its over 14 inches and I see the curse in every flake. I am a worm. OK?

MembersZone Subscriber

Blizzard warning here in Wisconsin tonight

Forum Member

"... SIGNIFICANT SNOW AND ICE ACCUMULATION WILL OCCUR TONIGHT AND EARLY WEDNESDAY MORNING... EXPECT 3"-6" WITH 1/4" OF ICE COATING THE SNOW...THE AREAS MOST AT RISK FOR A SIGNIFICANT ACCUMULATION OF ICE ARE THE HIGHER TERRAIN OVER 2000 FEET ABOVE SEA LEVEL. " From weather. com

We live on top of a mountain...great.

This is in central PA. Seems like the whole country is getting hit.

MembersZone Subscriber

Med student - what part of pa? Berks?

bbowers@mozarks.com

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LVFD301 View Post
    Med student - what part of pa? Berks?

bbowers@mozarks.com
    Cambria-clearfield county border.

Forum Member

Talking just a dustin

Quote Originally Posted by medstudent13 View Post
    "... SIGNIFICANT SNOW AND ICE ACCUMULATION WILL OCCUR TONIGHT AND EARLY WEDNESDAY MORNING... EXPECT 3"-6" WITH 1/4" OF ICE COATING THE SNOW....
    We call that just a dusting, hardly worth even getting the snowblower out of the barn !

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by islandfire03 View Post
    We call that just a dusting, hardly worth even getting the snowblower out of the barn !
    I can't imagine snow around the salt water. Never saw it for the 17 years I was there.

Here's a good one. One time they thought they might get ice on the harbor bridge. The roads department was told they needed to sand the bridge. However, no one had ever sanded the bridge before so they had no experience on how to sand it. Soooo. When I drove over the bridge I discovered that they had sanded the bridge to about 5 inches deep with sand. It actually had ruts in it from where the cars drove through. It was like a line was drawn where the bridge started and ended, that was where it was sanded so deep. Can't blame them, its simply because they had never had to do it before and just didn't know any better.

It was also the states biggest bridge.

Forum Member

Talking

When the conditions are right such as in a Noreaster we can get a storm that dumps 15-30 inches in 24 hrs. The bands of snow just keep backing in off the ocean and we are the catchers mitt. Happens a few times each winter. Normally we avg 100 inches per year.

Last year Kurt came to NH at the tail end of a Noreaster. Here we are sitting at a conference center less than a 1/2 mile from the Manchester airport runway and he's worried about a measly 14 inches of snow delaying his flight out the next day. He even rented a SUV to get across the parking lot.
    Kurt is due to make his NH trip next week so the iceman cometh !!!!

Forum Member

This guy is connected. (Weather Gods)
    As him about the torrential rain/flood in Ceres CA a couple years ago.
    Jonathan

Forum Member

Red face Witch ditch

Quote Originally Posted by hinesfire View Post
    Jonathan
    Well, He sure as heck made me his bitch.

Forum Member

Question BTW hinesfire

Quote Originally Posted by hinesfire View Post
    Jonathan
    Since I am not very computer literate, how did you 'underline' the word, is, in your above posting? I get instructions, but somehow I'm missing it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    Since I am not very computer literate, how did you 'underline' the word, is, in your above posting? I get instructions, but somehow I'm missing it.
    When you go to reply or post, the top of the box where you type has the different stuff, much like word. There's a B for bold I for Italics and U for Underline. You can also hit control+b for bold, control +i for italics, and control +u for underline. You can do it before you type the word, or highlight the word then do it.

Forum Member

Default Snow

Hey now, lets not make fun of Central PA. Hey medstudent, what station you from? Cambria County here also.
    I enjoyed the snow, got a 2 hour delay for work this morning.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cambria-clearfield county border.
    Talked to a customer trying to get to one of our sites north of Indiana PA this morning. Trying to get the site. Sounds nasty up there.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Yeah we got a cold front too, dropped back down from the 70s yesterday and now in the 50s today. Any lower and I might have to get a long-sleeved shirt to go outside. Growing up in PA and being a rink rat prepped me for a lack of real winter around here. Hence the reason I still run on 2 wheels down to 32 degrees as long as it's not going to rain. I do miss the snow though, had a blast with our 2 inches in the yard last week making snowmen with the 3 year old. Maybe we'll visit one of y'all in a couple of years during a northeaster after Kurt comes through the area.

Just get the roads cleared by Jan 22nd, looks like I'll be in popping into Western MA for a workshop on the 23rd.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post

Just get the roads cleared by Jan 22nd, looks like I'll be in popping into Western MA for a workshop on the 23rd.
    Where about in W Mass Brian??? Inquiring minds want to know.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Easthampton. Looking at maybe a hybrid, some were only wanting 1 day, some 2. Basically the same format in 1 day as Day 1 of 2. So those that want 2nd day can come back. 2nd day is writing and Peer Review of an application so everyone leaves with one written. So nighttime of Day 1 isn't all drinky-drinky, people need to bring their info back to make an app. If we get enough wanting 2 days, if not no biggie. I'm easy.

Will be adding info to the web site as soon as I take a brain break from SAFER to put it together.

Forum Member

There is 6" of snow on the ground, and we now have a severe thunderstorm warning?!? How does that happen? Suppose to get downpours, lighting, and winds 60+. Here comes the flood!! Gotta find my boat.

MembersZone Subscriber

There is 6" of snow on the ground, and we now have a severe thunderstorm warning?!? How does that happen? Suppose to get downpours, lighting, and winds 60+. Here comes the flood!! Gotta find my boat.
    I own the second highest point in Indiana county - head there for the floods! There are
    4 microwave dishes there, flip them over for ready made arks!

Forum Member

Cool Florida has it the worst....

If you guys think you have it tough... well..
    ... we've actually got scattered clouds, and the temperature is only going to top out at around 85degrees today.

Heck, that's barely enough sun to keep the pool water warm.
    It's just plum awful..

... btw Kurt, if you being away from Central Florida is what is giving us this weather.. well .. take your time coming home ;-)

Forum Member

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Andy2802 View Post
    If you guys think you have it tough... well..
    ... we've actually got scattered clouds, and the temperature is only going to top out at around 85degrees today.

Heck, that's barely enough sun to keep the pool water warm.
    It's just plum awful..

... btw Kurt, if you being away from Central Florida is what is giving us this weather.. well .. take your time coming home ;-)
    Very Funny! I used to be like you and tease my family and friends up north. Would like to see your driving ability on ice right now. LOL

MembersZone Subscriber

Well it was not accompanied by the white stuff but the cold stuff rang true to form in Phoenix while I was there. record cold for one day at 43 degrees. I have been doing daily devotionals praying to the Weather God's to be merciful during the next week. Look out NH, the Iceman Cometh!
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Thread Information