Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Q for BC

Forum Member

Default Q for BC

BC, i added this thread because I wanted to keep the 1199 thread free of anything besides what it was meant for....

So is this the start of Round One or just a small test run getting ready for the big drop?? Is so do you know or think they will contiue a round a week as in years pat. WE have not received anything as of yet and I know there is a long way to go but i am just wondering.

Forum Member

This thread looks like the place for general questions so here it is: can anyone tell me if a potential 1199 could/would be held up because of a closeout? Our department owes some money back to the program too. Anybody?
    Last edited by joehale2317; 12-16-2009 at 05:39 PM. Reason: typo

If it was prior to a 2008 award, absolutely. 2008's won't hold up 2009's unless you are far out of your period of performance (which is possible this year, due to the delays)

MembersZone Subscriber
    20 minutes North of Cooperstown, NY/ Baseball Hall of Fame

OK so here is my questions, #1. On the sign up form in the name of person entitiled to payment they have my name, should I change this to our treasurers name since she is the one that receives all our deposits and writes all our checks? #2. we have our FD with our own check book and fund raisers and then we have our board of commissioners who receive all our tax dollars that pay for the expenses of the department like insurances, workers comp., utilities, repairs, equipment etc. who should all this grant money go to? my guess is the commissioners or am I wrong? #3. after I get the sign-up form complete and then save does the sight then direct me to the place to print out the 1199 so that I can get the required signitures? Oh so many questions.

Cool More questions.

I have been following this forum for years, but never post, until now. I have been seeing in the 1199 forum that the update will appear in an old grant request, or maybe the current one. My problem is this: we got a grant in 2003 for PPE but I cant access that grant anymore. I lost the username and password. I cant even find a place to log onto that grant if I had the info. Or are all the previous applications listed with this years on that screen? I have had no reductions in my budget, or no update info on the current 2009 grant action listing. Any ideas as to how to proceed? Or was our fire companies last grant so long ago that they would post to this one? That was the only time that we asked for AFG money untill this 2009 grant period. Thanks, Brian.

Forum Member

Thank you for your help Sly. It is for a 2008 award. Nevertheless, I'm trying to get it taken care of ASAP.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by joehale2317 View Post
    Thank you for your help Sly. It is for a 2008 award. Nevertheless, I'm trying to get it taken care of ASAP.
    You would think with the 3 month delay in getting the closeout portal reopened that they would take that into consideration.

That's why I said 2008's won't hold up a 2009 award.

I generally check anyone's previous grants that I work with to make sure there won't be any holdups, although this year I missed one. Got a call about someone who didn't close out their 2004. I was specifically informed that their 2009 award will sit untouched until this is corrected. I think it would stand to reason that they are being considered for a 2009 award and their previous performance was caught during tech review. Working with them now to get it corrected ASAP. I'd hate to lose an award that I worked hard on, but ultimately it's up to the client.

Here's the worst DJ you can get! (From a previous award a few years ago)

Your application was reviewed by a panel of your peers and scored well
    enough to be funded.
    However, incomplete fulfillment of the
    requirements on your previous AFG award(s) prevents us from funding this
    request. The AFG program guidance states that we may take into account
    an applicant's performance on prior grants when making funding decisions
    on current applications. In order for you to bring your department into
    good standing for future grant opportunities, you will need to provide
    DHS with an accounting of your grant expenditures by submitting the
    required closeout reports. If you have any questions regarding what is
    due, please contact your regional representative or the helpdesk at
    1-866-274-0960.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

RJ, it can be anyone's name that is authorized on the account.

Cappy, being the software nerd that I am, I'd be testing it just about the same way. Notice only trucks on one day, Ops the next as far as anyone has posted and the few spot checks I did off of our list. Normally they're sent once a day in a batch process, but if the issue was with a potential error not being properly handled in the algorithm things could have gotten screwed up real bad and either released none, released them all, or something completely different. So odds are they made batches of 1-2 departments at a time which is why the 1199As appeared throughout the day instead of all at once. Try one type of app, then the other, small numbers reduces the risk of things blowing up. Once they're all happy I think it will return to a batch, and a major one at that right now to get things going. They're still doing reductions on top of this since I found another set that wasn't there yesterday. Slow forward progress beats no progress.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bcfd1994 View Post
    I have been following this forum for years, but never post, until now. I have been seeing in the 1199 forum that the update will appear in an old grant request, or maybe the current one. My problem is this: we got a grant in 2003 for PPE but I cant access that grant anymore. I lost the username and password. I cant even find a place to log onto that grant if I had the info. Or are all the previous applications listed with this years on that screen? I have had no reductions in my budget, or no update info on the current 2009 grant action listing. Any ideas as to how to proceed? Or was our fire companies last grant so long ago that they would post to this one? That was the only time that we asked for AFG money untill this 2009 grant period. Thanks, Brian.
    Call the help desk or send an email explaining your problem with old apps. Had the same problem and got it fixed in a day.

Good luck to all!

Forum Member

Our dept. received an email from AFG on 12/15 advising that the closeout module was still experiencing technical problems. Our performance period ended 7/09. They stated that due to the ongoing problems withthe module, they will not hold the lack of closeout against us in the 09 program. They also said they would email us when the problem was resolved.

Thread Information