Forum Member

Default Port Hadlock, WA

I am being considered for a Firefighter/HazMat Ops GS-5 position at Port Hadlock. Does anybody have any information about the Naval Base? I have found very little information online. I am looking for any information you can provide such as the following:

Schedule

Certifications/Training they provide. Do they do any ARFF, Hazmat Tech, etc

Number of stations/apparatus

Call Volume

Size of the department

Anything that you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I would be moving from Virginia if I get and accept the position. Just trying to find out everything I can. Thanks!

Forum Member

sorry I can't provide any info but I was wondering if maybe you had any information about the VA area. I applied for Dispatcher for down in that area and it listed 3 locations. Norfolk, VA Beach, and somewhere else. Do you happen to know if there are multiple openings down there or is it basically all the same general area?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondude View Post
    sorry I can't provide any info but I was wondering if maybe you had any information about the VA area. I applied for Dispatcher for down in that area and it listed 3 locations. Norfolk, VA Beach, and somewhere else. Do you happen to know if there are multiple openings down there or is it basically all the same general area?
    Norfolk Naval Shipyard, Naval Amphibious Base Little Creek, and the City of Virginia Beach are all within the same vicinity of one another.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

I believe Port Hadlock is also know as Indian Island. This is part of consolidated Naval Region Northwest to include Keyport Naval Undersea Warfare Station, Puget Sound Naval Shipyard, Manchester Fuel Depot, Bangor Sub. Base, and on the East Side North of Seattle, Naval Station Everett, and Whidbey Island Naval Air Station.

As far as Port Hadlock is concerned, mostly warehouses and a naval magazine, no calls and no action. No ARFF. 1 Station. A retirement home.

MembersZone Subscriber

What kind of certs do you have? any experience? I heard they do a little, mostly mutual aid stuff, you should be able to get some good training time in. Do you have an idea on how many opening or applicants for the area? I heard Fed fire is tuff to get into
    Last edited by JDJFIREMAN1; 12-21-2009 at 05:40 PM.

Thread Information