Forum Member

Default Quick question on Janesville gear...

Is there anything unique about their suspender attatchment buttons? I want to send a buddy a set of my Morning Pride suspenders for his Janesville pants but he said he heard they use some weird sized suspender button and they won't fit?

Anybody know for certain? I know my MP suspenders fit on Globe, why not Janesville?

Forum Member

Just another turnout brand, I wear what ever the department issues.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Just another turnout brand, I wear what ever the department issues.
    What does that have to do with my question?

Forum Member

must not of read the post and just figured any thread about turnout gear asks the same questions. you'll find that a lot on these kinds of forums.

I can't give you a definite answer. If they're extra suspenders just send them and see what happens.

Forum Member

The Morning Pride suspenders will work with the Janesville gear. Our dept uses Janesville turnouts. The suspenders they issue are elastic with leather connections. Hated those suspenders as they 1.) Stretch/Sag when the pants got wet/heavy. 2.) Leather connections would rip/come loose. 3.) Leather connections ripped snaps off of older pants. Basically couldn't stand them.

Bought the Morning Pride suspenders (blue/red with metal connecting clips) and they work just fine and I couldn't be happier with them. No sag, the clips fit just fine and come on and off easy enough.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jwarne2001 View Post
    The Morning Pride suspenders will work with the Janesville gear. Our dept uses Janesville turnouts. The suspenders they issue are elastic with leather connections. Hated those suspenders as they 1.) Stretch/Sag when the pants got wet/heavy. 2.) Leather connections would rip/come loose. 3.) Leather connections ripped snaps off of older pants. Basically couldn't stand them.

Bought the Morning Pride suspenders (blue/red with metal connecting clips) and they work just fine and I couldn't be happier with them. No sag, the clips fit just fine and come on and off easy enough.
    Thanks for that info. I appreciate it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jwarne2001 View Post

Our new Janesville turnouts have a hardened plastic clip on the suspender that clips to a hardened plastic loop on the front/back of the pants. They are nice
    Blandford Fire Department
    93 Main Street
    Blandford, Ma 01008

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WD6956 View Post
    What does that have to do with my question?
    I read your question.

Turnouts are turnouts. You made a big thread on Morning Pride and you are on Janesville. You going to run one on Globe next?

My department buys them yearly and are always on a request for bid and they best bid thats meets the spec's get the award. Period!

Button, snaps, fastners don't mean nothing as long as they are an NFPA approved. The rank and file wears what the dept buys.

Have at it Pal.

Forum Member

is captoldtimer going senile?

Forum Member

I read your question.

Turnouts are turnouts. You made a big thread on Morning Pride and you are on Janesville. You going to run one on Globe next?
    You clearly are not paying any attention to what i am posting because you responding with mindless babble. If your bored and looking to flex your internet attitude problem, find someone else.

I wear Globe, i am issued Globe. But i have these things called F R I E N D S who work on other departments. Those other departments issue different brands of gear. I made a thread asking where i could get a FREIND MP pants and today i am asking simply what type of suspenders work with a particular brand. Sorry if you take issue with peple wo are not ignorant and need info on more then one brand of things. I happen to like knowing all i can about other brands of gear then what i use because it's something designed to save my life. If one day we end up switching, it's nice to know about what we might get. I am really, trully happy that you are perfectly content with what they issue you and you don't care about other brands. Good for you. If you don't want to help in a thread, why not just shut your mouth and say nothing? Instead you like to boost your post count with obnoxious comments that help nobody. Maybe your on this forum to stroke your ego and talk down to others and act like some big know it all tough guy. Pretty easy hiding behind a computer monitor. I come here to learn new things. If that bothers you, ignore my threads.

Button, snaps, fastners don't mean nothing as long as they are an NFPA approved. The rank and file wears what the dept buys.
    Buttons, Snaps and Fasteners mean plenty when you realize some manufacturers use different size attachments points. Why would i want to box up a pair of my suspenders and ship them 1,000 miles away only to find out they do not fit the guys gear? On the website for his pants, it says "Must use Janesville suspenders" with no explanation as to why. Thankfully another member chose to help me out.

Forum Member

You clearly are not paying any attention to what i am posting because you responding with mindless babble. If your bored and looking to flex your internet attitude problem, find someone else.

I wear Globe, i am issued Globe. But i have these things called F R I E N D S who work on other departments. Those other departments issue different brands of gear. I made a thread asking where i could get a FREIND MP pants and today i am asking simply what type of suspenders work with a particular brand. Sorry if you take issue with peple wo are not ignorant and need info on more then one brand of things. I happen to like knowing all i can about other brands of gear then what i use because it's something designed to save my life. If one day we end up switching, it's nice to know about what we might get. I am really, trully happy that you are perfectly content with what they issue you and you don't care about other brands. Good for you. If you don't want to help in a thread, why not just shut your mouth and say nothing? Instead you like to boost your post count with obnoxious comments that help nobody. Maybe your on this forum to stroke your ego and talk down to others and act like some big know it all tough guy. Pretty easy hiding behind a computer monitor. I come here to learn new things. If that bothers you, ignore my threads.

Buttons, Snaps and Fasteners mean plenty when you realize some manufacturers use different size attachments points. Why would i want to box up a pair of my suspenders and ship them 1,000 miles away only to find out they do not fit the guys gear? On the website for his pants, it says "Must use Janesville suspenders" with no explanation as to why. Thankfully another member chose to help me out.

YOU ARE RIGHT MY FRIEND. I AM NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO WHAT YOU POST.

Post whatever you want, I won't bother answering any of your post.

I hope that you learn, that is what the threads are for and the youngsters come and learn from us old guys. But what do us old guys know that you guys already know.

Adios

Forum Member

I hope that you learn, that is what the threads are for and the youngsters come and learn from us old guys. But what do us old guys know that you guys already know.

Adios

What? That does not even make any sense? I asked a question, you responded without answering it. Then you came in again and complained that i keep asking about other types of gear, and again, did not answer my question. So how you can say that "the younger guys are supposed to learn from us" when you are not even answering questions? Instead you argue and say that half the questions we ask are stupid?

Make up your mind. Either your hear to help out new guys and answer questions or your hear to argue and belittle people. What is it going to be? I asked a perfecly legitimate question and you repeadatley posted responses that did not answer it. How are people going to learn from that?

Forum Member

Not having all makes of turnouts gear in front me, I am thinking that there are some differences.

We are using Globe at the present time, but next year when the department bids out the gear stuff we may be using some other brand.

Forum Member

Is there anything unique about their suspender attatchment buttons? I want to send a buddy a set of my Morning Pride suspenders for his Janesville pants but he said he heard they use some weird sized suspender button and they won't fit?

Anybody know for certain? I know my MP suspenders fit on Globe, why not Janesville?

The MP & Globe suspenders work fine on our Janesville (Lion), Globe and MP. We have all three with Lion the newest as the others are phased out.

Besides, if for some reason you send and he can't use them, you tried. He can send them back and you can say, I'm sorry dude.

I don't think it is worth a lot of stress.
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinKnight View Post
    The MP & Globe suspenders work fine on our Janesville (Lion), Globe and MP. We have all three with Lion the newest as the others are phased out.

Besides, if for some reason you send and he can't use them, you tried. He can send them back and you can say, I'm sorry dude.

I don't think it is worth a lot of stress.
    Thanks for you post. I am not stressing it. Like you said, if they don't work, i told him to sell them on ebay.

I am wondering now if when these places imply "they won't work" it is really just marketing ploy to get you to buy their brand. I understand if maybe the pants have some sort of unique attachment point, but buttons look like botton to me. Even if they were a bit smaller or larger in diamater, you could bend the wire hooks to fit them.

Forum Member

Thanks for you post. I am not stressing it. Like you said, if they don't work, i told him to sell them on ebay.

I am wondering now if when these places imply "they won't work" it is really just marketing ploy to get you to buy their brand. I understand if maybe the pants have some sort of unique attachment point, but buttons look like botton to me. Even if they were a bit smaller or larger in diamater, you could bend the wire hooks to fit them.
    I would guess it is CYA for them. They are right where you are- without being certain how other manufacterers do it they cant garuntee it.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

If the suspender attachment style is with the brass button that you slide the metal or leather loop over it will be the same regardless of brand.

Do keep in mind that there are several onther attachment methods for suspenders. These include clips, snaps, loops on the suspenders that good through a snapped fold on the pants and some suspenders are even sewn on.

As for CaptOldTimer, he just appears to be a crusty old crumudeon who likes to go off on crabby, inane tangents whenever he feels the topic is beneath him. He seems to have a particular axe to grind with anyone who has less than his 157 years in the fire service. Once you learn to pretty much ignore him he doesn't bother you anymore.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Forum Member

Wink

As you may or may not know, I have a turnout repair facility and we change suspender buttons on all the major turnout brands. Most source their buttons from the same vendor and just have their logo stamped on the face. They all work in the same press and have the same dimensions so there should be no compatibility problems with any manufacturers' standard buttons. With that said, some manufacturers have some specialty suspenders with velcro and nylon clips which are exclusive to those brands.

And now this for those readers who may be mixing Metamucil and Lithium: Two dogs were holding paws and skipping down the sidewalk when the mailman thought "what a great place to pick up some lip balm." That's why I buy Duracell batteries just in case my walker gives out and I have to take the boat home instead of the rollercoaster. Remember, we owe it to the young guys, so check the date on the milk and use SPF 30 for all your digestive needs. So long and thanks for all the fish.

PS: This AARP forum is the best!

Thread Information