Forum Member

Default To call or not to call?

Hey guys,

So, I tested for a department in early november. They told us then, that we would all be contacted within 4-6 weeks letting us know whether or not we are continuing in the hire process. well, tomorrow is the end of the 6 weeks. My question is, should I call and see how the process is going or should I continue to be patient? This waiting game is really killing me. Every time my phone rings I get an adrenaline rush and butterflies... any words of wisdom would really help!

Thanks!

MembersZone Subscriber

It's a tough time since it's the end of the year and most depts are trying to close out any reports needed for the City or other agencies (not to mention all the vacation being used right now). Normally, I'd say wait to make the call, but I'm sure you'd like to have some idea. Wouldn't hurt to call and just inquire if they've made any notifications yet. If they have notified everyone, ask about you specifically. If not, thank them and sit on pins and needles through the holidays. Good luck!

Forum Member

I know how you feel. I was told I would hear back about a Chief's interview early last week. Now it's Friday of the following week, and I still haven't heard anything. I've been completely distracted now for 2 weeks. I also feel the butterflies everytime the phone rings. My hair is turning gray and falling out like crazy!

I am fighting the urge to call. I sent an email last week to HR and asked if there was anything they needed from me. They didn't respond. I don't know if I should call or not.

Forum Member

zzyyzx: Thanks for your suggestion. I just called them. They informed me that the budget was cut and that the class of 20 was cut to 10. Also, they informed me that they were just waiting to contact the rest of the candidates after they knew if additional funding would go through...

FatKid4: Yaybe you should try and call too... I don't think it would hurt, as long as you are diplomatic.

Thread Information