Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking News flash................

Due to the 18-20 inch Snowfall Today, The DC Area Chapter of the National Global Warming Society has cancelled their meeting, which had been set for tomorrow afternoon.........
    Last edited by hwoods; 12-19-2009 at 10:23 PM.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Thanks for providing that info...

I was worried that I missed it due to not being able get into the city from all of the snow.

Maybe I can still make it. I'm following a plow and only have three miles left to go.

If I get there a little early, maybe I can visit with Senator Reid for a little while.
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Banned

Only 20" what's the big deal??? Get the snow blower out, clean the driveway and MoveOn.org.....

I did have a good laugh at seeing Chairman Obama getting off Air Force 1 in a Blizzard on his return from the Copenhagen scam.

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

I'll take "20 Inches Of Snow for 200, please Harve." It sure beats the MINUS temperatures up this way. Not much snow here, but CO-OLD! At least you know that in a few days your snow will be gone. LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY BAHSTAHDS!
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by hwoods View Post
    Due to the 18-20 inch Snowfall Today, The DC Area Chapter of the National Global Warming Society has cancelled their meeting, which had been set for tomorrow afternoon.........
    Are you sure that we had any snow? It must of have been a bad joke, Al Gore stated that the core of the Earth was heating up to more that Millions of degree. We all know that Al Gore and his morons are never wrong. Heck soon we be hotter that the sun and there is no snow on the sun. Gosh, where well the all the poor old polar bears go?
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL
    http://sylvafiredeptnc.tripod.com

Lightbulb Hmmm......

Quote Originally Posted by BULL321 View Post
    Are you sure that we had any snow? It must of have been a bad joke, Al Gore stated that the core of the Earth was heating up to more that Millions of degree. We all know that Al Gore and his morons are never wrong. Heck soon we be hotter that the sun and there is no snow on the sun. Gosh, where well the all the poor old polar bears go?

Polar Bears??..... What about all of the unemployed Snow Plow Drivers......
    In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

They can pick up part time jobs, working in the up coming Census.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

Thumbs up Hmmmmm................

They can pick up part time jobs, working in the up coming Census.

That might work...... Do they have to join ACORN first??.....
    In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

Banned

If it makes you feel better, we are getting freezing rain today. I will take 2 feet of snow over freezing rain any day.

Come on Global Warming. Another 3 or 4 degrees should be just right

Save the trees!!

We might need the firewood!
    I fish for a living, but I have to work for money...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rhvfd1214 View Post
    Save the trees!!

We might need the firewood!
    Exactly, planning my wood boiler as we speak thanks to Obama giving me a $1,500 tax credit. I'm encouraging my friends and neighbors as well so I can sell them their needed firewood. I plan on doing a pick your own system (I tell you what you can pick)

MembersZone Subscriber

It has not been above 0 C (32f) since November in Alberta. In Nikolayev, we have had the worst snows in 20 years. Global warming my patoot!!

Quote Originally Posted by hwoods View Post
    That might work...... Do they have to join ACORN first??.....
    If they do they are screwed. Acorn will not hire honest folks. I think they require at least one felony on your record along with a FBI and SID number.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

- Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

Banned

If they do they are screwed. Acorn will not hire honest folks. I think they require at least one felony on your record along with a FBI and SID number.
    Wait, they offer training on how to become a felon.

I believe they do. Its change we can believe in.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

- Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

I've been delighting in telling the neighborhood schoolkids about the snow in the forecast while they still have three days "winter break".
    I just love it when it snows on the weekend but warms enough to melt it off by Monday morning.

Forum Member

Whacker question:What is your favorite method of prepping your POV for snowfall and are you allowed to have lights and sirens on your sled or tobaggon at your Explorer post?
    When I drove a wheelchair bus for the only cab company at the time in Paducah Ky,we'd have to park the buses facing West,which pretty much guaranteed snow and ice covered windshields.I'd take a cardboard box and break it down so it could cover the windshield and stop the wipers in midsweep to place the unfolded box under the blades.
    The result was that in the morning while other drivers were trying to get their windshield clear,I was just pulling the cardboard off my windshield and starting my bus to warm it up so I could make my route.Gas motor Ford E-350s,if anyone's interested.The mechanic hated Diesels then and still does.
    The biggest problem I had was my route was in a hilly part out in Land Between The Lakes which meant I had real fun moving mentally and physically handicapped folks from their managed residences to the bus.

20 inches. Pathetic. What we might call a dusting......if you live in Wyoming or South Dakota.

Rapid city just got a near 40-inch storm last week. They had 2 of them last Winter as well.

Gorgeous part of the country by the way surrounded by the Badlands to the East, and the Black Hills just to West.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

Here in Memphis,when an inch or two of snow is expected,the news channels start telling people when the snow plows will run,the best way to the store to buy milk and bread(even if no one actually USES milk and bread) and how to fairly decide who will be sacrificed and eaten should the available food in the house run out.
    Schools are let out early for the bus riding kids while those that walk or ride home have to wait for a couple hours which is long enough that they might as well have the full schoolday because they aren't allowed to leave until 1500 anyway.
    In Paducah in 2004,we got a foot of snow and no one worried about any of that.We just dealt with it because the kids were out on Christmas Break(it WAS called that) and everyone else knew more or less how to drive in snow and helped those that didn't or couldn't get out in it.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    20 inches. Pathetic. What we might call a dusting......if you live in Wyoming or South Dakota.

Rapid city just got a near 40-inch storm last week. They had 2 of them last Winter as well.

Gorgeous part of the country by the way surrounded by the Badlands to the East, and the Black Hills just to West.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    Here in Memphis,when an inch or two of snow is expected,the news channels start telling people when the snow plows will run,the best way to the store to buy milk and bread(even if no one actually USES milk and bread) and how to fairly decide who will be sacrificed and eaten should the available food in the house run out.
    Schools are let out early for the bus riding kids while those that walk or ride home have to wait for a couple hours which is long enough that they might as well have the full schoolday because they aren't allowed to leave until 1500 anyway.
    In Paducah in 2004,we got a foot of snow and no one worried about any of that.We just dealt with it because the kids were out on Christmas Break(it WAS called that) and everyone else knew more or less how to drive in snow and helped those that didn't or couldn't get out in it.
    Too Funny. Around here anything under three inches is called a dusting. 6 to 12 inches is common, and occasionally we get the measurements in feet. Not a big deal if you are used to it and know what you are doing.

Thread Information