Thread: Aurora

Forum Member

Default Aurora

Has anyone heard back from Aurora since taking the Poly? I took mine in early November.

Forum Member

My girlfriends brother got a call last week to go in and start his background check today, but he's #1 on the list.

Ugggh here I am #86 wishing I lived in the city for those 5 extra points lol.

Forum Member

Yea, I was 41. Preference points would have been nice. #1, not bad!

Forum Member

Also started the background portion as of today. From what I heard, they're doing backgrounds on 30 applicants. Also heard they might be hiring 9-10 guys. Good luck to everyone.

Forum Member

Anybody hear anything new lately? Apparently from what I'm hearing quite a few people got calls with job offers this week. I've heard a lot more were knocked off the list too, but the most recent update to the list was in January 1 where 11 were already removed.

Forum Member

First I've heard of that. Where did you get the info about them knocking 11 off the list? I might just give them a call on Monday to see if there is an updated list.

Forum Member

http://www.aurora-il.org/civil_servi...ility_fire.php

Although that list doesn't show ties or preference points

The initial list started out as 151, down to 140 and I'm up 11 spots, but it hasn't been changed since Jan 1. I got the information about hirings from people currently on the department that started to hear things the end of this week, and from what I've heard more may be dropped from failing the interview and psych exam many took the past couple weeks.

Don't take anything as 100% but I'll add any additional info as I get it.

Edit:
    Since getting home from work this evening I was told for sure some people on the list got letters today stating that information received recently from whatever stage of the hiring process has knocked them out, so the list will be slimmed down a bit more from that and the hirings, hopefully it will be updated online soon.
    Last edited by t1tan19; 03-06-2010 at 10:54 PM.

Forum Member

Thanks for that link. It definitely looks like I moved up 10 spots. At the top it says that it does include all preference points too.

Forum Member

No problem

Yeah, it just doesn't show who received them and how many, or the ties. I know that I didn't receive any points, but I did tie with 15 people and was chosen 14/15 of the lottery to select places, which sucks for me.

Forum Member

Just a heads up, they uploaded the new list, it's down to 120, I know 1 person was reinstated and either 11 or 13 were hired, then the rest were removed for whatever reason. I've also heard the list will not be extended for a third year once the two years are up, but then who knows, things change and that's a while away. I also heard rumors they anticipate running through the list in the two years.

http://www.aurora-il.org/civil_servi...ility_fire.php

MembersZone Subscriber

Do they have any place where they show the requirements? Also does anyone know when they will be testing again?
    Sincerely,

JuniorAFPD
    juniorafpd@gmail.com

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JuniorAFPD View Post
    Do they have any place where they show the requirements? Also does anyone know when they will be testing again?
    I still have the list on my computer, the current list is active until Nov 2 2011, 2012 if they extend it, which nobody knows.

Aurora Fire Department 2009 Firefighter Qualifications

Please read below as qualifications and fees have been added.

You must meet the following qualifications in order to take the entrance examination:

• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
    • Must be 20 years of age and less than 35 years of age by the date of the written exam.
    • Must be at least 21 years of age and less than 35 years of age at time of appointment.
    • Must possess a valid class “D” Illinois driver’s license prior to appointment and at the time of testing must present same, or a valid out- of-state driver’s license of similar classification.
    • Must be able to meet vision requirements at time of appointment. Correctable to 20/20 with both eyes open, field of vision, depth perception, color vision.
    • Must be able to certify as Paramedic (EMT-P).
    • Must have ability to obtain certification as EMT-B/D or I.
    • Must have excellent moral character and personal integrity.
    • Must be CPAT (Candidate Physical Ability Test) certified by time of written exam.
    • Applicant must pay a $20 non-refundable application fee when submitting application.

Thread Information