MembersZone Subscriber

Default Bad Bad News!!!!

Guinness Fire, Dublin

Shocking News.... DFB have been fighting a fire in the Guinness Brewery in Dublin today. For those of you who have had the pleasure you'll know the finest pint of Guinness that will ever pass your lips comes from the Brewery in Dublin.

Thankfully it hasn't affected production. Well done to DFB for a job well done in holding the job and my best wishes to the two Brothers who were injured.
    Steve Dude
    IACOJ member
    www.fireservice.co.uk

London Fire Brigade...."Can Do"

'Irony'... It's a British thing.

Forum Member

Just one more reason to be thankful for firefighters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveDude View Post
    Guinness Fire, Dublin

Shocking News.... DFB have been fighting a fire in the Guinness Brewery in Dublin today. For those of you who have had the pleasure you'll know the finest pint of Guinness that will ever pass your lips comes from the Brewery in Dublin.

Thankfully it hasn't affected production. Well done to DFB for a job well done in holding the job and my best wishes to the two Brothers who were injured.

Forum Member

Yes, A toast and Speedy recovery to these 2 Heroic brother!!!

I heard about today and rushed the the store to stock up.......luckily due to the fine work from the DFB....I can rest easy....now...what to do with all this Guinness....
    IACOJ Member

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by VinnieB View Post

I heard about today and rushed the the store to stock up.......luckily due to the fine work from the DFB....I can rest easy....now...what to do with all this Guinness....
    Six packs of Guinness make lovely Christmas gifts....
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
    Six packs of Guinness make lovely Christmas gifts....
    The Guinness up here has been horrible lately.

Had one at the local restaraunt tonight, and it had absolutely horrible flavor and was completely flat.

Been having problems with 6 packs being flat, as well
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Forum Member

I had the pleasure of touring the Guinness factory a couple of summers ago. They have a lounge on the top floor (maybe 6-7 floors up) that has a 360 degree glass window view of Dublin. The day my wife and I were there, it was a cool and drizzly day. Sitting up there, sipping a pint that's about a day old, looking over the beautiful city of Dublin. I'm not sure if there is a heaven, but if there is, I wasn't too far away...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bomberodevil View Post
    I had the pleasure of touring the Guinness factory a couple of summers ago. They have a lounge on the top floor (maybe 6-7 floors up) that has a 360 degree glass window view of Dublin. The day my wife and I were there, it was a cool and drizzly day. Sitting up there, sipping a pint that's about a day old, looking over the beautiful city of Dublin. I'm not sure if there is a heaven, but if there is, I wasn't too far away...
    That sounds amazing.

makes good girls go bad

Quote Originally Posted by VinnieB View Post

NYC is only a couple hours away up the Parkway.....
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SteveDude View Post
    Guinness Fire, Dublin

The Good Captain(Deputy) Will be pizzed!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Res343cue View Post

Had one at the local restaraunt tonight, and it had absolutely horrible flavor and was completely flat.

You got CO2,don't ya?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bomberodevil View Post
    ...... Sitting up there, sipping a pint that's about a day old, looking over the beautiful city of Dublin. I'm not sure if there is a heaven, but if there is, I wasn't too far away...
    Fairly sure that's Heaven......!!
    IACOJ Member

Forum Member

I read that 2 firefighters were hurt fighting the fire..........Dare we ask how? You know those guys are going to get their balls busted when they return to shift.

I used to know a guy in Merrimack, NH where Anheiser-Busch has a brewery. His motto was something about protecting the brewery for everyone.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Res343cue View Post

Have had Guiness poured by an actual Irish bartender () and by that pretty barmaid... although not as easy on the eyes the difference in a properly poured is like home made pasta sauce vs that jarred imposter...

Thread Information