Forum Member

Question Where is Jasnico510?

This guy won the 1199 date pool. I have sent him a private message to his profile here and I have as yet to see a response.

If anyone knows how to get ahold of him, contact him for me please. aaannnddd Thankyou

Forum Member

Have no idea where, but maybe you should start a pool for the 10Q's, it should not be near as drawn out as the 1199a pool....I hope!

Forum Member

Talking

I'm in for the 29th ! Happy
    new year !!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Give me 1/8/09!

Forum Member

Put me in for lucky # 13, JANUARY (I HOPE) 13th

Forum Member

illinois, and finally about to start construction

give me the 23rd of december

Forum Member

Default Hello

Sorry I have not checked my messages! Am I the big winner of a new Pumper? lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jasnic0510 View Post
    Sorry I have not checked my messages! Am I the big winner of a new Pumper? lol
    Well Jasnic0510, I've had a lot of changes since I posted this thread this morning. I was visiting our Emergency Mangement office around noon today and got latest updates on our weather. Interesting because my wife and I are planning a road trip to Fort Bragg NC, with the intention of leaving Saturday morning. With the weather update getting worse we have advanced our date to leave by car. This afternoon/evening in fact so we are rushing to get ahead of the freezing ice and snow. They anticipate all interstates in the midwest to close soon. We are heading south across Missouri and will go to the gulf and turn east if we have to. We are going to see our first grandson who is four months old and my son who just arrived from Iraq this past Friday morning for 2 weeks furlough.

If you would send your mailing address to this email address,,,jm44849@windstrem.net along with your phone number, I will attempt to get this prize to you when I arrive and between bowl games.

I have also printed off a copy of the RENO GANG roster as contacts in case of trouble. So if you get a call requesting weather updates, its me.

(the edit button is not showing my email quite right. its jm44849@windstream.net)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jam24u View Post
    Well Jasnic0510, I've had a lot of changes since I posted this thread this morning. I was visiting our Emergency Mangement office around noon today and got latest updates on our weather. Interesting because my wife and I are planning a road trip to Fort Bragg NC, with the intention of leaving Saturday morning. With the weather update getting worse we have advanced our date to leave by car. This afternoon/evening in fact so we are rushing to get ahead of the freezing ice and snow. They anticipate all interstates in the midwest to close soon. We are heading south across Missouri and will go to the gulf and turn east if we have to. We are going to see our first grandson who is four months old and my son who just arrived from Iraq this past Friday morning for 2 weeks furlough.

If you would send your mailing address to this email address,,,jm44849@windstrem.net along with your phone number, I will attempt to get this prize to you when I arrive and between bowl games.

I have also printed off a copy of the RENO GANG roster as contacts in case of trouble. So if you get a call requesting weather updates, its me.

(the edit button is not showing my email quite right. its jm44849@windstream.net)
    Jam, If you get around east TN or SW NC and need something call. I'll send my phone via email. Have a safe trip.

MembersZone Subscriber

)
    Email sent - and NOTHING is better than a grandbaby.

Forum Member

Hey Jam, I bet you are very excited to see the grandson and your son. Please pass on a special thank you to your son for serving this time overseas. I feel we owe all of our military this special gratitude for all the sacrifices they make to keep the US safe. Have a safe and enjoyable trip. Merry Christmas!!

Kelly

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by imafireman View Post
    Hey Jam, I bet you are very excited to see the grandson and your son. Please pass on a special thank you to your son for serving this time overseas. I feel we owe all of our military this special gratitude for all the sacrifices they make to keep the US safe. Have a safe and enjoyable trip. Merry Christmas!!

Kelly
    BUMP, I wish that everyone felt the same way. When we are gathered around the tree this Christmas we should remember what the true meaning of Christmas is and give thanks to the ones serving and protecting our country.

Forum Member

Talking

Most definatly , We should give thanks that we have the freedoms we have because of the efforts of our military. Pray to whoever you believe in to watch over them and keep them from harms way!
    My brother in law sent an e-mail yesterday saying he's back in Afghanistan and about to catch a flight off to the northern border with china. Be out of touch for a while.

My niece is headed back to Bagdad the 2nd week of January for her second tour in 4 years.

It's hard to have a joyful Holiday when you never know what the next day will bring in the news.

MembersZone Subscriber

I am honored to have a son in the USAF, and grateful that he is wintering in Idaho this Christmas. I add my thanks to all who serve, especially those in harm's way. May they be held in safety, and return to your embrace.

I'd also express gratitude to Andy's (my son) Sargent, who arranged for him to come home in time to visit my Mom for her final day, then extended his time so he could be at the memorial service. That was unexpected, and much appreciated.

earl

Forum Member

Angry Soldier haters

Quote Originally Posted by Greenacres2 View Post
    I am honored to have a son in the USAF, and grateful that he is wintering in Idaho this Christmas. I add my thanks to all who serve, especially those in harm's way. May they be held in safety, and return to your embrace.

I'd also express gratitude to Andy's (my son) Sargent, who arranged for him to come home in time to visit my Mom for her final day, then extended his time so he could be at the memorial service. That was unexpected, and much appreciated.

earl
    And then there are those in this country who think those who serve are murderers and persons of low character. This are the Americans who hate America. Our soldiers learn character and honor which is beyond their comprehension and understanding.

Warning! There are many of these individuals in this country now.

Off my rant now. (for now)

MembersZone Subscriber

Being a veteran myself and having direct lineage to one of this country's last 5 star generals ( Omar- great, great Uncle) my family has answered the call of duty on many occasions. We have sacrificed family members lives in every war since the Civil War. Thankfully, advances in modern combat and personal protection equipment ( much of which is now in use by our own Hometown Heroes) so far our current enlisted family members have survived Desert Storm, Iraqi Freedom and in Afghanistan without casualty. My niece is currenlty deployed to Irag.

I remember having worked with a particular service member who I helped complete his department's AFG application while flying to some unk foreign duty station after his reserve unit was called up and utilizing a satellite link to speak with me and finish his department's application in the air and enroute.What dedication not only to his deparrt and community but to his country.

I travel frequently throughout the airports of our nation and frequenlty encounter service members either embarking on or returning from tours of duty. I urge all of you, as I do, to not miss the opportunity to extend a "Thank you for your service" greeting to them. The smiles and pride I see expressed upon their faces is a sight to behold. To all of our service members during this Holiday Season "Peace on Earth", keep your head down and pass the ammuniton!
    Last edited by ktb9780; 12-24-2009 at 09:22 AM.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Being a veteran myself and having direct lineage to one of this country's last 5 star generals ( Omar- great, great Uncle) my family has answered the call of duty on many occasions. We have sacrificed family members lives in every war since the Civil War. Thankfully, advances in modern combat and personal protection equipment ( much of which is now in use by our own Hometown Heroes) so far our current enlisted family members have survived Desert Storm, Iraqi Freedom and in Afghanistan without casualty. My niece is currenlty deployed to Irag.

I remember having worked with a particular service member who I helped complete his department's AFG application while flying to some unk foreign duty station after his reserve unit was called up and utilizing a satellite link to speak with me and finish his department's application in the air and enroute.What dedication not only to his deparrt and community but to his country.

I travel frequently throughout the airports of our nation and frequenlty encounter service members either embarking on or returning from tours of duty. I urge all of you, as I do, to not miss the opportunity to extend a "Thank you for your service" greeting to them. The smiles and pride I see expressed upon their faces is a sight to behold. To all of our service members during this Holiday Season "Peace on Earth", keep your head down and pass the ammuniton!
    The above moved me almost to tears. When I sat at a Fort Jackson graduating ceremony 3.5 years ago, it was the largest class to graduate in eight years. The size was impressive, subordinate only dignity of these young men and women, and the realization of what they were likely heading into. They are what is best in America. Along with strong families and those instilled with an overpowering sense of fairness and doing what is right. Not wrong. When you see a serviceman, remember this is what they are graduated with. Honor.

Thank you to all those who understand and can give my vehicle application approval!

MembersZone Subscriber

The above moved me almost to tears. When I sat at a Fort Jackson graduating ceremony 3.5 years ago, it was the largest class to graduate in eight years. The size was impressive, subordinate only dignity of these young men and women, and the realization of what they were likely heading into. They are what is best in America. Along with strong families and those instilled with an overpowering sense of fairness and doing what is right. Not wrong. When you see a serviceman, remember this is what they are graduated with. Honor.

Thank you to all those who understand and can give my vehicle application approval!
    There is speical significance to me and always has been in the words " Pride, Duty, Honor". Alhtough I have traveled to many third world and foreign lands they are great places to visit but, I have truly never thought that any place was as great to live in as here. We have the highest immigration rate of any country; that does not happen without reason!
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

And then there are those in this country who think those who serve are murderers and persons of low character. This are the Americans who hate America. Our soldiers learn character and honor which is beyond their comprehension and understanding.

Warning! There are many of these individuals in this country now.

Off my rant now. (for now)
    As an Air Force vet and having ridden with the Patriot Guard I've seen this up close and personal, makes my blood boil.

I just went to my sons graduation from Air Force BMT last Thanksgiving I was prouder of him that day than I was when he graduated High School (due to an injury he spent 4.5 months at Basic instead of 8.5 weeks) everywhere we went that weekend in San Antonio was just the opposite though people went out of their way to thank and congratulate these young Airmen, it was a great weekend!

Mine got to come home from Tech school for the Holidays, glad you got to go see your son and grandson, thank him from me and mine Jam!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by farmerfire1156 View Post
    Jam, If you get around east TN or SW NC and need something call. I'll send my phone via email. Have a safe trip.
    Mr. Farmer,

I am in a southern suburb of Charlotte right now. Is that close. I'll check my emails. Leaving for Fayetteville Christmas morning. (Isn't Chief Supply in the Charlotte area? Too bad I'm here on Christmas.)

MembersZone Subscriber

Mr. Farmer,

I am in a southern suburb of Charlotte right now. Is that close. I'll check my emails. Leaving for Fayetteville Christmas morning. (Isn't Chief Supply in the Charlotte area? Too bad I'm here on Christmas.)
    Yes it is on David Taylor Dr across from the Wachovia Banking complex ( Old IBM campus).
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by OsbornFPD View Post
    As an Air Force vet and having ridden with the Patriot Guard I've seen this up close and personal, makes my blood boil.

I just went to my sons graduation from Air Force BMT last Thanksgiving I was prouder of him that day than I was when he graduated High School (due to an injury he spent 4.5 months at Basic instead of 8.5 weeks) everywhere we went that weekend in San Antonio was just the opposite though people went out of their way to thank and congratulate these young Airmen, it was a great weekend!

Mine got to come home from Tech school for the Holidays, glad you got to go see your son and grandson, thank him from me and mine Jam!
    I had the honor of attending the Retreat Ceremony at Lackland on 3-Dec-08, and spending the next 3 days with my son and members of his flight. Never have i been more impressed with a group of young men, and like Osborn the time in the San Antonio area was a gift. Mostly, we hung out at the base bowling alley--and had a blast.

If any of you want to see what the other side looks like, rent the film "Taking Chance" with Kevin Bacon in the role of Lt.Col Michael Strobl (USMC, ret). No plot, just the story of the respect accorded to our Fallen on their final journey home. Should be required viewing for every resident of The US. To each family who has given a Loved One for my Freedom--i hold your Gift to us in highest esteem.

earl

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Greenacres2 View Post
    I had the honor of attending the Retreat Ceremony at Lackland on 3-Dec-08, and spending the next 3 days with my son and members of his flight. Never have i been more impressed with a group of young men, and like Osborn the time in the San Antonio area was a gift. Mostly, we hung out at the base bowling alley--and had a blast.

If any of you want to see what the other side looks like, rent the film "Taking Chance" with Kevin Bacon in the role of Lt.Col Michael Strobl (USMC, ret). No plot, just the story of the respect accorded to our Fallen on their final journey home. Should be required viewing for every resident of The US. To each family who has given a Loved One for my Freedom--i hold your Gift to us in highest esteem.

earl
    Well said Earl I saw that movie; moved me to tears. Merry Xmas to you and Sue and Andy!
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Mr. Farmer,

We are about 2 hrs northwest of Charlotte. Weather calling for freezing rain and , high winds later tonight here, everywhere else is just rain. Hope you have a safe trip, and I will resend my phone number, it came back as undeliverable (I'll look back and reply to an older message). God Bless. Thank your son again for what he is doing for this country.

Forum Member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by farmerfire1156 View Post
    We are about 2 hrs northwest of Charlotte. Weather calling for freezing rain and , high winds later tonight here, everywhere else is just rain. Hope you have a safe trip, and I will resend my phone number, it came back as undeliverable (I'll look back and reply to an older message). God Bless. Thank your son again for what he is doing for this country.
    I got the phone numbers entered in my cell phone now. You live up in THOSE mountains? Dude, I haven't seen a mountain weather forcast until a few hours ago and, damn! Those mountains with freezing rain. I feel more confident with another 11 inches on top of our 14 inches back home. That Rock slide on I-40 screwed up everything. LOL

Thread Information